Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB

Got the following in my account. Doesn't look like a targeted offer, so posting it here:

Stay twice. Get 2,000 bonus points. Then unlock your next offer.
Register by December 31, 2019.
Stay twice to earn 2,000 bonus points.
Two to three days after your second qualifying stay has been posted, you'll automatically unlock an additional offer with Unlock More. Your additional offer will appear in your online member account and you'll receive an email with offer details.
Choose from more than 7,000 participating hotels and resorts worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Same here

I have two stays this weekend, so there's 2000 points, and not too much suspense to hear what's next.
Redhead likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have two stays this weekend, so there's 2000 points
I'm afraid there isn't, as
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by December 31, 2019, will earn 2,000 bonus points (one-time) after their second stay, during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. After a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer will be unlocked and become available in the member’s account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay is posted to the member’s account. The member will be auto-registered into the additional offer, and will receive notification via email and through their online member account. The earning period for the additional offer will be from the day the member is auto-registered through January 14, 2020. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. The offer is not transferable. Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 7-10 days after the qualifying stay. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit the promotion landing page or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Temedar
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Lol this is such a weak offer. Hilton it is.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Temedar

lol. I'll have 3 stay from 18-21, 21-26 and 26-28.

guess gonna move some of those to Hilton
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Not much of a hook. 2k additional points and a “hope” of unlocking better promotions.

I can imagine all the Marriott social media execs laughing at everyone on FlyerTalk the past few weeks and the joke continues as the complaining will be good reading.

they are calling everyone’s bluff of using other chains.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Pathetic and insulting promo again indeed...

Gonna change my bookings around too..

bet the next offer is something like: stay 5 times- 5000 bonus.
tomwhom likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Given that the last promo ended Sep 16 and this one won't start until Oct 29, that's a month and a half without any sort of promo...
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
This is a REALLY sad promo!

I always think it's useful to translate into SPG points currency... so it's 666 SPG! 333 per night. Not even a green choice points! So mean.
Crazy4Birds and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I am in the middle of an 8 day high dollar stay.....this ticks me off
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Anyone else thinking this is Marriott doing a CYA to buy themselves a few more days (with this unlocking nonsense) to figure out what the promo actually is?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Anyone else thinking this is Marriott doing a CYA to buy themselves a few more days (with this unlocking nonsense) to figure out what the promo actually is?
Nope. This sounds like Marriott! I guess my $51 and $56 pair of stays in November give triple points! 🙄

They did do an unlocking one a few years ago, but I don't remember the details on it. The second phase was variable for different people though.

It's obvious that Marriott is not feeling that they need to drive business to their hotels through promotions, and that the threats here are not impacting them. Good for them I guess.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I don’t need to plan any additional stays but was considering some staycations. Now I’ll either delay them until after 29th October or won’t bother at all. Why the 2-week delay? To allow for a Marriott IT incompetence buffer period?!
KRSW likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Got 2 stays scheduled for December.
Interesting to know what the possibility of the following offer will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.