Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yule_boy
For 2019 upgrade experiences check out the Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences 2020 thread.

POSTING FORMAT

Property:
Date(s):
Room booked:
Room received:
Elite Level: (Platinum, Titanium, Ambassador)
Award stay: (yes/no), type (Points, PointSavers, C+P, Travel Package, CCFNA35K, CCFNA40K, etc.)
Rate Type: (Off Peak/Standard/Peak)
BRG stay: (yes/no)
SNAs redeemed: (yes/no)
Comments:

Print Wikipost

Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador, AA Gold
Property: Sheraton Albuquerque Airport
Date: June 2021
Room booked: Standard 2 Queen
Room received: Club Access 2 Queen
Elite Level: Titanium
Award stay: No
Rate Type: State Govt
BRG stay: No
SNAs redeemed: Not used
Comments: Really decent to nice but aging hotel. The cooling was a bit slow so I would not want to stay there in the summer heat. The room temperature never got below 73 degrees and I had it set to 68 degrees. Comfortable mattress. Small bathroom. The resteraunt was excellent. Concierge Lounge was closed. Front Desk and overall Service was excellent. Parking was just $10.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador, AA Gold
Property: The Advenire, Autograph Collection (St. George, Utah)
Room booked: Standard 2 Queen
Room received: King Suite
Award stay: Yes
Rate Type: NA
SNAs redeemed: Yes
Comments: A very distinguished botique hotel in a cozy community. The hotel was very well groomed and I was impressed by the attentiveness of the staff, including the wait staff at the resteraunt. The room was well-decorated and the website pictures represented the room fairly. In fact, the second television is not included in the pictures. Outside noise from traffic was minimal and did not deter our sleep. My travel partner slept on the couch rather than the fold out bed. It was just more comfy. The king mattress was wonderful. I did message the hotel on the day of arrival asking about the Terrace suite and they replied saying it was booked. Not so sure but I did not want start a losing argument. No lounge and I did get a $15 breakfast credit each day ($15 per person). I know as titanium supposed to get free, but again I thought of no reason to push for that. Plus, it is an autograph collection hotel so I am sure there is something in the terms. Overall, I highly recommend. The breakfast was delicious. Get the sage sausage if you visit.
samosa likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Property: The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna
Room booked: Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King
Room received: Premium, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King
Rate Type: NA
SNAs redeemed: Not used
Comments: Excellent staff.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Property: Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Date: Saturday night in June
Room booked: Superior Twin, Mid floor (base room)
Room received: Highfloor Twin, High floor (one rank upgrade, better rooms were still on sale at time of check-in)
Award stay: no
Rate Type: Member Exclusive Rate
BRG stay: no
SNAs redeemed: no
Comments: Decided to give it a try as the weekend rates were well below JPY 20,000. The hotel follows the rules to the letter and doesn't give lounge access to Elites being a Marriott resort. Choice of 1,000 points or full buffet breakfast in Qwachi restaurant. The restaurant buffet was very good. The restaurant facilities are freshly renovated and spacious. As I was able to have a look inside the lounge, I actually think that the hotel does a favour to the Elites not bothering them with the poor lounge experience. Although as of now the lounge is closed for breakfast and cocktail hour and you get access to restaurant buffet breakfast and dinner as a replacement when booking Executive Level. The first word which came into my mind after entering the room was "dilapidated". In particular looking at the state of the floor and the smell coming out of the air condition. The rooms are in dire need of a refreshment. Some positive notes: Parking is JPY 1,000 but free for Elites; They let us check in one hour before check in time and offered 4 pm check out without having to ask; the pools are nice and spacious; even the base rooms allow for an occupancy of up to 4 adults (with an extra fee of JPY 7,000 per night for 3rd and 4th adult respectively).
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That's quite a change from before, last I was there, the lounge was closed completely, but there was a cocktail hour in the lobby bar for elites. One set of snacks, free flow of beer, wine, and selected cocktails.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by samosa
Property: Westin San Diego Gaslamp
Date: 3 nights 2021
Room booked: King Water View (was first changes to a Two Queen Water View)
Room received: Two Queen Parking Lot
Award stay: Yes
Rate Type: Award
SNAs redeemed: No
Comments: Not a great stay. Hotel was at capacity but woefully understaffed.
did you collect your $100 compensation you are entitled to? Reach out to corporate and make them pay. There is something called an ultimate reservation guarantee and it applies here
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by cfischer
did you collect your $100 compensation you are entitled to? Reach out to corporate and make them pay. There is something called an ultimate reservation guarantee and it applies here
I did not ask for the compensation but I did complain about a few other issues to the operations manager. They apologized but when fixing the issue someone rolled eyes at me so I decided to follow up with customer care. Their response was because of covid you need to be more understanding. I asked for a supervisor the said the same (and I spent one hour + on the phone). Finally I emailed to comment on the phone experience and they said sorry here is 2k points. Ultimately the hotel did also apologize and provide a partial refund. I was not really looking for anything just annoyed that a trip with family was substandard. They promised that I could let them know in advance of a return trip and they would take care of me. Not sure if I want to take them up, but we will see. This is only the second time in over 600 nights I have complained about a hotel.
Kacee and WasKnown like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:13 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Property: Renaissance Ratchaprasong Bangkok

