Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree with some people who have said the Jazz club is fun, but expensive drinks, but the thing that would stop me staying there again was not the smaller rooms, or the not-so-spotless bathroom, but the service. I have stayed in several hotels in France, so it is not that my expectations are unrealistic, the the service here was pretty poor. I guess it comes down to which staff members you engage with, but I just wasn't impressed.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be back at LM Etoile next month (May) so I appreciate all the recent updates. I will provide my own in due course.

There was a period when I was somewhat of a "regular" at this hotel, and I have not had a bad stay here. I will miss the President's Club breakfast lounge

What do they offer Plat as breakfast amenities these days? Anything at all?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
LM Etoile US$145 (Travelzoo) through August

Originally Posted by Reason077
Spotted a nice LM Etoile rate today from Travelzoo UK:

- Deluxe renovated (floors 4-5) €112
- Executive €152

http://uk.hotels.travelzoo.com/europ...um=email_top20
There is a very similar Travelzoo US promo that came out at the same time. It has slightly different blackout dates and is 4 Euros cheaper.

Direct link to Starwood for booking.

Le Meridien's flagship hotel in Paris -- Le Meridien Etoile -- is offering stays for only $139 (€102) per night. This is over 50% off regular rates at the 4-star property near the Champs Elysees, and it is the best price available for a Parisian hotel of this caliber.

The special also includes a free upgrade to an impressive Deluxe room, free access to Le Palais de Tokyo (a contemporary art gallery) and a 10% discount* at the famous Printemps department store.

Offer is valid for travel through August. Enjoy the beauty of Montmartre, the Champs Elysees and nearby parks, or just walk along the River Seine at the best time of the year.

Blackout Dates: April 14, 27-29; May 7-8, 24-27; June 4-5, 7, 10, 14-17, 21-24, 28-30; July 1; Aug. 23-26

Book by April 28: Click here to make an online booking with Le Méridien Etoile. Or call 011 33 1 40 55 67 89 and mention the promotional code TZOOUS. Note: When booking, the price will appear in euros, including taxes, at €108.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Wow. Great find! I was booked on C&P but I may just change over to a paid stay.

Assuming it's booked through Starwood directly, I'm still able to receive Plat bennies?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:29 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Braindrain
...Assuming it's booked through Starwood directly, I'm still able to receive Plat bennies?
Yes.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Prompt, as usual.

Thanks, William!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:52 pm

I'm glad I came across this thread, I'm planning a week stay in Paris for business and normally I'd stay in a Hyatt or Intercontinental but the prices are outrageous this time. The prices for this hotel during the same period is over half the price (normal rate) and even greater saving using the TZOO rate.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:29 am

I just tried to book this rate and was disappointed to find that it had sold out already. This is really a shame. Hope they have this promotion again soon otherwise I won't be staying at Le Meridien and the Hyatt will get my business.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by britinva79
I just tried to book this rate and was disappointed to find that it had sold out already. This is really a shame. Hope they have this promotion again soon otherwise I won't be staying at Le Meridien and the Hyatt will get my business.
"Book by April 28"

Want to go to San Francisco instead? Or Split?

There is another promo for some automatic savings for booking multiple nights.
Eternal Paris promo. Example:
Best price on 7/14/10 is EUR 189.
Best price on 7/15/10 is EUR 189.
Best price on 7/14 - 7/16 is EUR 151. (20% off for 2-night stay)
Best price on 7/14 - 7/17 is EUR 132. (30% off for 3-night stay)
Old May 23, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I stayed here last weekend for a brief trip of 3nights. I have no status with SPG, but got two rooms allocated on floor 6 (which seems the be Executive?). I liked the bedrooms and Thomas shows exactly what you get. I booked with the 3rd night free offer (3n for EUR401). The bed was firm but offered a good night's sleep. Bathroom had the walk in shower, although the other room had a tub. Unfortunately, some bad design here as the floor almost certainly will get wet from the shower!

For check-in, only the Gold/Plat aisle was open; spoke to an English woman who had worked here for about 7-8months and was a good experience - as mentioned above the service must vary but I was happy.

As I checked out I spotted that going to the Jazz club and getting a drink would earn 3000 starpoints (damn it!). I was a bit disappointed that the shoe shine service was not complimentary. I asked the concierge about a restaurant booking and they attended to it straight away; good service there. The porter could not find our bags however.

Can't stress enough the convenience of Les Cars AirFrance - the stop is across the road (EUR15 to CDG). Location for various other bits is not perfect, but you get an RER and metro v close - so easily accessible if not on your doorstep - it's not a problem.

