Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
i'm checking into this hotel tomorrow - will provide details of my stay
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
checked into the Le Meridien Etoile.. as a platinum member, they provided me w/ the following benefits:

-upgraded me to a Junior Suite (it was rather small, the living room was way bigger than the bedroom) The bathroom was super tiny.

-4pm late checkout granted

-Given 2 breakfast vouchers (i booked a breakfast stay) worth 29euros each

-Platinum amenity choices - 500pts, 2 museum tickets, 2 show tickets, bottle of wine... i chose the points, because i was only here for 1 night and there was no time for shows or museums.. (dont know which show or museums were offered)

-free wired high speed internet in-room AND free wireless internet (connect to wifi Le Meridien Etoile G hotspot)

-free HUGE bottle of Evian water in the room

Overall, this is one of the best values in all of Paris within the SPG program.. i paid travel zoo rate of 120euros. i definitely got more than I bargained for.... the breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious!!

Ease of getting to the hotel via RER/metro - SUPER EASY, about 9.10euros for a ticket from the CDG airport using RER B train to Chatelet Les Halles station. Free transfer to the metro line 1- Transfer at Chatelet Les Halles to Metro Line 1 (direction of La Defense), get off at Porte Maillot ... be sure to follow the signs to Paisis des Congres exit (sortie in french) and the Le Meridien is right across the street.

I am taking the Air France coach (bus) back to the airport since I am lazy to lug my luggage around the metro since there is a lack of escalators/elevators in the Paris metro system

I am staying here again in May and will report back again!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Thanks for the detailed report, jammanxc

Originally Posted by jammanxc
-upgraded me to a Junior Suite (it was rather small, the living room was way bigger than the bedroom) The bathroom was super tiny.

-4pm late checkout granted
Wow, the regular rooms must be really tiny. Nice that you got the Jr suite. I wonder if they might grant a 4pm checkout for a lowly Gold in a Travelzoo exec room rate?

-Given 2 breakfast vouchers (i booked a breakfast stay) worth 29euros each
29 euros for breakfast! (My expense report would choke on that, I'm sure.)

I didn't think the Travelzoo rate included breakfast.

Overall, this is one of the best values in all of Paris within the SPG program.. i paid travel zoo rate of 120euros. i definitely got more than I bargained for.... the breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious!!

Ease of getting to the hotel via RER/metro - SUPER EASY, about 9.10euros for a ticket from the CDG airport using RER B train to Chatelet Les Halles station. Free transfer to the metro line 1- Transfer at Chatelet Les Halles to Metro Line 1 (direction of La Defense), get off at Porte Maillot ... be sure to follow the signs to Paisis des Congres exit (sortie in french) and the Le Meridien is right across the street.

I am taking the Air France coach (bus) back to the airport since I am lazy to lug my luggage around the metro since there is a lack of escalators/elevators in the Paris metro system
Was the luggage and lack of escalators/elevators a problem getting from CDG to the hotel? Or was it easier going one way, for some reason?

Last edited by anabolism; Feb 13, 2012 at 12:26 am
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
Was the luggage and lack of escalators/elevators a problem getting from CDG to the hotel? Or was it easier going one way, for some reason?
That metro stop (Porte Maillot) has stairs to negotiate to get to the street to the hotel. If your luggage is heavy, it's a pain. The choice is whether you want to save the money that the Air France bus would cost and negotiate the stairs.

As has been reported here many times, the Air France bus literally deposits travelers door-to-door, non-stop, from CDG to LME. It is worth the approx. 24 Euros it costs for a round trip ticket, IMHO.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by signothetimes53
That metro stop (Porte Maillot) has stairs to negotiate to get to the street to the hotel. If your luggage is heavy, it's a pain. The choice is whether you want to save the money that the Air France bus would cost and negotiate the stairs.
Also as has been discussed, it depends on the traffic. I flew in to CDG this morning and from the sky I could see all the roads were jam packed with nothing moving. So I took the metro and lugged my bags rather than spending 2 hours on the bus.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Also as has been discussed, it depends on the traffic. I flew in to CDG this morning and from the sky I could see all the roads were jam packed with nothing moving. So I took the metro and lugged my bags rather than spending 2 hours on the bus.
I've never sat in CDG-Paris rush hour traffic quite that bad, but your point is very well taken!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Currently available at 139 Euros at

www.beatthetimer.com/
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Have been here going on 3weeks now (my contract work here keeps getting extended), and is my 4th or 5th time staying here. I usually stay here, or one of the Holiday Inns down in middle of Paris (NotreDame).

This is a perfectly fine property, they treat Platinums quite well, and is a bargain at the rates online right now. Breakfast is insanely expensive, but every restaurant option in the hotel is, to be frank.
As stated elsewhere, you can bounce across the street to Galeries Gourmand and get days worth of food for about what a small luncheon would cost here.
Also some rather good arabic/moroccan places near by.

AirFrance bus stops at the hotel, and the Etiole metro is extremely convenient.
It's a bit out of the heart of town, although the metro and LeBus make up for that in large part if you can live without seeing a landmark from your hotel window.

Rooms are small, but not that small for Paris, and nicely enough appointed, and the bed is extremely comfourtable. All in all, is a pretty good place, esp when you consider the other Starwoods here are either inSANEly priced or out by the airport.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:53 pm

it probably wouldve taken 1 hour... it took 30 minutes from Porte Maillot to CDG on the air france bus today... yes i saw the traffic on the opposite side.. it was crowded but it wasnt at a standstill
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it probably wouldve taken 1 hour... it took 30 minutes from Porte Maillot to CDG on the air france bus today... yes i saw the traffic on the opposite side.. it was crowded but it wasnt at a standstill
At 9am it takes an hour into the city on the best of days. But today with the thick fog I'm sure it would have taken much longer. And the metro is less than 30 minutes. One time on the bus it took over 2 hours to get into the city at mid-day due to an accident.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
At 9am it takes an hour into the city on the best of days.
What about 5:30-6 PM? I tend to get nauseous on buses, but I also hate lugging my bags up stairs. Maybe a train from CDG to wherever it goes, then a taxi to Le Méridien Etoile?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
What about 5:30-6 PM? I tend to get nauseous on buses, but I also hate lugging my bags up stairs. Maybe a train from CDG to wherever it goes, then a taxi to Le Méridien Etoile?
I can't recall for sure, but I think there is an escalator option at Port Maillot if you come up across the street in the mall. And there are also escalator options at Chatelet where you change to line 1.

Sorry, but a taxi isn't really an option from Chatelet and from Gare du Nord you will have to wait a while for a taxi in most cases.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:55 pm

I can't recall for sure, but I think there is an escalator option at Port Maillot if you come up across the street in the mall. And there are also escalator options at Chatelet where you change to line 1.

Sorry, but a taxi isn't really an option from Chatelet and from Gare du Nord you will have to wait a while for a taxi in most cases.
when you get off at Porte Maillot, just look for the exit (sortie) that says Palais des Congres exit and you will exit across the street from the hotel
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I agree that the LM is usually the better choice. But to be clear the rooms and service are about the same at both properties. The Westin is a bit better on the rooms even. The problem is that for the price paid at the Westin, you expect much, much better rooms and service.
I stayed at the Westin before it was reflagged as a Westin. You're paying for the location, not the rooms or service. Compared to its neighbors, that Westin is reasonably priced.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I'll be staying at this hotel next week with my family. We have two executive rooms booked. An all-points stay. Looking forward to it.

I will definitely try Galeries Gourmand and Paul to buy foods!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.