Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pittsburgh: Sheraton or Westin [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pittsburgh: Sheraton or Westin [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by TTT103
Has anyone taken the Airport Flyer Bus to the Westin from the airport?
Just over one block from 7th & William Penn. The Westin's one block north on William Penn, and it's pretty clearly visible from the bus stop. After the bus enters downtown, it'll make one right turn, and that's the stop.

The inbound/outbound stops are on the same street, but half a block down.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Contemplating a stay at the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, so would like an update as the last post on this thread dated back to October 2014:

1. Does this hotel have an Executive Lounge?
2. How do they handle the Platinum breakfast benefit?
3. Parking looks to be quite steep at the hotel - is there any other cheaper parking alternatives nearby?
4. Do Platinum have a shot at a suite upgrade without using a SNA?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sapguy
Contemplating a stay at the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, so would like an update as the last post on this thread dated back to October 2014:

3. Parking looks to be quite steep at the hotel - is there any other cheaper parking alternatives nearby?

Thanks in advance
I stayed at the hotel weekly for almost 3 years, and can count on one hand the suite upgrades I received w/o using a SNA; there just aren't many suites in the hotel. There's no lounge, and I left before breakfast became an option.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for your input. We went ahead and used a SNA.

The hotel's website seems to suggest that there are quite a few suites at this Westin.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
[QUOTE=sapguy;24980962]Contemplating a stay at the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, so would like an update as the last post on this thread dated back to October 2014:

NO

Muffin, fruit (banana), coffee ... when I was there last year...

This is next to the convention center so cheap parking nearby seems unlikely

Never been upgraded here
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:22 am

[QUOTE=nonesuch flyer;24996855]

NO

Muffin, fruit (banana), coffee ... when I was there last year...

This is next to the convention center so cheap parking nearby seems unlikely

Never been upgraded here
Thanks so much for your reply
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
[QUOTE=sapguy;25000107]
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer

Thanks so much for your reply
I haven't stayed here all that frequently, maybe four or five times in the past six months. As others have said, this is a hard property to get upgraded at. If the suite is important, I would recommend paying for it, and applying an SNA second.

In my experiences, the hotel is frequently sold out which is really what drives the lack of upgrades. When the hotel has room, I have been upgraded (without having to ask or flaunt status), so I do believe it comes down to availability.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Ugrades

[QUOTE=lilpisher;25001655]
In my experiences, the hotel is frequently sold out which is really what drives the lack of upgrades. When the hotel has room, I have been upgraded (without having to ask or flaunt status), so I do believe it comes down to availability.
I am sure that you are correct. The Westin been sold out every time I have been there.

The Sheraton Station Square is often sold out when I stay. I have been upgraded to a Junior Suite once in about 14 stays.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:00 pm

How do the Westin and Sheraton compare with the Marriott and Doubletree? How would you rank the 4 properties? Price is not an issue, but I believe all 4 are similarly priced anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.