Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:40 pm

Finally got mine.

Five stays for 12K points
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Date of checkout of 2nd stay : 31 Oct
Date the 2nd stay posted: 2 Nov
Date unlock offer received : 5 Nov
Current status and nights YTD: Platinum, 37
The unlock offer received: 5000 additional points after 1 more stay.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by beastmaster
Date of checkout of 2nd stay : 31 Oct
Date the 2nd stay posted: 2 Nov
Date unlock offer received : 5 Nov
Current status and nights YTD: Platinum, 37
The unlock offer received: 5000 additional points after 1 more stay.
That's one of the better ones!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Got the 6 stays 15K. I see that it excludes awards stays but if the stay includes some cash nights and one award night I should still get 1 stay credited towards the promotion correct?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
How to find your secondary/unlock offer code - see the wiki

As foretold by itisme, the following list of secondary/unlock offers is what the "oy" in Marriott decided ahead of time to gift upon us:

Some who weren't much into this promo, might prefer the FC19G and just do one more stay. Others who have many, many nights between now and the end of the year may prefer FC19A (think that's what KRUXED was offered).

Oy!

David
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:30 pm

Just one more stay for an additional 20,000. Ambassador here with over 300 nights this year. Is this the end of the promotion? Or is there more to be unlocked?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
Stay 1 : 29 - 30
Stay 2 : 30 - 31
Points posted step 1 : 1 November
amb / 165nights

15K after 6 stays (one time during promo period). Weak
6 more times?
or 4 more times?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by HB-IWC

Just one more stay for an additional 20,000. Ambassador here with over 300 nights this year. Is this the end of the promotion? Or is there more to be unlocked?
For you, yes. Your unlocked bonus is FC19G (see posts above and in wiki). All Marriott cares for, in this case, is to incentivize you to stay one more night during the promotion period. For an Ambassador with 300+ nights, that won't be hard for you but clearly doesn't provide you with much benefits given your loyalty (and spend) with Marriott.

If you see an unlock promo that you think is better, you could ask a Lurker, your Ambassador, Customer Service, etc. to change the promo.

Good luck!

David
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Stay 1: Oct 29 - 30
Stay 2: Oct 30 - 31
Points posted: Nov 1 and Nov 2

Offer: 4K after 2 stays (Just a bit more than the welcome amenity points - after all this system delay and waiting around !!)
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
I received my "unlocked" opportunity. 4 stays gets me 2000 points, and then 2000 points for every two stays thereafter. I'm at just over 150 nights with ~35K in spend.

What a joke. I'd rather not have had a promotion at all than this garbage. I lose more points by properties not properly giving reward points and/or getting green choice scammed (getting these points are hit or miss by property).

Marriott has been doing a lot to stress my loyalty lately. The recent point devaluation has hit me hard (the last three personal stays I booked as cash because even after taxes I was getting <.7 cents per point - but I realize now that .06-.07 cents is the new baseline). Further, the cancellation policies are killing me (3 days is the new 2 days..). And all for what? A Marriott I frequently stay at recently "renovated" - and by renovated I mean they ruined the shower (no water pressure), have lights that randomly turn off, and have motion sensors trigger the AC which means I wake up sweating. At a $400/night hotel. Oh, and their IT is still incompetent which is an ongoing stressor.

And not that I am super swayed by suite upgrades, I have gotten 0 non-SNA suites (and 2 trips where my SNA didn't even clear) this year. Zero.

Bit of a rant, but this slap in the face promo is just insult to injury. If they don't want to have a promo, then just don't have one. Don't have a joke one that is worth absolutely nothing.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Just got mine:
Stay 1: Oct 29-30
Stay 2: Oct 30-31
Points posted: Nov 1 and Nov 2

Offer: 5k bonus points after one stay.

Pathetic. At least that simplifies my end of year planning. One more 4-night stay, 5 elite night credits for my 50 night bonus, then hello Hyatt/Hilton/IHG. See you all in the spring, maybe.
DogPyro likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: VS Gold and a few more.....
I also got stay once more for an additional 20k - Must be one of the luckier ones judging by some of the replies.

Edit - I’ve checked out of a stay this morning, (The offer appeared for me overnight) so this should trigger straight away hopefully. It’ll be interesting to see if my 3rd offer appears any quicker than the 2nd now.

Last edited by StormDog; Nov 6, 2019 at 12:29 am
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Also got the 6 stays and get 15k points. Anyone has luck changing to another promo? I would rather have a few long stays and a bunch of one night stays for this promo
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:45 am

Also got the 15k for 6 more stays. As I would imagine this to at least follow some sort of logic: I had 4 upcoming stays already in my account. That’s then their way of encouraging me to book 2 more stays.
Overall not too bad of an offer given the overall weak collection (actually the second best, given that you need 10+ for 15k with the other offers that give 2k/2.5k per 2 stays).
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by SP03
Also got the 6 stays and get 15k points. Anyone has luck changing to another promo? I would rather have a few long stays and a bunch of one night stays for this promo
I doubt that one can change. Else, why would they have created such a fuzz around the unlocking.
But then: what would you want to change for? I doubt that they give you the 20k for 1 stay and all others are weaker (if you are staying enough)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.