Date(s): April 2021

Room booked: Deluxe King

Room received: Studio Suite

Elite Level: Gold (Switched to Platinum account upon check-in but booked on Gold)

Comments: 3 week stay

Property: Le Meridien Chiang Mai

Room received: Executive Suite

Comments: 1 week stay

Property: Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park

Room received: M Suite

Property: St. Regis Bangkok

Date(s): May 2021

Room received: Caroline Astor Suite

Property: W Bangkok

Room booked: King

Room received: Marvelous Suite

Property: Abu Dhabi Edition

Room received: Suite

Elite Level: Member (Friend checked-in and used personal account to book)

Comments: 3 night stay

Property: Le Meridien Central Park

Room booked: Junior Suite

Room received: Central Park Suite

Comments: Long stay

Property: St. Regis New York

Date(s): June 2021

Room booked: Superior Guest Room

Room received: Fifth Avenue Suite

Comments: 4 night stay

Last edited by WasKnown; Jun 15, 2021 at 8:17 pm Reason: Incorrect
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Property: W Seminyak
Room booked: Base room
Room received: Marvelous suite
Elite Level: (Platinum, Titanium, Ambassador) Ambassador
Award stay: (yes/no), type (Points, PointSavers, C+P, Travel Package, CCFNA35K, CCFNA40K, etc.) no
Rate Type: (Off Peak/Standard/Peak) Standard
BRG stay: (yes/no)no
SNAs redeemed: (yes/no) yes
Comments:
2nd stay here and very happy with the stay.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Property: Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Date: Saturday night in June
Room booked: Superior Twin, Mid floor (base room)
Room received: Highfloor Twin, High floor (one rank upgrade, better rooms were still on sale at time of check-in)
Award stay: no
Rate Type: Member Exclusive Rate
Comments: Decided to give it a try as the weekend rates were well below JPY 20,000. The hotel follows the rules to the letter and doesn't give lounge access to Elites being a Marriott resort. Choice of 1,000 points or full buffet breakfast in Qwachi restaurant. The restaurant buffet was very good. The restaurant facilities are freshly renovated and spacious. As I was able to have a look inside the lounge, I actually think that the hotel does a favour to the Elites not bothering them with the poor lounge experience. Although as of now the lounge is closed for breakfast and cocktail hour and you get access to restaurant buffet breakfast and dinner as a replacement when booking Executive Level. The first word which came into my mind after entering the room was "dilapidated". In particular looking at the state of the floor and the smell coming out of the air condition. The rooms are in dire need of a refreshment. Some positive notes: Parking is JPY 1,000 but free for Elites; They let us check in one hour before check in time and offered 4 pm check out without having to ask; the pools are nice and spacious; even the base rooms allow for an occupancy of up to 4 adults (with an extra fee of JPY 7,000 per night for 3rd and 4th adult respectively).
Seeing as you are a Glob with Hyatt, honestly just stick with HR Seragaki in Onna just a little south of this place. The experience there was heads and shoulders better than the Okinawa Marriott Resort. Rates are a little more but all those CAT 1-4 certificates work here. Honestly, it seems Marriott is not even trying to hold on to their elites anymore.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by porphyra
Seeing as you are a Glob with Hyatt, honestly just stick with HR Seragaki in Onna just a little south of this place. The experience there was heads and shoulders better than the Okinawa Marriott Resort. Rates are a little more but all those CAT 1-4 certificates work here. Honestly, it seems Marriott is not even trying to hold on to their elites anymore.
I had a nice view towards HR Seragaki (and IC Manza Beach) from my room. Stayed at the HR Seragaki a few times before. Last time this year in February. But part of this hobby (at least for me) is to try out properties I‘ve never been to before. After having now experienced the Okinawa Marriott, I can say with good conscience that most probably I won’t be coming back.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by shonanroger
