Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Room Block towards Ambassador Spend Requirement

I'm booking a 60 room block for a couple of nights at a full service Marriott. I know I'll get some elite nights out of the deal but I'm curious...does any of my $25k in spend go towards my ambassador qualification?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:43 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dparkinson
I'm booking a 60 room block for a couple of nights at a full service Marriott. I know I'll get some elite nights out of the deal but I'm curious...does any of my $25k in spend go towards my ambassador qualification?
No. Group/event spend is not eligible towards Ambassador qualification. Only spend at hotels where you stay in your own name (up to 3 rooms) is eligible as per the T&C.

You may consider booking a room or two in your own name/account outside the group room block and transfer some F&B spend to your room. That would qualify. That is what I do in such circumstances.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:05 pm

Sightly off topic, but it kills me that we don't get points or count toward qualified spend for "resort fees".
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Talking FINALLY, Spend Tracker Showed Up On Web Site

Today, after what seemed like an endless wait, a spend tracker finally showed up on the web site. It does not resemble the circular configuration that others have shown from the app, but it looks accurate to me. Maybe the hapless Marriott IT dept is finally showing some signs of competence.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: QF,VA Plat
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Today, after what seemed like an endless wait, a spend tracker finally showed up on the web site. It does not resemble the circular configuration that others have shown from the app, but it looks accurate to me. Maybe the hapless Marriott IT dept is finally showing some signs of competence.
Having worked in such projects, I think it's important to note that the ability of the IT department to implement feature enhancements is almost entirely limited by management's budgets for such. The actual project managers and developers may be 100% competent, but they only work on features in the order they are prioritised by the product/program managers. These program managers are probably focused on what the Bonvoy program overall is asking for from a top level, with "minor" items like fixing spend counters lower in their priority list and only taken care of when there's a free cycle.

So feedback is best placed as high up as possible - getting upper management to resource these IT projects better so that there's time and money to implement small features too, not just the big projects driven by the Marketing team.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Where are you seeing it?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Southwest Companion, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Where are you seeing it?
It is appearing on the account overview page
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Hello. Has anyone who requalified for Ambassador this year had their tracker update to reflect Ambassador service through 2021?

I requalified a month or so ago, and my apps say "Enjoy Ambassador Service through 01/2020" (iOS) and "Enjoy Ambassador Service through 01/31/2020" (Android).
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
no change yet

Originally Posted by lbbzman
Hello. Has anyone who requalified for Ambassador this year had their tracker update to reflect Ambassador service through 2021?

I requalified a month or so ago, and my apps say "Enjoy Ambassador Service through 01/2020" (iOS) and "Enjoy Ambassador Service through 01/31/2020" (Android).
Also have not seen a change yet to reflect re-qualifying for next year.
lbbzman likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Tracking revenue for Ambassador?

How do you figure out how much you have spent at Marriott for the year towards the $20,000 requirement for Ambassador?
I am going to be close this year and I would like to know.
I don't see it anywhere on the app or the website.

I called the Elite Support phone number and they didn't know either.
The lady told me room revenue counts, valet fees, restaurant bills, etc. Just remove all taxes, that doesn't count.
I don't want to go through every individual bill and minus off the taxes. Those bills have 20-30 lines on them each.

Shouldn't there just be a counter on your activity that shows your progress towards $20,000 each year?

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
I wrote the above while I was waiting on hold.
Elite support lady reached out to a supervisor who was able pull up the info under "Elite Qualifying Revenue" or something like that.

But she confirmed that it is not on the app or the website. It should be, but it is not.
Does anyone else know how to get this info? Or is the only way to know is to call support and ask?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
For me, a non-Ambassador elite, my YTD qualifying spend would show up in two places: My account summary (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi) when accessing my account via the web as well as the app.

Right now, YTD spend is only available on the app for me:

David
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:04 pm
Suspended

My qualified spending shows up on both my iOS iPad app and my Android phone app. I’d suggest deleting your app and reinstalling the newest version to see if that helps. Marriott IT isn’t so great normally, as well, but they aren’t likely to fix any glitches in the midst of massive furloughs and this pandemic crisis.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: Yes
You can do two things

Submit a ticket to your ambassador requesting your YTD EQD.

Download all of your stay folios and rally the room rate and eligible charges.

Compare the two to make sure Marriott didn’t make an error.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Submit a ticket to your ambassador requesting your YTD EQD.
I don’t think the OP is a current Ambassador elite yet, so this wouldn’t be an option!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.