Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thank you Dovster, Terminalfive and Cucchi for your feedback!

It looks like the opinion is somewhat split - I'm still quite undecided where to go.
Westin rooms look nice from the photos. Are they really as per the photos or are the photos much nicer than they actually are?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Westin is indeed the nicest and the closest to the high end shopping. The real shame is that the best hotel in Milano left Starwood a few years ago. The Principe di Savoia is an excellent choice and was always my first choice in Milano. Well it still is my first choice if I can afford it.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:21 am

Thank you Stimpy, I think I'll go for Westin.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
In post #90, I mentioned that Wife and I really liked the Diana Majestic, and were treated extremely well during a pre-Christmas shopping trip. Cool bar, good restaurants nearby, and close to shopping. Staff was amazing and everything was decorated for Christmas. Was upgraded and treated like royalty as a GM from another hotel asked them to treat us well.

I stayed alone at the Meridien Gallia and received a large room, but the hotel was a bit run down and the area was not great. But very convenient if you need the train station.

Have not stayed at the Westin, but it is in a good area and looks quite nice. It was not available when we stayed at the Diana Majestic. If it is like the Westin's that we stayed at in Florence and Venice, I would go for it. But the Diana, though a Sheraton, was nice.

Good luck.

fduvall
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:01 pm

Thank you Fduvall. Diana Majestic sounds good too in that case. I might consider splitting my stay to two properties.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by fduvall
In post #90, I mentioned that Wife and I really liked the Diana Majestic, and were treated extremely well during a pre-Christmas shopping trip. Cool bar, good restaurants nearby, and close to shopping. Staff was amazing and everything was decorated for Christmas. Was upgraded and treated like royalty as a GM from another hotel asked them to treat us well.

I stayed alone at the Meridien Gallia and received a large room, but the hotel was a bit run down and the area was not great. But very convenient if you need the train station.

Have not stayed at the Westin, but it is in a good area and looks quite nice. It was not available when we stayed at the Diana Majestic. If it is like the Westin's that we stayed at in Florence and Venice, I would go for it. But the Diana, though a Sheraton, was nice.

Good luck.

fduvall
I rather enjoyed the Gallia and thought the run down aspects gave it a certain old Europe feel, but I'm weird that way. I had two or three stays at the Gallia and I recall that on one stay I checked in looking like a ragged tourist and was less than well received. On my next stay I took some time at the airport to change shirts and spruce up a bit and was treated very graciously. Fashion and appearance go a long way in Milan. YMMV.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:09 pm

Just stayed at Sheraton Diana Majestic (I'm working through all the Starwood properties in Milan - I have Westin left to try).

The room looked like it had been renovated quite recently, although the bathroom looked a bit older.

The room was brightly lit, which to me was a lovely change - I got so used to dimly lit hotel rooms in Europe but really appreciated the brightly lit room at SDM. However, the bathroom was a bit dark for my liking (I like my bathroom to be really, really brightly lit).

The executive room at SDM was a bit larger than the executive room at FP, but seemingly equivalent room (basically the top of the range non-suite) at LMG was larger than the executive room at SDM. So, room size wise, my favourite is LMG.

LMG is more convenient if anyone is catching the bus from the airport, but I found SDM more convenient than LMG for Scala, Duomo, Montenapoleone etc (a bit shorter walk, with more shops along the way).

The concierge at SDM was very helpful, so was everyone else in fact, apart from one somewhat grumpy chap at the reception.

The only problems I had during my stay was the overhead shower kept going cold (strangely, the hand-held shower was fine), and the traffic noise which wasn't too bad but can be bothersome. If you stay here, I'd suggest asking for a room at the back of the hotel, because you do get quite a bit of traffic noise at the front.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I scored a great room at the westin Milan .I t was a corner suite with a huge bathroom,and also a separate huge steam bath. It was very nice.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
If you stay here, I'd suggest asking for a room at the back of the hotel, because you do get quite a bit of traffic noise at the front.
+1- also because the gardens of the hotel are really very nice, and you overlook them if you are on the back of the hotel- some of the rooms also have little balconies which are lovely (the ones on the front overlook the tram which is not so lovely).
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Question