Overall a good experience and a nice smart hotel.
Old May 29, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
This is a large convention hotel which clearly could not care less about starwwod or status or customer service! Their attention to platinums is pathetic as is their "service" in general.

Waited in line for 30 minutes b/c only one line open at 6 pm! When i asked why was told people were on break (excellent management to have 3 people on break at very busy time). Room was a joke with barely enough room to walk arrant the bed.
Internet didn't work so front desk told ME to call their provider After 30 minutes on phone with them I called and finally was put through to a hotel manager, who came to my room and sat on the bed while HE stayed on the phone with the company for almost another hour. My statement that I did not expect to be a part of this and that I would like him to arrange this somewhere other than my room (like in his office) didn't seem to register

Oh and to get an adapter I was told to go down to the concierge desk IN PERSON and pay a 20e deposit in cash! When I pointed out that they had my cc and this was absurd (sign a voucher okay, send to room normal but no go) esp for their best customers it didn't seem to register.

All in all a VERY unhappy experience and a hotel that I will NEVER visit again.
Old May 29, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
lm montparnasse

hi,

cant remember which one i always stay in paris.
the LM i stood very often in, is next to a train station.

is that the montparnasse LM? this one always treated me very well. and the platinum upgrade always got better. (80qm suite last time)
before that i had a two room suite.

i once stood at one awaful LM in paris. i think its the etoile, so everybody hating the etoile just book the other one.

dp
Old May 29, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
YES, LM Montparnase

Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi,

cant remember which one i always stay in paris.
the LM i stood very often in, is next to a train station.

is that the montparnasse LM? this one always treated me very well. and the platinum upgrade always got better. (80qm suite last time)
before that i had a two room suite.

i once stood at one awaful LM in paris. i think its the etoile, so everybody hating the etoile just book the other one.

dp
Yes, the LM that has upgrades to suites is LM Montparnasse, which is near the Montparnasse train station. I've been in tiny rooms at LM Etoile, with separate water closet that is really a closet and tiny bathroom.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by estnet
This is a large convention hotel which clearly could not care less about starwwod or status or customer service! Their attention to platinums is pathetic as is their "service" in general.

Waited in line for 30 minutes b/c only one line open at 6 pm! When i asked why was told people were on break (excellent management to have 3 people on break at very busy time). Room was a joke with barely enough room to walk arrant the bed.
Internet didn't work so front desk told ME to call their provider After 30 minutes on phone with them I called and finally was put through to a hotel manager, who came to my room and sat on the bed while HE stayed on the phone with the company for almost another hour. My statement that I did not expect to be a part of this and that I would like him to arrange this somewhere other than my room (like in his office) didn't seem to register

Oh and to get an adapter I was told to go down to the concierge desk IN PERSON and pay a 20e deposit in cash! When I pointed out that they had my cc and this was absurd (sign a voucher okay, send to room normal but no go) esp for their best customers it didn't seem to register.

All in all a VERY unhappy experience and a hotel that I will NEVER visit again.
Too bad for your bad experience, and sorry to hear about it.

I, on the other hand found Le Meridien Etoile to be a perfectly adequate business hotel (and yes, perhaps one can call it a convention hotel since it touts itself to be the largest hotel in Paris), which is conveniently located and with nice (albeit small) rooms.

I stayed there regularly, most recently 5/13 to 5/16 and 5/19 to 5/21/10, and have always been treated well as a Platinum. Check-in was never more than 5 to 7 minutes for me. The concierge desk was helpful in lots of things, including stamping my parking ticket in order for me to obtain the 20% discount for the overnight parking.

It's worth noting that even though it's a member of the Starwood family, Le Meridien is a FRENCH chain, so its idea of "services" may be different than those of American chains. If you want American style service in Paris, go to the Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, or even Sheraton.

Not sure what you expect from a business hotel, but in France, they DO offer ultimate luxury with service to match at the Meurice, Plaza-Athenee, George V, to name a few hotels, but at costs substantially higher than what you would pay at Le Meridien Etoile.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Ummm, I've been to Paris a number of times at a variety of hotels so I am certainly no novice to french hotels. I wasn't at all expecting "American" (whatever that is) style service.

I've stayed at Le Meridiens all over the world and have NEVER had service that was close to this bad, nor have I had such bad service at 2 star hotels in Paris that are 1/3 the cost of this one.

I'm glad your experience was better but that in no way negates the experience I had, nor the level of incompetence I experienced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.