FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:37 pm
KevinS

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Have been here going on 3weeks now (my contract work here keeps getting extended), and is my 4th or 5th time staying here. I usually stay here, or one of the Holiday Inns down in middle of Paris (NotreDame).

This is a perfectly fine property, they treat Platinums quite well, and is a bargain at the rates online right now. Breakfast is insanely expensive, but every restaurant option in the hotel is, to be frank.
As stated elsewhere, you can bounce across the street to Galeries Gourmand and get days worth of food for about what a small luncheon would cost here.
Also some rather good arabic/moroccan places near by.

AirFrance bus stops at the hotel, and the Etiole metro is extremely convenient.
It's a bit out of the heart of town, although the metro and LeBus make up for that in large part if you can live without seeing a landmark from your hotel window.

Rooms are small, but not that small for Paris, and nicely enough appointed, and the bed is extremely comfourtable. All in all, is a pretty good place, esp when you consider the other Starwoods here are either inSANEly priced or out by the airport.