Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I am looking to stay at this hotel in mid-March as a Plat. Right now the classic rooms are significantly cheaper than the executive rooms. Do I have a shot at an upgrade here?

The point of the trip is to take my wife to Paris (she's never been) and I thought about staying somewhere closer to the river and Notre Dame but it sounds as though this hotel is a short Metro stop away from all the action.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Doubtful you'll get any significant upgrade.

I've been there twice, I'm Plat, and the best I got was without paying extra for it was a tiny room on the Club level.

I'm going back at the end of next month.

One caution for you: this hotel is not "romantic" in any way, but it is very practical. It caters to business customers, as there is a convention center across the street. So if your wife wants Parisian romance in her choice of hotel, find a different place to stay. OTOH, it is mighty convenient with the Air France bus from CDG stopping right in front of the hotel, and with the supermarket right across the street offering food/beverage at reasonable prices vs. the hotel's extortion prices. And yes, the Metro is right there, too, and the Arche d'Triomphe is a quick 10 minute walk. Very practical hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by onfillmore
They sure are small.Pay for a larger room is my strong suggestion
If you ever bothered to book here, you'll notice that anything higher than an Executive Room can rarely be booked online. Rarely because it's never come up for me but I'm sure somebody will say it's shown up for them. And, that then limits you to the same tiny 24-25 sq m as the regular rooms.

My advice to you is to actually stay in the property before giving useless advice.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Braindrain
If you ever bothered to book here, you'll notice that anything higher than an Executive Room can rarely be booked online. Rarely because it's never come up for me but I'm sure somebody will say it's shown up for them. And, that then limits you to the same tiny 24-25 sq m as the regular rooms.

My advice to you is to actually stay in the property before giving useless advice.
I just happened to be looking at this hotel this afternoon for reservations later this summer, and I was also trying to find suites. Found that when I specified 4 adults per room, 3 suite types come up - Junior Suites, Senior Suites, and Executive Suites.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:00 pm

But, I'm assuming the pricing is for 4 adults as well (as that's the norm for European hotels). While I'm not adverse to spending more, I'm not going to flush it down the toilet.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Thumbs down You will definitely not get the Paris feeling at this hotel!

I stayed there less than 3 months ago, for the 2nd time, after I read about the renovation. I was not impressed by the changes.
I got a Plat upgrade to a suite, but the suite was like a room and another small room attached to it (2 bathrooms, 2 toilets), but I had to insist to get that suite upgrade.
It is not an uplifting hotel at all. I don't think that I will staying there again.
Paris has many Metro stations and there is a great chance that any hotel will have one at a walking distance.
Not recommended to go with your wife.

Originally Posted by Hartmann
I am looking to stay at this hotel in mid-March as a Plat. Right now the classic rooms are significantly cheaper than the executive rooms. Do I have a shot at an upgrade here?

The point of the trip is to take my wife to Paris (she's never been) and I thought about staying somewhere closer to the river and Notre Dame but it sounds as though this hotel is a short Metro stop away from all the action.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Smile

I am currently staying at the Hotel...bonjour!
This is my 14th stay here and when I finish it will be my 59th night.
You certainly get to know what the better rooms are and if you book via a friendly Hotel contact ...they will look after you.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:28 pm

Pourriez-vous me dire qui c'est?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Pourriez-vous me dire qui c'est?
Pouvez-vous me dire si vous prenez toujours l'oeuf sur votre visage ?

Its late and I need my beauty sleep
Tomorrow is another day...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:20 pm

Pas vraiment, mais je pourrais vous faire parvenir un oeuf ou d'autres produits naturels, si vous voulez.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UASPG
I stayed there less than 3 months ago, for the 2nd time, after I read about the renovation. I was not impressed by the changes.
I got a Plat upgrade to a suite, but the suite was like a room and another small room attached to it (2 bathrooms, 2 toilets), but I had to insist to get that suite upgrade.
It is not an uplifting hotel at all. I don't think that I will staying there again.
Paris has many Metro stations and there is a great chance that any hotel will have one at a walking distance.
Agreed 100%. I have stayed here for work because it is convenient.
"Soul destroying" would not be an inappropriate comment for this hotel in reference to a romantic vacation.
Pick another option- I personally like to stay on the left bank when I am not working- however if you decide to blow some serious money for a romantic getaway- the Four Seasons in Paris is probably the best city hotel in the world....(and it prices that way also).
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
"Soul destroying" would not be an inappropriate comment for this hotel in reference to a romantic vacation.
This made me bust out laughing.

But it's true, if you're there for romance, one look out your room window across the street to the ugly business conference center roof will eliminate even the most hopelessly romantic thought you might have.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Recommendations

Hotels that I have been to and that I can recommend:

- Pavillon de la Reine - Place des Vosges (Le Marais, 3rd district)

- InterContinental - Avenue Marceau (Champs Elysees, 8th district)
If you choose this one, get a $150 Ambassador card, to be upgraded and to receive a free weekend night certificate.

- The Westin - Rue de Castiglione (near Place Vendome, 1st district)

.... but there are many other very nice small hotels.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
H.... but there are many other very nice small hotels.
Hundreds of them in fact! Visit the France forum to see a good many threads on this subject. I know that people who focus on Starwood are only looking to Starwood for their stays. But Starwood is pretty light these days in France. They have lost several key properties. So your choice is luxury, business or airport when it comes to Starwood Paris.

I should mention that all the other chains are pretty light too, except IHG and Accor which have many, many properties in Paris and the rest of France. Hilton isn't bad though.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agreed 100%. I have stayed here for work because it is convenient.
Pick another option- I personally like to stay on the left bank when I am not working- however if you decide to blow some serious money for a romantic getaway- the Four Seasons in Paris is probably the best city hotel in the world....(and it prices that way also).
Thanks for the input. ^ I'm definitely interested in a stay credit but would also like something accessible and somewhat nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.