Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chase Doubles Up on Marriott & United During Holiday Season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ed-MileagePlus

"For the first time, Chase Card Services’ eligible co-branded credit cards, Marriott Rewards® and United MileagePlus®, are coming together to offer double the rewards on respective purchases this holiday season with ‘Double Stay, Double Go.’

Between November 1 and November 30, 2015, Marriott Rewards Premier cardholders will earn double points on purchases with United® and eligible United MileagePlus Explorer, Club and Presidential Plus cardholders will earn double miles on purchases at Marriott® properties.

Eligible cardholders can automatically take advantage of ‘Double Stay, Double Go’ simply by making purchases within the month of November 2015. No additional enrollment is required. Travelers can visit www.chase.com/DoubleStayGo for more information and details on cardholder eligibility.

The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card lets travelers earn Marriott Rewards points on all purchases, accumulate free night stays and accelerate status. Plus, the card offers EMV chip-and-signature technology, charges no foreign transaction fees and comes with a variety of travel benefits.

The United MileagePlus Explorer Credit Card offers extensive travel benefits, including priority boarding, no foreign transaction fees, and two, one-time-use United ClubSM passes each year. The United MileagePlus Club Card provides travelers with a United Club membership, 1st and 2nd checked bags free, Premier Access® and no foreign transaction fees.

The limited-time credit card partnership promotion is in addition to RewardsPlus, which offers reciprocal premium benefits between the United MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards loyalty programs."
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
My God, horrible misleading (and useless to me).

Between November 1 and November 30, 2015, does not a holiday season make and I had to read this 5 times to ascertain I'd only benefit from it by purchasing United fares.

Hope others can take advantage...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
The Marriott Premier Card already offers 2pts/$ for airline purchases. Does this mean we now get 4pts/$ on United purchases during this offer period?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
For those of us that carry both Marriott and United cards, doesn't seem to be any advantage to this program whatsoever.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
The Marriott Premier Card already offers 2pts/$ for airline purchases. Does this mean we now get 4pts/$ on United purchases during this offer period?
That is my takeaway after several minutes of study - the only benefit. Perhaps I am getting older...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
From the OP's link:
Double Your Points on United Purchases: You will earn 2 bonus points for each $1 of Purchases made with your Marriott Rewards Premier credit card where United Airlines is identified as the merchant on your monthly credit card statement. Therefore, United purchases on some discount travel websites and on board will not qualify for the stated rewards offer. The bonus points earned are in addition to the standard 2 points earned on United purchases for a total of 4 points on United purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.