Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by GAF
As a Titanium member I feel they have lost their way.
As a Titanium member I've been watching FT complain about promos for nearly a decade.
Newman, slpybear, KRSW and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by margarita girl
[MR sends] "Double Elite Night" targeted promos to people who already have LT Tit status.
And I got more SNAs out of it; what's so bad about that?
Newman and margarita girl like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
As a Titanium member I've been watching FT complain about promos for nearly a decade.
Yep, I used to love the free cat 5 (25k in the old world) certificates x 2 for each 2 stays. My wife and I would book alternating 1 night stays on our trips. But people complained and just wanted points. I also enjoyed reading here for the different promotions and you could call in and switch to one that suited you best. Whether it was 5 nights or 25+, there were options. Oh well, that life...
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
This promo is entirely theoretical for me. None of my last 4 stays has posted, at all, or correctly, so I have to write in every time. No way can the promo keep up to date with such a mess.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by banzani
This promo is entirely theoretical for me. None of my last 4 stays has posted, at all, or correctly, so I have to write in every time. No way can the promo keep up to date with such a mess.
That's a key message here. Irrespective of the level of generosity of the bonuses, you have to question the wisdom of a corporation that launches a promotion where the customers subsequent eligibility is entirely dependent on if and when the 1st and 2nd stays are posted to the account.

How soon after Oct 29 will we get the first "Stay has not posted … missing out on Promo " thread I wonder ?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by banzani
I have a rather complicated stay coming up next week before the promo starts that I expect to involve Marriott Corporate to have the stay credited properly then two stays during the first week of November that should trigger the "second offer".
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
IHG just launched another promo today, stacked on top of Accelerate - 1k points on 1st stay, 2x on 2nd, 3x on 3rd, 4x on 4th+
Hyatt - 2x-3x points
Hilton - 2x-3x points
Accor - 4x points
Marriott - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
So ... if none of the Marriott members who haven't been contacted know about Flyertalk (or other blogs) how on earth do they know there's any Q4 promotion at all? Madness. Marriott spams me enough with unwanted emails, you'd think they might actually send one about the only seasonal promo?
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you came only from the SPG side, I can understand how you wouldn't be aware of this
Well, there's your answer ... came from SPG where promos were not necessarily more generous or universal to all members but at least they worked. And yes, everyone complained about those as well

Meanwhile, excuse me while I make my NINTH attempt at fixing an uncredited stay from July...
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Marriott spams me enough with unwanted emails, you'd think they might actually send one about the only seasonal promo?
I've had a couple of emails from them about the promotion. When I go on the app, I see it mentioned there too.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
IHG just launched another promo today, stacked on top of Accelerate - 1k points on 1st stay, 2x on 2nd, 3x on 3rd, 4x on 4th+
Hyatt - 2x-3x points
Hilton - 2x-3x points
Accor - 4x points
Marriott - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Love the ihg one indeed
Old Oct 26, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Lmao from their November offer e-mail today:

bonus points in mallorca:

Save 10% and get 3,000 bonus points on stays of seven or more nights.

Seven!!! And then 3.000. Lmao.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
Hyatt - 2x-3x points
Hilton - 2x-3x points
Accor - 4x points
Marriott - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oh man, IHG is taking the lead here, that's a sweet offer plus it is stackable. Too bad I have no status with them, but hey, the 380% from Hilton isn't bad either.

Where are you Marriott???? Are you aware you are dead last here? Again?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ajamieson
I have not received an email, there’s no mention of it in my promotions and when I try to register I get told I’m ineligible. Pretty clear to me that this is more than an(other) IT glitch.
FWIW, I received an email from Bonvoy about this promo headed “ Stay Twice. Get 2,000 Bonus Points. Then, Get Even More.” on 23 October.

I’m wondering whether there’s a link between “didn’t get email” and “ineligible to register”. Anyone able to add some data points ?

[Incidentally, the email invited me to Register Now, even though I’d done so the previous week. More Bonvoy Buffoonery]
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
oh man, IHG is taking the lead here, that's a sweet offer plus it is stackable. Too bad I have no status with them, but hey, the 380% from Hilton isn't bad either.

Where are you Marriott???? Are you aware you are dead last here? Again?
As an IHG Spire Ambassador, their elite benefits are fairly meager.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cfischer
IHG is taking the lead here
That's a little like offering Zimbabwe Dollars.
ajamieson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.