Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Old Dec 9, 17, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Dia; Bonvoy Amb; Hertz PC; National EE; AXP Plat; Chase CSR; Citi Prestige; WDW Passh
Originally Posted by cur View Post
how much for a taxi from the airport? we plan on doing the "walk outside, take the overpass, then go to that taxi lineup on the highway that doesn't rip you off as badly" or the "go to departures level and jump in a cab dropping off where they won't rip you off as badly" methods.
Should be about MXN 100. Highly recommend Tacón de Marlin across the overpass before catching your taxi.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Dec 14, 17, 9:35 pm
cur
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: fwp diamond, dykwia elite
Originally Posted by lbbzman View Post
Should be about MXN 100. Highly recommend Tacón de Marlin across the overpass before catching your taxi.

Cheers,
LBBZman
ha we actually did tacon de marlin right after, i thought it was ok (i preferred the greasier burrito stands across the road from the sheraton) but bae loved it. and honestly there was nothing wrong with what they had.

we haggled a taxi for 120 across the bridge. had to wait and rally a few rides however, but we traveled light. the flat/going rate for taxis from the sheraton to the airport is 140 (sign says so...i know it's just a sign but, meh.)

had an awesome stay here for 3 nights. as a gold they upgraded us to club floor. room very clean, kempt, and spacious. grounds in very good shape. the room had open concept bathroom but still private, shower room, toilet room, and open sink. room had windows that open wide. ac doesn't go below 20.5c but it's still comfortable. the beach is meh but the hotel does a good job keeping up the shape of their portion of the beach. club lounge had happy hour of wine only, one hot option (varying from very good chikin wings to very mediocre penne), and some cold sides like beet salad and sushi that was edible with enough soy and wasabi. attendants very professional and attentive. breakfast is very meh, usual 4 hot options: overcooked scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, some veg dish. no fruit plates but they had yogurt and fruit cups, or a yogurt parfait that sufficed. i'm into light breakfasts so all i normally eat is a parfait and some fruit. coffee machine coffee meh but, again, meh i cannot be upset when in mexico. especially with free breakfast that i am not owed

pool was awesome (heated), waiters friendly and offered great service, 1600-1700hrs they have 2 for 1 coronas. frozen drinks were very meh. no tvs near the bar for sunday football but meh. they had an iguana in the center island of the pool and that was fun to have stare-downs with.

the el embarkado (sp) bar makes AMAZING cocktails. in lieu of our 250 spg points we got 2 welcome drinks from here. and wow. i am a man of the margarita and this was top 3. the pool side food was very meh but we were too lazy to put on clothes and walk 400 meters for street tacos. but we got many rounds of drinks and 2 different plates over 3 days for like $50usd. so that was nice. i do recommend. this place close to downtown and near real mexico. the westin seems to be further north and by the giant mall that is marina. if you like going out and experiencing things at night then sheraton for you. it looks worn out in the photos but it really is not. will come back if in pvr ever again.

i must say all levels of staff here were 10/10.
jpmackl likes this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Silver, RR A-List
Any updates on the last year, especially since the change to Starriott/soon-to-be Bonvoy? Plat Premier traveling with 2 kids. Curious to see if anything has changed with regards to the above.
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kerrigjl View Post
Any updates on the last year, especially since the change to Starriott/soon-to-be Bonvoy? Plat Premier traveling with 2 kids. Curious to see if anything has changed with regards to the above.
I don’t have an update but just a heads up. When we were there in March 2017, they did not allow kids under 12 into the club lounge. We were all able to eat (alternative and complimentary) breakfast in the main restaurant on the ground floor though.
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Duplicate post.