Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Water Issues at a Hotel (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Water Issues at a Hotel (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Clhawks
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, NC
Well, that narrows it down to the 52 Fairfields in NC. Unfortunately, Marriott's website won't let me filter by no new vacuum.

David

p.s. Quick peek at Aimbridge for NC shows 2 Fairfields: Asheboro and Charlotte Monroe
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Aimbridge's website says that they manage "approximately 1,500 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries."

I recognize a number of hotels on their list and have stayed at some of them. But I don't know how long Aimbridge has been managing each hotel, so I'm not certain if I've experienced their management in particular.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Mar 16, 2022 at 3:29 am
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Clhawks Thanks for the warning. I would imagine with the staffing shortages throughout the industry, your best bet might be to seek employment at a different hotel in your area. The problems with the property and the management companies approach to handling them is beyond what you will be able to address as an employee. Life is short. Go seek a better job. Good Luck!

--Jon
dgreen12 and TravisMT81 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
As somebody who worked at an Aimbridge property, I will also testify that in the world of franchising they are the worst of the worst. Basically strip mining the properties until there is nothing left while putting the literal bare minimum into the buildings and nothing into their people. They hire idiot GMs that as long as they hit their P&L numbers do what they please without much in the way of checks and balances. Over the past ten years they have grown tremendously which is great for the people at the top but is absolutely a big zero for the staffs that work at the properties or the guests who stay in their hotels.

If possible, 100% avoid.
dgreen12 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
As somebody who worked at an Aimbridge property, I will also testify that in the world of franchising they are the worst of the worst. Basically strip mining the properties until there is nothing left while putting the literal bare minimum into the buildings and nothing into their people. They hire idiot GMs that as long as they hit their P&L numbers do what they please without much in the way of checks and balances. Over the past ten years they have grown tremendously which is great for the people at the top but is absolutely a big zero for the staffs that work at the properties or the guests who stay in their hotels.

If possible, 100% avoid.
Shame that we can't filter by operators on the marriott site.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Shame that we can't filter by operators on the marriott site.
Yah, but you can go to the Aimbridge site (Aimbridge Hospitality | Locations | Hospitality Online) after having done your searching elsewhere to see if they run the hotel(s) that you're considering staying at.

David

p.s. Many are not Marriott brands and, of those of the Marriott brand variety, most of them are in the Select (Courtyard, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, AC Hotels, Aloft) and Longer Stay (Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Element) categories.

Last edited by DELee; Mar 16, 2022 at 1:53 pm
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Yah, but you can go to the Aimbridge site (Aimbridge Hospitality | Locations | Hospitality Online) after having done your searching elsewhere to see if they run the hotel(s) that you're considering staying at.

David

p.s. Many are not Marriott brands and, of those of the Marriott brand variety, most of them are in the Select (Courtyard, Four Points, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, AC Hotels, Aloft) and Longer Stay (Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Element) categories.
AFAICT you can't search the Aimbridge list. You apparently must just scroll down to the state and then skim the entire list of properties for that state, where they don't seem to be arranged in any obvious order (brand, alphabetical by location, etc.).
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAICT you can't search the Aimbridge list. You apparently must just scroll down to the state and then skim the entire list of properties for that state, where they don't seem to be arranged in any obvious order (brand, alphabetical by location, etc.).
Their list is sorted by state and then city. So doing a quick in-page search by either typing the state name (e.g. Minnesota or California) or a city name (e.g. Austin or Vista), I was able to get to their list of hotels in that location.

David
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Their list is sorted by state and then city. So doing a quick in-page search by either typing the state name (e.g. Minnesota or California) or a city name (e.g. Austin or Vista), I was able to get to their list of hotels in that location.

David
It looked to me like the names of some properties start with the city while others start with the brand (or something else). I have the same problem with hotel listings like AAA: New York Hilton but Sheraton New York, Park Hyatt New York, but Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau in Buenos Aires.

There can be other anomalies in hotel names, such as (near me) some airport hotels having airport in their names, some saying MSP and others saying both MSP and MOA in random order. In some cases, you need to know the suburbs and their borders well to figure out where a hotel is located. [Is Sheraton South Hartford listed as Hartford, South Hartford, or some suburb's name? Sheraton Bloomington MN is actually in Richfield, as is Four Points.]
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It looked to me like the names of some properties start with the city while others start with the brand (or something else). I have the same problem with hotel listings like AAA: New York Hilton but Sheraton New York, Park Hyatt New York, but Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau in Buenos Aires.
I would agree that it is not obvious but unfortunately hotel names are quite often built to emphasize a larger city/location instead of really where the hotel is. Example: Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside is actually in Culver City.

David
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by KRSW
Looks like they're A LOT bigger than just Indianapolis: https://www.hospitalityonline.com/ai...lity/locations I'm comparing their list of hotels vs. ones I've stayed at. There were only two of their properties I've stayed at and I wouldn't stay at those two particular properties again. Those two also happen to have some of the lowest ratings on Marriott's site for that area...which kind of lends credibility to Clhawks post.
One of the "upscale" Hilton hotels near me is on the list. It had unsightly graffiti on the front of the property that remained for over a month. The municipality had to threaten them with for blight fines before they finally painted it over.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
The Fairfield Inn and Suites - Airport in San Jose, CA is on the list. In the past we did a park & fly from there. It's pretty ho-hummy and in desperate need of a refresh but they had shuttle service and it was clean for a one-night stay after returning from overseas. Subway sandwiches and Starbucks located in the same center. We haven't flown from there since Covid, and our next trip is out of SFO, so we'll be bypassing it. I seem to recall the prices were getting higher so we were going to switch to the Double Tree.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:40 am

No hot water - what is reasonable compensation?

After the first night of a 5-night award stay at a Luxury Collection hotel, we could not have a shower since there was no hot water in the whole hotel; ended up sponging ourselves with a kettle full of hot water.

Would it be OK to ask for some compensation? What would be a reasonable compensation? If it matters at all, I am a Titanium member.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by puchong
After the first night of a 5-night award stay at a Luxury Collection hotel, we could not have a shower since there was no hot water in the whole hotel; ended up sponging ourselves with a kettle full of hot water.

Would it be OK to ask for some compensation? What would be a reasonable compensation? If it matters at all, I am a Titanium member.
If it was a whole hotel issue, I think it depends how long it went on for and how inconvenienced you were. I think this happened to me at the Alfonso in Seville and I honestly didn’t mind, as it was a short period and they were apologetic (an awful woman was also mouthing off at reception in a very entitled and rude manner, so I also felt they had suffered enough). If it caused significant disruption to your day/stay, I do think it’s reasonable to ask for some compensation - maybe a few points or some free drinks or something? I would have something in mind before you talk to the front desk.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:35 am

If no hot water is for more than a couple hours especially during evening or morning, I would ask for a comp night or equivalent in points.
nacho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.