Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Happy
According to the C19 policy, all unused certs with 2020 expiration dates will be automatically converted to have Jan 31 2021 expiration date with the task completion date sent on Apr 30. Hopefully for those of us still have cert(s) will see that auto-conversion without the need to follow up. But we all should take screenshots just in case!
yes. everyone who plans to let their certs and TP expire should PDF print or screenshot everything. especially true for those who cancel their cert/TP bookings towards the end of APR 2020. when the cert/TP goes back into their account, it may get missed for extension processing. not sure if the marriott system algos are run in real-time or in batch jobs. maybe there will be a final sweep to search for all certs/TPs at the end of april? who knows.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Mar 20, 2020 at 3:25 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I canceled a 5 day travel package online for a hotel in France on March 13th and the certificate was immediately redeposited into my account. I dreaded calling in to cancel and took the chance.
Happy and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:09 pm

I’ve had to cancel 4 travel package bookings. So sad because I spent hours and hours to get them booked to begin with

Only 2 were returned to my account. I believe this is because the other 2 were manually attached.

The agent on the phone was clueless. I’ve emailed the Lurkers for assistance in getting my 2 certificate back.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedSun
Not sure if this is accurate. From what I know, any TP related activities still have to be done by the agent. There is another system in the background. Even after that TP is attached, we still can't see the TP is attached. So we are not able to detach online. Here is the SS of my booking with TP attached.

See the 2 fresh DPs below.

Granted, it is not 100% working but it seems if the initial bookings were done smoothly, i.e. thru the standard procedures by a competent rep, the system now recognize the cert and treat it the same as the CC FN cert at booking cancellation.

That is an improvement to me.

Originally Posted by jtp1947
I canceled a 5 day travel package online for a hotel in France on March 13th and the certificate was immediately redeposited into my account. I dreaded calling in to cancel and took the chance.
Originally Posted by potm
I’ve had to cancel 4 travel package bookings. So sad because I spent hours and hours to get them booked to begin with

Only 2 were returned to my account. I believe this is because the other 2 were manually attached.

The agent on the phone was clueless. I’ve emailed the Lurkers for assistance in getting my 2 certificate back.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Happy
See the 2 fresh DPs below.

Granted, it is not 100% working but it seems if the initial bookings were done smoothly, i.e. thru the standard procedures by a competent rep, the system now recognize the cert and treat it the same as the CC FN cert at booking cancellation.

That is an improvement to me.
I'd say it is possible.

I made my bookings recently by calling the Marriott Elite line. The rep was knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was asking. Still she could not do it. So she called her supervisor. The supervisor called another department and attached the TP. So I'd say all three parties are competent. She verified the TP numbers and the reservation numbers.

But I figure if I cancel the bookings, the hidden TPs will go back to my account automatically.

So I'd like to know of those DPs to see if they show the TPs are correctly attached, not just attached in the background.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
We called Marriott Rewards today to see if they'd be willing to let us change dates on a hotel that went up from cat 4 to cat 5. As expected, they said no. They said as soon as there were any changes, we'd be unable to use at that hotel. And we could not use additional points to pay for the difference. They asked a supervisor (supposedly) and got the same answer. I was asking one more question, and the call magically got disconnected. "He hung up on us!" said my wife. I guess we've been bonvoyed.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
We called Marriott Rewards today to see if they'd be willing to let us change dates on a hotel that went up from cat 4 to cat 5. As expected, they said no. They said as soon as there were any changes, we'd be unable to use at that hotel. And we could not use additional points to pay for the difference. They asked a supervisor (supposedly) and got the same answer. I was asking one more question, and the call magically got disconnected. "He hung up on us!" said my wife. I guess we've been bonvoyed.
This particular situation is difficult because Marriott's IT can't handle that so they can't do anything about it. However, if it's coronavirus related it might be an idea to try to contact the lurkers here to see if there's anything they can do.

Also not all CSR are nice, they have hung up on me more than once. Call again until you find someone you are comfortable dealing with.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:59 am
kkl

Originally Posted by RedSun
I'd say it is possible.

I made my bookings recently by calling the Marriott Elite line. The rep was knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was asking. Still she could not do it. So she called her supervisor. The supervisor called another department and attached the TP. So I'd say all three parties are competent. She verified the TP numbers and the reservation numbers.

But I figure if I cancel the bookings, the hidden TPs will go back to my account automatically.

So I'd like to know of those DPs to see if they show the TPs are correctly attached, not just attached in the background.
Do not cancel reservations with certs attached. It will auto cancel certs and refund points

need to call up to manually detach cert before cancelling
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by kkl
Do not cancel reservations with certs attached. It will auto cancel certs and refund points

need to call up to manually detach cert before cancelling
You are correct. It is always recommended to call up the agents to attach and detach those TPs. It may take some time. But it will get done.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Previously extended certs won’t get new expiration date

I called in to cancel a reservation with a 7-night Cat 4 voucher attached due to COVID-19. The voucher was supposed to expire last year but Marriott extended it out a year and is now expected to expire June 2020. I was hoping Marriott would push out the date to 2021 as was the case with my AMEX free night certs but they were unwilling to budge because of previous extension.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by tigerwong
I called in to cancel a reservation with a 7-night Cat 4 voucher attached due to COVID-19. The voucher was supposed to expire last year but Marriott extended it out a year and is now expected to expire June 2020. I was hoping Marriott would push out the date to 2021 as was the case with my AMEX free night certs but they were unwilling to budge because of previous extension.
That really, really sucks
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
they said they would do that automatically. This is from their Email and it covers travel package certificates. I assume the agent was just ill-informed.

Lastly, Members who currently have an active Free Night Award (FNA) expiring in 2020 as part of their credit card benefit, annual choice benefit, promotions or travel package will be able to use it through January 31, 2021. The system will automatically complete the updates by the end of April 2020.
Happy and margarita girl like this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Too bad that Marriott was unwilling to accommodate you.
My bold.
Have a question re credit card free night. Do you know (or anyone else) if a Chase Visa Signature card free night gets extended? Where can I find that info? By calling only?

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Too bad that Marriott was unwilling to accommodate you.
My bold.
Have a question re credit card free night. Do you know (or anyone else) if a Chase Visa Signature card free night gets extended? Where can I find that info? By calling only?

Thanks
Read cfischer's post directly above yours. Should be done automatically.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
That really, really sucks
i dont understand why you even trust clueless bonvoy agents at this point. they were terrible before COVID and even worse after. they have no idea whats happening. since youre at home, i encourage you to go read all the super informative posts above yours since FT members are much smarter than bonvoy agents. the marriott PR was very clear on this issue.

also, here are some doc posts with useful comments:
Marriott To Extend Free Night Certificates Until January 31st, 2021
Marriott Announces COVID-19 Response: Cancellation Policy, Award Certificates Extended & More
Happy and margarita girl like this.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Mar 29, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.