If Gallia close this year for a general renovation, I need an alternative for milan with very good kitchen, nice rooms, good location and nearby parking.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
If Gallia close this year for a general renovation, I need an alternative for milan with very good kitchen, nice rooms, good location and nearby parking.
Surely something must be available with your esselunga verde card

Do you want to stick with SPG? If so, I would stay at the Diana Majestic, park around the corner (pass by the hotel heading towards Pte Venezia, turn right immediately at the little road, turn right again, and then there is a guarded parking lot to your left- 32 EUR per 24 hours- access 24 hours and guarded- they will also wash your car if you want).

I see you are ex-Hyatt- it's hard to do better than the Hyatt in Milano.

I don't know if we have any confirmation yet on the Gallia closing date anyway.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Surely something must be available with your esselunga verde card

Do you want to stick with SPG? If so, I would stay at the Diana Majestic, park around the corner (pass by the hotel heading towards Pte Venezia, turn right immediately at the little road, turn right again, and then there is a guarded parking lot to your left- 32 EUR per 24 hours- access 24 hours and guarded- they will also wash your car if you want).

I see you are ex-Hyatt- it's hard to do better than the Hyatt in Milano.

I don't know if we have any confirmation yet on the Gallia closing date anyway.
Oh yes, esselunga rules...

Is this the parking under the esselunga near the Diana or this near Corso Buenos Aires? How is the kitchen of the Diana???

Hyatt in Milano is not my ultimate favorite, what about the principe di savoia?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Oh yes, esselunga rules...

Is this the parking under the esselunga near the Diana or this near Corso Buenos Aires? How is the kitchen of the Diana???

Hyatt in Milano is not my ultimate favorite, what about the principe di savoia?
Everbody like esselunga!
Here is the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Autorimessa Melzo- 300 meters form the hotel.
You can also let them valet, however I don't recall the cost, don't recall if it is guarded (I don't think so) and don't know if they have in/out 24 hours (you need to check). I have always left my car at Autorimessa- close and easy (and guarded).

Kitchen of the Diana is OK, however there are a ton of restaurants in the area, including some pretty good Japanese about a 5 minute walk away.

Principe di savoia I have not stayed at in a long time (not since they rennovated)- I do recall that a friend of mine working with a record label in Milano told me they put up all the stars there, and that they liked it a lot. I have seen rates >1000 EUR for a junior suite, and 750 for a double used as a single, so for less you could stay at the Four Seasons (which is very nice I think even if some of the rooms are pretty small). The Westin is very close to the Principe di savoia, however personally this hotel is not one of my favorites.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Everbody like esselunga!
Here is the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Autorimessa Melzo- 300 meters form the hotel.
You can also let them valet, however I don't recall the cost, don't recall if it is guarded (I don't think so) and don't know if they have in/out 24 hours (you need to check). I have always left my car at Autorimessa- close and easy (and guarded).

Kitchen of the Diana is OK, however there are a ton of restaurants in the area, including some pretty good Japanese about a 5 minute walk away.

Principe di savoia I have not stayed at in a long time (not since they rennovated)- I do recall that a friend of mine working with a record label in Milano told me they put up all the stars there, and that they liked it a lot. I have seen rates >1000 EUR for a junior suite, and 750 for a double used as a single, so for less you could stay at the Four Seasons (which is very nice I think even if some of the rooms are pretty small). The Westin is very close to the Principe di savoia, however personally this hotel is not one of my favorites.
The Four Seasons I have forgotten...

The Westin is a no go for me. I have tasted the kitchen at the beginning of the year. No comment is my best comment for it...
I also miss my points until now...
And btw I hate liars. When I was there, a waiter " sells " the coperto ( 6,50 € ) to an US - guest as a ( kind of ) tax...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The FS and Principe de Savoia have always been my favorites in Milano, especially when the P de S was Starwood.

But when cost is an issue, the Crowne Plaza is a great choice and when on sale the Starwood properties are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.