Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by cur
how much for a taxi from the airport? we plan on doing the "walk outside, take the overpass, then go to that taxi lineup on the highway that doesn't rip you off as badly" or the "go to departures level and jump in a cab dropping off where they won't rip you off as badly" methods.
Should be about MXN 100. Highly recommend Tacón de Marlin across the overpass before catching your taxi.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:35 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by lbbzman
Should be about MXN 100. Highly recommend Tacón de Marlin across the overpass before catching your taxi.

Cheers,
LBBZman
ha we actually did tacon de marlin right after, i thought it was ok (i preferred the greasier burrito stands across the road from the sheraton) but bae loved it. and honestly there was nothing wrong with what they had.

we haggled a taxi for 120 across the bridge. had to wait and rally a few rides however, but we traveled light. the flat/going rate for taxis from the sheraton to the airport is 140 (sign says so...i know it's just a sign but, meh.)

had an awesome stay here for 3 nights. as a gold they upgraded us to club floor. room very clean, kempt, and spacious. grounds in very good shape. the room had open concept bathroom but still private, shower room, toilet room, and open sink. room had windows that open wide. ac doesn't go below 20.5c but it's still comfortable. the beach is meh but the hotel does a good job keeping up the shape of their portion of the beach. club lounge had happy hour of wine only, one hot option (varying from very good chikin wings to very mediocre penne), and some cold sides like beet salad and sushi that was edible with enough soy and wasabi. attendants very professional and attentive. breakfast is very meh, usual 4 hot options: overcooked scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, some veg dish. no fruit plates but they had yogurt and fruit cups, or a yogurt parfait that sufficed. i'm into light breakfasts so all i normally eat is a parfait and some fruit. coffee machine coffee meh but, again, meh i cannot be upset when in mexico. especially with free breakfast that i am not owed

pool was awesome (heated), waiters friendly and offered great service, 1600-1700hrs they have 2 for 1 coronas. frozen drinks were very meh. no tvs near the bar for sunday football but meh. they had an iguana in the center island of the pool and that was fun to have stare-downs with.

the el embarkado (sp) bar makes AMAZING cocktails. in lieu of our 250 spg points we got 2 welcome drinks from here. and wow. i am a man of the margarita and this was top 3. the pool side food was very meh but we were too lazy to put on clothes and walk 400 meters for street tacos. but we got many rounds of drinks and 2 different plates over 3 days for like $50usd. so that was nice. i do recommend. this place close to downtown and near real mexico. the westin seems to be further north and by the giant mall that is marina. if you like going out and experiencing things at night then sheraton for you. it looks worn out in the photos but it really is not. will come back if in pvr ever again.

i must say all levels of staff here were 10/10.
jpmackl likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Any updates on the last year, especially since the change to Starriott/soon-to-be Bonvoy? Plat Premier traveling with 2 kids. Curious to see if anything has changed with regards to the above.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Any updates on the last year, especially since the change to Starriott/soon-to-be Bonvoy? Plat Premier traveling with 2 kids. Curious to see if anything has changed with regards to the above.
I don’t have an update but just a heads up. When we were there in March 2017, they did not allow kids under 12 into the club lounge. We were all able to eat (alternative and complimentary) breakfast in the main restaurant on the ground floor though.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Duplicate post.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Gay Couple Refused Wedding @ Sheraton PVR

I am really surprised this issue has not come up before at this popular destination resort. Curious since gay marriage is legal in the state of Jalisco where Puerto Vallarta is located.

That said....the article sounds like they just got involved with a low level ( perhaps homophobic) employee.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/12/...erto-vallarta/
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I think this is better suited to be part of the property thread instead of a new thread. It's property specific and not chain specific.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Hilton in Vallarta has stepped up and offered the couple a free wedding including 45 guests.

As have other venues....

I live in Vallarta, and the Sheraton is really being bashed for this decision.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:38 am

Marriott Response:

Jeff Flaherty, a Marriott spokesperson with their Global Communications & Public Affairs office, provided the following statement.

“We are troubled and greatly concerned about the experience reported by Mr. Rimer. Marriott has long been committed to providing an environment where all are welcome including our LGBTQ guests and their loved ones. We have contacted Mr. Rimer and expressed our sincerest apologies for his experience. In addition, we are looking further into the matter to better understand what happened and do what we can to prevent hurtful experiences like this from happening again.”
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb

I live in Vallarta, and the Sheraton is really being bashed for this decision.
As well they should...as annual visitors to PV, I always love the "live and let live" vibe. I am truly shocked by the Sheraton's response.
comfortablynumb likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
We (gay couple, never had an issue there before and I hope this wedding refusal is an anomaly; been three times before with no issue) have an award coming up here, first since the merger. I had a bunch of suite night awards that expired Dec 31 and I tried to apply those to our 5-night award before then and was told NOPE. O RLY? We got way spoiled by those huge top-floor terrace suites with the outdoor spa and sun deck!

The other day I called to add my partner's name to the res as he'll arrive a lot earlier than I will. Super-nice lady said can't do that without cancelling and redoing the whole thing. Aroo? This was never a problem in SPG days but OK, fine, can we see about an upgraded room for more points while we do that? Oh, computer says no. BUT she said hit the booking two days before and I should be able to apply SNAs then which didn't make much sense. Is this true/possible?

We've got probably the worst room in the place on the ground floor at present.

Last edited by born sleepy; Jan 21, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by born sleepy
The other day I called to add my partner's name to the res as he'll arrive a lot earlier than I will. Super-nice lady said can't do that without cancelling and redoing the whole thing.
Assuming you initially booked for two guests, that is definitely wrong.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Assuming you initially booked for two guests, that is definitely wrong.
I did not, and that was my fault. But I had booked previously for one, then added him later without issue under SPG, so this is something that changed. Not a big deal.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Considering a long weekend in Puerto Vallarta with the wife. Thinking of either here or the Marriott...any thoughts?
I'm lifetime titanium and was wondering if there are any upgrades/benefits since the Bonvoy acquisition? Is there still club lounge access?
Old Jun 19, 2021, 11:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any recent stays at a Plat+?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.