Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't know where you're seeing this, but on the registration page it says (twice)

And since point stays are not points-eligible, no joy there.

it states as follows
"*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”)."

If you look under “Qualifying Rate” it clearly indicates
i. A “Stay” is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Property by a Member who: (A) provides his/her Membership Number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points redemption Award or a promotional Award for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If a Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same Participating Property within 24 hours, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays and issuing Member benefits. A Member may only earn Points for up to three (3) guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points redemption Award or a promotional Award for all of the guest rooms.

Now, you can read it differently but common sense tells you to check the Qualifying Rate” section and there it clearly indicates as stated above.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi, KSMH612! As outlined in the terms of the Unlock More Promotion, "nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points." Additionally, as defined in section 3.2.h. of our Loyalty Program T&Cs, "An Award Redemption Stay at a Participating Property is considered a Qualifying Stay and as such the Member will receive Elite Night Credit toward earning Elite Membership Status or Lifetime Elite Membership Status; however, the Award Redemption Stay will not count toward achieving any milestones required to obtain a promotional Award." Kind regards! -Leanne
Thanx for pointing out.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Prpetualtraveller
Phff my stays are conveniently taking a long time to post now. I have one ended 4 days ago that would make me titanium and hasn’t posted yet and another ending 2 days ago to unlock promo hasn’t posted.
then I have another stay coming up in a few days...
Marriott is such a scam!

i guess I’ll find another chain to fill in the 2 week gaps between my Marriott stays to allow their system to “catch up”!

i wonder if I call Hilton they’d want and give status to a high elite alienated Marriott member???
Same here, until this promotion began I had a lot of stays post within 48 hours. Now I am on my third stay and my other two haven’t posted 🙄🙄
Prpetualtraveller likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by KSMH612
common sense tells you to check the section “Qualifying Rate” and there it clearly indicates as stated above.
No, common sense says to use the definition provided with the promo, not the general definition. You can't use the "qualifying rate" definition from the general T&C when the promo specifically defines what a qualifying rate is for the purposes of the promo.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by bgriff
Does anyone know -- when you "unlock" your offer, if you are already checked in for your next stay but not yet checked out, does that stay count toward your offer requirements?
I note that the “Unlock date” doesn’t seem to be shown anywhere, so that’ll no doubt cue more confusion and argument about whether a subsequent stay is in the unlock period or not.

I also note that it says

Offer unlocked: Now complete XXXX stays to earn YYYY additional bonus points.
Choose from more than 7,000 participating hotels and resorts worldwide from 29 October 2019 until 14 January 2020.
Use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.
.... which implies that the unlock period starts on 29 October, rather than the unlock date.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
By the way, Ambassador colleague who already had 10+ future stays booked got the “6 more stays for 15,000” offer, has (rather disgustedly) remarked that her 8 stays (totalling about 24 nights) will earn her 17,000 bonus points, or “about one third of a free night at a nice hotel”.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No, common sense says to use the definition provided with the promo, not the general definition. You can't use the "qualifying rate" definition from the general T&C when the promo specifically defines what a qualifying rate is for the purposes of the promo.
Agreed. but still confusing when it links to T&C that would seem to indicate otherwise.
Anyways my promo unlocked, its 5 stays for 12k. I won't be doing it. No explanation needed.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by KSMH612
Agreed. but still confusing when it links to T&C that would seem to indicate otherwise.
It also says "any points-eligible rate" and award stays don't earn points.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Does anyone know -- when you "unlock" your offer, if you are already checked in for your next stay but not yet checked out, does that stay count toward your offer requirements?
I can confirm that my stay in that case counted towards the promotion. 2nd step of the promotion was unlocked the night before checking out and still shows in my counter now.
bgriff likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Pathetic offer. no wonder I dont bother with Hyatt anymore.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:20 am

I wish there was more stages than 2. Hyatt has Triple you're points at Hyatt Place through December 15. Plus I always pay extra to double your points.

IHG has 4x your base points 4th stay and on through Jan 31st. I always pay extra for the 10k point package.

I already reached ambassador makes no sense to continue with Marriott until Jan 1 unless I stay at the 5k Courtyard/Springhill properties.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Checkout of my second stay: 4 Nov
Second stay posted: 6 Nov
Unlocked second offer: 7 Nov

My offer is earn 2,000 bonus points after 4 more stays, and then an additional 2,000 points every two stays thereafter.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Checkout of my second stay: 4 Nov
Second stay posted: 6 Nov
Unlocked second offer: 7 Nov

My offer is earn 2,000 bonus points after 4 more stays, and then an additional 2,000 points every two stays thereafter.
That’s great! You’re getting 2x the MAGC credit for your next 4 stays!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by aussielori
Pathetic offer. no wonder I dont bother with Hyatt anymore.
Except this is Marriott??

-RM
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
For the single stay 2nd offer (ie stay 1 get 10k points), is that a one time offer then Marriott will provide a subsequent, different offer?

Personally I have 10 nights to be booked after my 2nd level offer is unlocked. I have not stayed in a Hilton for 2 years.......looks like a good option as I can earn at least 1 free night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.