Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Any recent stays at a Plat+?
You’ll get an upgrade to a club level room (high floor, no terrace) and lounge access (basic breakfast - fruit, some pre-made omelettes, bacon, mass produced breads, coffee from a machine that uses instant coffee and powdered milk). Evening lounge offering is wine (red, white, sparkling), crudités, salsa and guacamole, three rotating hot dishes and small dessert plates. It’s sufficient for a meal, but given how much great local food there is then it makes it hard to justify a lounge meal. The lounge is closed outside of breakfast and cocktail hour.

I prefer the lower category rooms that have terraces so I usually ask them not to upgrade me beyond that category.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
You’ll get an upgrade to a club level room (high floor, no terrace) and lounge access (basic breakfast - fruit, some pre-made omelettes, bacon, mass produced breads, coffee from a machine that uses instant coffee and powdered milk). Evening lounge offering is wine (red, white, sparkling), crudités, salsa and guacamole, three rotating hot dishes and small dessert plates. It’s sufficient for a meal, but given how much great local food there is then it makes it hard to justify a lounge meal. The lounge is closed outside of breakfast and cocktail hour.

I prefer the lower category rooms that have terraces so I usually ask them not to upgrade me beyond that category.
Sounds like not much has changed in the last 4 years! We had exactly the same experience, including turning down the upgrade bc we wanted the terrace. The views from the club are nice and make up for the relative lack of view from lower rooms. The club back then was open all day for sodas etc. I can’t remember why but when we were there breakfast wasn’t in the club and so they gave us passes to the main restaurant. If the still have the big outdoor fiesta on Wed? Mon? night, it’s worth the small fee for the fun.

Agree re local food. We especially enjoyed all the food truck and street tacos.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Sounds like not much has changed in the last 4 years! We had exactly the same experience, including turning down the upgrade bc we wanted the terrace. The views from the club are nice and make up for the relative lack of view from lower rooms. The club back then was open all day for sodas etc. I can’t remember why but when we were there breakfast wasn’t in the club and so they gave us passes to the main restaurant. If the still have the big outdoor fiesta on Wed? Mon? night, it’s worth the small fee for the fun.

Agree re local food. We especially enjoyed all the food truck and street tacos.
Thanks for the reply, so only the lower rooms have a terrace? Good to know. We arent looking much for a club just the ability to get coffee and some sort of light breakfast in the morning. Looking forward to my stay
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Thanks for the reply, so only the lower rooms have a terrace? Good to know. We arent looking much for a club just the ability to get coffee and some sort of light breakfast in the morning. Looking forward to my stay
Correct re lower rooms with terrace. You can actually see where the terrace level ends by looking at the website’s photos. The views higher up are nice but we enjoyed sitting on the terrace in the evening.

Have a great trip!
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Try to get a non-connecting room if possible. The gaps under the doors are huge and there is very little noise insulation. You can hear everything in the corridors and in connecting rooms you can hear *everything* in the next room (quiet conversation, tv noise, music, LOUD conversation, shouting, crying, bathroom noises, etc). Everything.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:56 pm

I have an upcoming stay. Originally, it was going to be my sister and I traveling for a long weekend; however, my brother decided to join.
Room rates are through the roof, and I contacted the hotel about adding a 3rd guest. I was told it's $25 per day.
I booked a rate that includes breakfast for two.
I am also a Platinum member with Marriott, which technically should get complimentary club lounge access for breakfast and Hors d'oeuvres. This is usually limited to 2 people.
Questions:
1) will I be allowed to bring a 3rd guest into the lounge?
2) will I be able to double dip the breakfast benefits? ie, my rate includes two people, but I also get it through my status, and I would like my brother to use this.

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by coltonatx
I have an upcoming stay. Originally, it was going to be my sister and I traveling for a long weekend; however, my brother decided to join.
Room rates are through the roof, and I contacted the hotel about adding a 3rd guest. I was told it's $25 per day.
I booked a rate that includes breakfast for two.
I am also a Platinum member with Marriott, which technically should get complimentary club lounge access for breakfast and Hors d'oeuvres. This is usually limited to 2 people.
Questions:
1) will I be allowed to bring a 3rd guest into the lounge?
2) will I be able to double dip the breakfast benefits? ie, my rate includes two people, but I also get it through my status, and I would like my brother to use this.

Thanks
The lounge staff are pretty friendly. They’ll likely allow the three of you to get breakfast there (and evening snacks / drinks) without an issue
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:00 am

The lounge staff are pretty friendly. They’ll likely allow the three of you to get breakfast there (and evening snacks / drinks) without an issue
Several years ago (so not recent but hopefully still relevant) we had two rooms booked and everyone in our party was allowed in the lounge (except our youngest child who was then underage for the lounge). They never said anything. They seem pretty easy going in general. The breakfast buffet down by pool was massive and far more elaborate than the basics in the lounge. FYI
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Several years ago (so not recent but hopefully still relevant) we had two rooms booked and everyone in our party was allowed in the lounge (except our youngest child who was then underage for the lounge). They never said anything. They seem pretty easy going in general. The breakfast buffet down by pool was massive and far more elaborate than the basics in the lounge. FYI
FYI, I was quoted $50 per person to him to the booking for a total of $350 for the stay.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:53 pm

Do you think is it worth pay $100 for 2 people for all inclusive? I heard there's many great local food but don't know how far it is. Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:54 pm

delete
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by ecgz88
Do you think is it worth pay $100 for 2 people for all inclusive? I heard there's many great local food but don't know how far it is. Thanks!
I guess it depends on what you want. I cannot speak for the Sheraton since I have never stayed there, but I have stayed at hotels in 5 de Dicembre which is nearby.

Lots of great restaurants in Zona Romantica which is a 15 minute bus ride south for 10 peso or 7 minutes or so in an Uber. Buses run at least once every 10 minutes.

You can actually walk down the beach to that area in about 40 minutes if you want.

Personally I love trying new restaurants in PV but I'm also not really an all inclusive person so it really depends on what you are looking for in a vacation.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Nothing interesting close by, but it's a nice walk into the old town/PV Centro area where there's an excess of fooding options. Turn right as you exit the property and it's about 1km, maybe less.

The lounge offerings were decent, though I'm unsure what's on there now. We usually had breakfast there and then left the property for the day, heading back to the lounge for cocktails after a shower.

Pre-Bonvoy, as a *wood Ambassador, we were upgraded to an enormous suite on the top floor with a huge terrace and an outdoor hot tub. Post-Bonvoy, no upgrade at all. We're renting a condo in the Amapas neighborhood next month for a week. I don't like the location of the other Marriott properties.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:40 am

I wouldn’t. We stayed there 5 nights about 4 years ago and had lounge access plus breakfast downstairs included (status upgrade/benefit). The walk to town was easy and so many good local restaurants. Google Malecon Puerta Vallarta. That’s the pedestrian boardwalk along the water. Many restaurants and shops. Fun to hang out there.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Years ago we stayed at the Hyatt Ziva PV. It was our first AI experience in traveling the world for 5 decades. We hated every meal..... even breakfast, which should be hard to ruin. After the second day we went out for every meal into town. As others have mentioned there is some really good food in PV.... usually not at the hotel. I guess it depends on how important food is to your total experience.
bsdstone and ecgz88 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.