Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Star_Alliance
Hi,
have the hotels a lounge for Plt's with breakfast?
Which Hotel you like more?
Or cheaper Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center

Thanks
Star_Alliance
As a platinum, recently upgraded to a fabulous suite with sauna at the Westin Palace Milan. Didn't take breakfast (nor do I recall if it was offered) but this was one of the best properties I've stayed at in Europe.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
while i have not stayed at the diana majestic, i can second the experience at westin palace. i was upgraded to a suite w/ turkish bath as a platinum
Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wuhoo
while i have not stayed at the diana majestic, i can second the experience at westin palace. i was upgraded to a suite w/ turkish bath as a platinum
These junior suites are definitely a good upgrade. The hotel seems very good at dealing with Platinums and will not fob you off if you ask for an upgrade. Last time I was there, I booked cheapest room. When I got there, found I had been upgraded to some deluxe category. I asked them about suite availability, and they had housekeeping change a room from twin to kind for me.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both properties are good, but the Palace is a step above the Diana. I agree with most guidebooks, which put the Palace in category 5 (out of 5) and the Diana in category 4. Like all luxury hotels in Europe, breakfast is a complete rip-off, but both have a caffé nearby where you can get a capuccino and a cornetto for less than €2.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 4:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Neither of these properties have a club level lounge that serves complimentary breakfast to elite members in SPG.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:09 pm

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
I would go with the Diana. The Palace is quite "grand"..very gillded and the quieter choice. The location is in the financial area...a little lonely at night. A dreary walk to the center of the city. The Diana is a 5 or 10 minute walk away but in a more "real" neighbourhood and feels closer to everything. It is a smaller hotel with a trendy crowd. There is wifi in the rooms and a business center. The breakfast is a rip off at something like 40 euro for a buffet...but there is a little cafe next door. The front desk staff are freindly and always pleasent. The gym is not so great.....in the old days when the Pricipe was a starwood guests at the Palace could use the gym at the Principe...one of the best in Milan..I am not sure what they do now. The rooms are fine..request a garden view as it can be a little loud on the street side.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:12 pm

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
oh yeah....and stay away from the Four Points. It is in a not so nice area....especially at night!!!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC *E
Originally Posted by hillrider
Both properties are good, but the Palace is a step above the Diana. I agree with most guidebooks, which put the Palace in category 5 (out of 5) and the Diana in category 4. Like all luxury hotels in Europe, breakfast is a complete rip-off, but both have a caffé nearby where you can get a capuccino and a cornetto for less than €2.
We stayed at the Palace last year and were quite happy with it. The location is a bit boring but central. Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was terrific - one of the best we've had in our many *Wood stays around the world.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Westin Milan or Le Meridien

I will be in Milan in July and have cashed in points for a JR. Suite at the Westin. This suite sounds great and has its own steam room and looks very nice in the website picture.
The Meridan has recently come on line and for what ever reason the website is not very good with Hotel pictures or room photos.
Can anyone help with the following:
1) Is the Le Meridan location any better or worse than the Westin for tourist travel,shopping,and sightseeing
2) Is the overall Hotel expierience better than the Westin as for a sense of Luxury (room appointments,Lobby, Bar,restaurant, etc.)
3)Does this Le Meridan have a club floor or executive lounge and if so do they make it available to Golds?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 7:17 pm

The Le Meridien is further away from the city center shopping and sights. Neither hotels are close to center and you will need to take a taxi (unless you like long walks) or take the underground. Le Meridien is closer to the Central Train Station than the Westin if that matters.

Le Meridien is classier than the Westin but I think Westin will be more convenient of the two. There is no special floor or lounge at Le Meridien as far as I know.

The city will be hot and dead in July but it is the month of semi-annual citywide sales at all stores. So have fun shopping.

Tip: Taxi cabs in Milan know hotels by their unique name than by the franchise name. Ask for Hotel Gallia for the Le Meridien. Many won't recognize the latter.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by martinplas
I will be in Milan in July and have cashed in points for a JR. Suite at the Westin. This suite sounds great and has its own steam room and looks very nice in the website picture.
The Meridan has recently come on line and for what ever reason the website is not very good with Hotel pictures or room photos.
Can anyone help with the following:
1) Is the Le Meridan location any better or worse than the Westin for tourist travel,shopping,and sightseeing
2) Is the overall Hotel expierience better than the Westin as for a sense of Luxury (room appointments,Lobby, Bar,restaurant, etc.)
3)Does this Le Meridan have a club floor or executive lounge and if so do they make it available to Golds?
I've stayed in the room, and it is gorgeous. Was helpful to have the steam room for pressing my suit. Corner room, great shower, staff treated me quite we as a Platinum. I routinely stay at this hotel and have never been disappointed. Though I concur that Milan might not be my first choice for a true taste of Italy. On that note, the service I've gotten from the Westin Excelsiors in both Rome and Florence have been even BETTER than Milan.

Good luck - Jamie
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:53 pm

Let's throw Hotel Gallia Le Meridien into the mix since that is a new offering for Starwood. Anyone have a preference?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkRichmond
Let's throw Hotel Gallia Le Meridien into the mix since that is a new offering for Starwood. Anyone have a preference?
Very nice lobby- the meeting rooms on the top floor are interesting with all the glass and the balconies- the rooms have huge variability from amazing to terrible. I would stay in the Pirelli wing if I had a choice.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by yyzflyalot
oh yeah....and stay away from the Four Points. It is in a not so nice area....especially at night!!!
???

It is less than a 5 minute walk to Piazza Repubblica and the Westin. I have never had the slightest problem in walking through that area, day or night.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
???

It is less than a 5 minute walk to Piazza Repubblica and the Westin. I have never had the slightest problem in walking through that area, day or night.
It isnt the greatest area given the prostitutes and drug dealers- but the only problem you could face as a tourist is to have your wallet stolen- and this is not at all likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.