Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by estnet
I'm glad your experience was better but that in no way negates the experience I had, nor the level of incompetence I experienced.
Conversely, I'm sorry that your stay was not so good, but that in no way negates the positive experience I had, nor the excellent service that I received from Le Meridien Etoile.

I will say that the service that I experienced at this hotel is not even in the top 5 of Starwood properties that I have stayed at around the world, but it is substantially better than your experience.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:22 pm

Internet in the Business Center

Are Gold members allowed to use the free internet in the business center or is it only for Platinum and higher? Also do you need a password for it?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Just checked into this hotel. While I was given an upgrade to a suite and I appreciate the extra space given how small the rooms are, this hotel is in severe need of renovations on all floors.

I am in a suite that has not been renovated. Filthy, nasty upholstery on chairs and sofa, cracked plaster, beat up furniture. No attention to detail from housekeeping. Really bad.

I haven't stayed at at Starwood property this run down in many years -- it really does the brand a disservice. I can't believe Starwood hasn't required renovations!

Avoid this hotel until renovations complete.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Any recent stays here? I am deciding between this and the Radisson Blu (where work prefers me to stay) for a trip in mid-September.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:26 pm
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
When are renovations expected to be complete at this hotel? With it being so large, I assume this is a lengthy process.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Expedia recently said,
The hotel will be renovating from 14 June 2010 to 31 August 2010. The following areas are affected:
* Select guestrooms
Are the scheduled renovations now complete?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:29 am
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by sc flier
Expedia recently said,
The hotel will be renovating from 14 June 2010 to 31 August 2010. The following areas are affected:
* Select guestrooms
Are the scheduled renovations now complete?
While small, the Executive rooms look really nice, and I that's what we'll book. Those classic rooms look like they could desparately use a refresh, but from reading the Le Meridien website, I don't think they were scheduled for this.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Those executive rooms are really, really small.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Those executive rooms are really, really small.
It's the typical size for hotel rooms in Paris.

I will be there next week, and hope to get an upgrade to an Executive Room.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by sapguy
Sure, but that doesn't mean they're not small.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by sapguy
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Sure, but that doesn't mean they're not small.
They sure are small.Pay for a larger room is my strong suggestion
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:47 am

Does this hotel look after elite members?

If so how?

I have not stayed at this hotel in a fair years but my company want me to use it again so looking for a heads up.

Cheers
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by redsox1918

If so how?

I have not stayed at this hotel in a fair years but my company want me to use it again so looking for a heads up.

Cheers
I can't say I'm overwhelmed by this hotel's ability to take care of Platinum members.

My 2 experiences there are a mixed bag: 3 years ago, I arrived at 7AM, and they let me check in immediately to the Club level floor, and though my room was very VERY small (even by Parisian standards), it was a huge plus to get a chance to take a snooze after the all-night flight, and get a shower, before heading out to see the city.

2 years ago, I paid a lot extra in points for a senior suite, and at 3PM, the senior suite was still occupied, and no other suites were available. We were asked to wait until 5PM to check in...and when we went to check in, the guy in our suite still was occupying it, and they wouldn't kick him out. So they downsized our suite to a junior suite, which was NOT what I paid for. The manager was not at all sympathetic, and we were stuck. I called Starwood back in the states and complained, and they got some action on my behalf. Finally, at 8PM, our original suite was ready, and we were moved into it...but it would not have happened if SPG stateside hadn't intervened on my behalf.

I'm returning to Le Meridien Etoile again in late February '11, and my basic reason for returning is simply that I like the location a lot, it's very practical with the Air France bus stopping right in front of the hotel, and there's a supermarche directly across the street that allows me to buy things like soda or munchies without paying exorbitant prices...and the #1 line on the Metro is also directly across the street. Super convenient, even if the hotel has no romance whatsoever, it is a practical "business" hotel.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by redsox1918

If so how?

Cheers
I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the years and have only been in executive rooms that are small.

My company also has a corporate rate at this hotel. But the Hilton ADT with Corporate Benefits rate is only 20 euros more and much nicer. So I think I'll be avoiding this hotel for the foreseeable future.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:24 pm

As usual, YMMV, but as Le Meridien Etoile has really taken good care of me, and here are a few examples:
  1. I was able to check-in early, at around 8:15AM or so, in order to shower and change after my TALT flight to get ready for my business meeting.
  2. They were able to accommodate me (albeit at a higher rate) during a time where the ENTIRE Paris region was sold out! Talking about coming through in the clutch!
  3. They always presented me with a nice bottle of wine (I chose that as my Plat amenity instead of the usual 500 points) and a constant refresh of Evian water.

Also, all the rooms that I received have been recently renovated, although I have not yet received suite upgrade at this hotel.

Like others have said, the location of this hotel cannot be beat, for its convenience and proximity to everything that you would need to have a nice stay in Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.