Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:00 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
80% of the Top Floor where the Largest Number of suites are located is still blocked off for Renovation as is the Executive Lounge now in its 7th Month.

This was due to be completed By Christmas Last Year. How come Mexicans here in Florida can build a 2 Story 2000 SQ Foot House in 6 weeks.

I have been there 3 times in the past 4 months and had a Great Upgrade to a Large Older but adequate Top Floor Master with a Great Large Ocean View Terrace/Balcony[Surprisingly the same one every time] when you consider there are only 5 presently in operation I cant complain. All stays were at at the pretty low Senior Rate including one 12 noon check-in and my suite was still waiting.

The current Executive Lounge facilities are better than nothing so I cant say anything against this Great for Platinum's Property.^

Last edited by UncleDude; Mar 12, 2015 at 3:49 pm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by UncleDude
80% of the Top Floor where the Largest Number of suites are located is still blocked off for Renovation as is the Executive Lounge now in its 7th Month.

This was due to be completed By Christmas Last Year. How come Mexicans here in Florida can build a 2 Story 2000 SQ Foot House in 6 weeks.

I have been there 3 times in the past 4 months and had a Great Upgrade to a Large Older but adequate Top Floor Master a Great with a Large Ocean View Balcony[Surprisingly the same one every time] when you consider there are only 5 presently in operation I cant complain. All stays were at at the pretty low Senior Rate including one 12 noon check-in and my suite was still waiting.

The current Executive Lounge facilities are better than nothing so I cant say anything against this Great for Platinum's Property.^
yikes
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Does anyone know if there's an email for the concierge at the hotel? I tried to book online but got an error message so called the Platinum line. Was told there are ONLY smoking rooms left for my dates. I want to try and snag an mon smoking if it opens up. Does anyone know if they have a list or a way to track that?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Does anyone know if there's an email for the concierge at the hotel? I tried to book online but got an error message so called the Platinum line. Was told there are ONLY smoking rooms left for my dates. I want to try and snag an mon smoking if it opens up. Does anyone know if they have a list or a way to track that?
I'm currently at the property until Sunday. If you want any help PM me with the details.

Also, the club manager can be of help. However, she is quite busy nowadays with the renovation of the club levels. This morning, they reopened the club lounge on the 23rd floor. I will see if I can get the concierge's email.

Club Manager's email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:07 am

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:18 pm

Anyone know if this property is very tough on bringing outside guests to the room? I have several friends who live in PV and reserved a suite. Do they stop guests from going to the rooms?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Anyone know if this property is very tough on bringing outside guests to the room? I have several friends who live in PV and reserved a suite. Do they stop guests from going to the rooms?
It will be very difficult to police that, even if a policy is in place. A lot of people go in and out through the front door and the elevator. The guests only have to mention which room they are in is when they enter the parking lot (only by car), other than that, no questions asked.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:34 pm

Stayed here for a full week during Easter weekend. I was upgraded to a club level room on the 21st floor. The club levels (22nd and 23rd) were under renovation, the 23rd floor was completed mid stay. I applied SNA's for their junior suite but it was denied, I did notice that they have 12 of those.

Breakfast can be taken in the lounge or at the restaurant for a small fee, however, you have to ask first if this is possible or not. Breakfast overall was mediocre, however on Sunday brunch was fantastic. Hors d'oeuvres were ok prior completing the club lounge on the 23rd floor, but after completing it, the selections were very VERY limited.

The room itself was ok, nothing to write home about except for the view. I was given room # 2106 that had air conditioning problem. I was transferred to room# 2127 which the AC worked perfectly.

The three people who are working the concierge are fantastic, Lulu, Leonardo, and Hector knew everything about the city, especially Lulu who is a current trainee. The really should take that pin off of her.

I had a problem on the weekend regarding loud noise coming from the ppl who were staying next to me. They were out in the hallway chatting and screaming out loud at 11 pm, then again at 3:30 am (I woke up because of them). I complained the next day to Leonardo who was the manager on duty then and he handled it perfectly.

I've stayed at the Westin, St. Regis and the Sheraton now. And I'll pick the Sheraton over the Westin anytime.
Old May 15, 2015, 6:31 am

You would pick the Sheraton over the Westin anytime??? Interesting and I am very curious as to why? I have stayed at the Westin and actually loved it - more mature crowd; Nothing wrong with the rooms; All have balconies with great views; Nice gym; Outstanding club lounge especially the choices in the evening - literally a full meal; super close walking to the marina for all the restaurants etc., .....why do you feel that way about the Sheraton - the rooms look very plain with no balconies; the pool area is nowhere near as nice; a totally different clientele et., We are going again and I usually don't think of the Sheraton but the prices are significantly cheaper than the Westin.....what to do??? What kind of food and drinks do they serve at the club lounge for breakfast & supper? I believe there are several restaurants walking distance out the doors? I don't know what to do - this place seems so much larger & louder than the Westin??? or am I totally wrong.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Bravada04
You would pick the Sheraton over the Westin anytime??? Interesting and I am very curious as to why? I have stayed at the Westin and actually loved it - more mature crowd; Nothing wrong with the rooms; All have balconies with great views; Nice gym; Outstanding club lounge especially the choices in the evening - literally a full meal; super close walking to the marina for all the restaurants etc., .....why do you feel that way about the Sheraton - the rooms look very plain with no balconies; the pool area is nowhere near as nice; a totally different clientele et., We are going again and I usually don't think of the Sheraton but the prices are significantly cheaper than the Westin.....what to do??? What kind of food and drinks do they serve at the club lounge for breakfast & supper? I believe there are several restaurants walking distance out the doors? I don't know what to do - this place seems so much larger & louder than the Westin??? or am I totally wrong.
It is larger and louder. They have these events that you can go and see around the week, sometimes it's free for guests sometimes there is a charge. Instead of having breakfast at the lounge, we had ours at the restaurant everyday with no additional charge. The views at the Sheraton are much better than the Westin's. El Malecon Boardwalk is within walking distance (we walked with a baby in a stroller). They also have two swimming pools, club lounge guests have reserved beach seats (it is first come first serve though), And their concierge know everything about restaurants.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:47 am

I can say , that the Sheraton Bungavillas Puerto Vallarta , shoudlnt be a Sheraton Hotel, I have been there 2 years ago, and this Hotel is old, very old with no recogniton for Platinums at all.
Go to the Westin, it is much better.
Before I have been 2 Nights at the Intercontinental as Royal Ambassador, and this Hotel was a Joke and not even worse to speak about.
Then I changed to the Sheraton, and it was the same old staff Hotel, very very old with a so called club Lounge which is about the size of a small room, with no service at all.
The happy hour was a Taco and no Coicktails or Drinks, only Wine no Beer and strange no Coke for my Hijo, son.
So I will never go back to Sheraton or Intercontinental(which thanksfully isnt more)
Take the Westin or IHG Hotel..
cheers.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Need some advice. I booked two rooms that included access to the club lounge. The reservation was for an adult and two kids in each room. Now the hotel is telling my that there is no access to the club floor or club lounge for child under 18. It was a pretty low price. If if switch it, it's going to cost me more money.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by gabo02
Need some advice. I booked two rooms that included access to the club lounge. The reservation was for an adult and two kids in each room. Now the hotel is telling my that there is no access to the club floor or club lounge for child under 18. It was a pretty low price. If if switch it, it's going to cost me more money.
How did you book that? On spg.com you can't book a club room on a reservation with children included.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by red star
How did you book that? On spg.com you can't book a club room on a reservation with children included.
I booked it on spg.com
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by gabo02
I booked it on spg.com
If so, you did not include your children while booking, did you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.