I had a nice view towards HR Seragaki (and IC Manza Beach) from my room. Stayed at the HR Seragaki a few times before. Last time this year in February. But part of this hobby (at least for me) is to try out properties I‘ve never been to before. After having now experienced the Okinawa Marriott, I can say with good conscience that most probably I won’t be coming back.
A bit sad to hear, it used to be a decent value, and really good elite treatment. A bit old in the hardware, but overall I have always been happy. But also depends on the rate paid. Though admittedly, I have mainly become a HR Seragaki guest as well.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 16, 2021 at 1:27 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Property: Westin New York at Times Square
Room booked: Base Room (Traditional King)
Room received: Premium Corner King, Corner room, High floor
Rate Type: Standard
Comments: We were upgraded to the top floor. The high floor corner rooms have amazing views. This is one of my favorite non-suite upgrades received. 4 night stay.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Property: ritz carlton abama tenerife
Date(s): 9-18 june 2021
Room booked: 2x room villa deluxe ocean view
Room received: 1x room villa deluxe resort view + 1x one bedroom suite villa resort view.
Elite Level: Titanium,
Award stay: Yes, C+P
Rate Type: standard
Comments: when i arrived they said they didn't have any upgrades available. I pointed out that there were enough resort view villas, but in their opinion it was sort of a downgrade. We didn't care. Both rooms are interconnecting creating a huge 2 bedroom place (130m2). I was so happy that i booked another stay for the summer with my family. The resort view room are terrific because of the direct pool acces. So that will be very good during the summer when i return with my family (but now i booked the rooms i want to be in, so no need for an upgrade during the summer). The hotel it self was completely empty due to covid. it is HUGE, but it doesn't feel like being huge (its actually the biggest Ritz Carlton in the world). Friendly staff, too bad both michelin star restaurants were closed (only 2 real restaurants are open atm on the hotel, beside the melvin restaurant which is located on the golf course but which isn't part of the hotel). Really looking forward to come back in the summer. Only point of criticism, one night i was eating at one of the restaurants, the general manager was also eating there but he had no time for his guests. So different from the W maldives (stayed there last May) were the GM would stop by to talk to his guest... Special thanks to the "chat team" who were fast in their responds and to Javier who managed to get me to spend way too much on wine... oh man that Penfolds Grange Bin 2005....... still dreaming about it.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.

Last edited by hdejongh; Jun 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:04 pm

Property: Sheraton Universal (Universal City, CA)
Room booked: King, Traditional Guest Room
Room received: King, Traditional Room - High Floor (18th)
Elite Level: Platinum
Rate Type: Member Rate
BRG stay: (yes/no) No
SNAs redeemed: (yes/no) No
Comments: Several days prior to check in (once the mobile check in became active), I asked via chat if any upgrades were available. Online showed some suites and corner rooms available. After about 6 hours, received response that I would need to wait until arrival to check and be upgraded. At arrival, was told no suite or larger room upgrades were available (online booking check concurred), but was "upgraded" to higher floor. Lounge is being moved (to lower level) and still being renovated so was given $30 ($15/person) vouchers for breakfast. Biggest complaint was our keys stopped working every day. Always keep them separate from credit cards (was told when complaining about situation that that did not matter for these keys as they have RFID chips), but still failed every day. Even mobile key failed. They did waive all meal charges we had above our voucher amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.