Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, AS MVP Gold. Happily ex-1K, ex-Exec Plat, ex-DL Diamond for 5 years each
Does anybody have the e-mail address for a manager at this hotel? I'm staying there in mid-Feb., but given the variability in reviews I want to get in touch with the staff before arrival so I don't have any unpleasant surprises.

Starwood Lurker (I/II/III), perhaps you have this info?

Otherwise, thinking of switching to the Westin -- but it's a net 44k more starpooints for my 5 nights (can use the 25% off certificate at the Meridien).

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:01 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ldpeters
...Starwood Lurker (I/II/III), perhaps you have this info?...
This would be the only email address that we could offer you:

[email protected]

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Staying here now . I gave them a chance as a new platinum and I will not return ever again - a few points:

1. ABSOLUTELY no platinum recognition. Didn't even get offered an amenity/points and had to push for it. Have doubts it will post, but we'll see.
2. No upgrade of any sort, type or style offered or acknowledged as reasonable when requested. Second floor, unrenovated room. Querying this did get me a bottle of water!
3. No lounge (just in case anyone wasn't clear there wasn't a lounge, though not a complaint on my part as I figured as much).
4. Free internet for plats is defined here as one computer only, and they have no idea how to handle wifi. When I asked to hook up my IPAD they told me to log on with my laptop (wired) first. I did this, which yielded a code that did not work on the IPAD. After a call to the desk, they then told me to go to the concierge for a card. He in turn informed me that since I had logged on with a laptop (which I had ONLY done to use the IPAD) that I would have to pay for the IPAD! 40 minutes and 3 phone calls (line always busy) this was not fixed and I gave up.
5. Wake up call - not delivered. At all. Was awake so didn't sleep through it. To my mind this is the most significant sin any hotel can commit. I'm a paranoid guy so I set my watch alarm, but for God's sake it's a business hotel. If you can't handle a wakeup call then you have a serious service problem.

Room is fine for me - here on business, and I have work access for the internet at my meetings so it isn't a big deal. That said I am extremely disappointed by the attitude and service here and will go back to my usual small hotels in Paris where they care that I have dropped a couple of hundred euros. SPG has completely failed to impress me here, as the room was more expensive than my usual hotel and delivered far less with more attitute. Categorically inferior to all other meridiens worldwide (including Europe) I have stayed in.

FYI, don't expect language to help you hear as I checked in as a francophone and got worse attitude than the anglophone checking in next to me.

To be fair the only benefit that was delivered without a hassle was the late checkout at 2pm. At least that went without a hitch.

Good luck.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I hear lots of stories about Quebecois francophones getting treated worse in Paris than anglos. I honestly think it's better to check in with English.

As for me, an Anglo with learnt French, they were a little more appreciative of me speaking in French (IMO) than just straight English.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by YULforever
Staying here now . I gave them a chance as a new platinum and I will not return ever again - a few points:

1. ABSOLUTELY no platinum recognition. Didn't even get offered an amenity/points and had to push for it. Have doubts it will post, but we'll see.
2. No upgrade of any sort, type or style offered or acknowledged as reasonable when requested. Second floor, unrenovated room. Querying this did get me a bottle of water!
3. No lounge (just in case anyone wasn't clear there wasn't a lounge, though not a complaint on my part as I figured as much).
4. Free internet for plats is defined here as one computer only, and they have no idea how to handle wifi. When I asked to hook up my IPAD they told me to log on with my laptop (wired) first. I did this, which yielded a code that did not work on the IPAD. After a call to the desk, they then told me to go to the concierge for a card. He in turn informed me that since I had logged on with a laptop (which I had ONLY done to use the IPAD) that I would have to pay for the IPAD! 40 minutes and 3 phone calls (line always busy) this was not fixed and I gave up.
5. Wake up call - not delivered. At all. Was awake so didn't sleep through it. To my mind this is the most significant sin any hotel can commit. I'm a paranoid guy so I set my watch alarm, but for God's sake it's a business hotel. If you can't handle a wakeup call then you have a serious service problem.

Room is fine for me - here on business, and I have work access for the internet at my meetings so it isn't a big deal. That said I am extremely disappointed by the attitude and service here and will go back to my usual small hotels in Paris where they care that I have dropped a couple of hundred euros. SPG has completely failed to impress me here, as the room was more expensive than my usual hotel and delivered far less with more attitute. Categorically inferior to all other meridiens worldwide (including Europe) I have stayed in.

FYI, don't expect language to help you hear as I checked in as a francophone and got worse attitude than the anglophone checking in next to me.

To be fair the only benefit that was delivered without a hassle was the late checkout at 2pm. At least that went without a hitch.

Good luck.

Hmmm, must be your Quebecois accent

I stay regularly, in fact I will be there this weekend into next week, and while it is not the best Starwood property that I have stayed in the world, my experience is completely opposite of yours.

Je parle Francais aussi
Old Feb 1, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
You are luckier than I am then and I certainly don't begrudge you, but I'm not about to pay them for the opportunity to give them another chance. I did try and avoid "b'en" or any version of "chali**" on check in....

Honestly though, I usually find myself much more welcome here as a quebecois francophone than an anglophone (though often get the :your accent is so cute: comment).
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by YULforever
4. Free internet for plats is defined here as one computer only, and they have no idea how to handle wifi.
That is true of every Starwood in EMEA that I know of. Maybe it is different in North America?

I speak French pretty well but with an American accent and I am treated well enough at this hotel and all the others in Paris. They appreciate that I made the effort. I'll be at this hotel in a few days on the previously mentioned Travelzoo rate and we'll see what happens.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
That is true of every Starwood in EMEA that I know of. Maybe it is different in North America?

I speak French pretty well but with an American accent and I am treated well enough at this hotel and all the others in Paris. They appreciate that I made the effort. I'll be at this hotel in a few days on the previously mentioned Travelzoo rate and we'll see what happens.
With this Travelzoo rate, will you be getting your Platinum benefits as well as the points and the stay credit?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
With this Travelzoo rate, will you be getting your Platinum benefits as well as the points and the stay credit?
He should. Travelzoo re-directs to Starwood's proprietary web sites, after all.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:07 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, AS MVP Gold. Happily ex-1K, ex-Exec Plat, ex-DL Diamond for 5 years each
It is *very* different in North America. I usually get my laptop, blackberry, and iPhone set up on the wifi when I check in.

If I get charged for this in Paris, I will first complain at the desk on check out and then take it up with American Express. There is no mention of this "limitation" in any of SPG's printed materials.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
He should. Travelzoo re-directs to Starwood's proprietary web sites, after all.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks Williams.

So to be clear, if I book this Travelzoo rate (I will be redirected to SPG's website), then I will get my Platinum benefits as well as points and stay credit?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
So to be clear, if I book this Travelzoo rate (I will be redirected to SPG's website), then I will get my Platinum benefits as well as points and stay credit?
Yes, this was all discussed in this thread about a week ago, but for some reason the moderators removed it.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Yes, this was all discussed in this thread about a week ago, but for some reason the moderators removed it.
It was split off to its own thread. I would recommend that discussion specific to this temporary promo continue there...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-5-2011-a.html
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:32 am

...So to be clear, if I book this Travelzoo rate (I will be redirected to SPG's website), then I will get my Platinum benefits as well as points and stay credit?
I'm struggling with how much clearer I can make this a "yes".

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm struggling with how much clearer I can make this a "yes".

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
OK sorry William! I'm slow this week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.