Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ethernal
Has anyone figured out a way for existing Ambassador elites to view their spend on either the web or the app? This is getting ridiculous...
No. I requalified for Ambassador for next year also and still nothing.

I keep a spreadsheet for point and spend accounting.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Base room rate only, excluding taxes and fees. It's going to be way less than actual spend.
that's a 44% tax rate though. Theres no way I can imagine someone having only 4500 spend on 8k worth of total spend.

My general rule of thumb is to take total spend and knock 20% off. That covers taxes, fees and misc F&B for the most part (assuming you dont run up crazy food, drink or spa type expenses)
Old May 20, 2019, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Antarius
that's a 44% tax rate though. Theres no way I can imagine someone having only 4500 spend on 8k worth of total spend.

My general rule of thumb is to take total spend and knock 20% off. That covers taxes, fees and misc F&B for the most part (assuming you dont run up crazy food, drink or spa type expenses)
I don't understand this comment.

At certain properties I spend quite a bit on restaurant, spa, and car service. When you add that to taxes and fees (which are in the 15-20% range in many of places), the gap can easily be in the 30-50% range.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At certain properties I spend quite a bit on restaurant, spa, and car service. When you add that to taxes and fees (which are in the 15-20% range in many of places), the gap can easily be in the 30-50% range.
I mean, it is possible. I was saying personally + my experience with others I have traveled with/seen is that the number isn't consistently 40+%.

So my first reaction was that the spend tracking was off
Old May 20, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I mean, it is possible. I was saying personally + my experience with others I have traveled with/seen is that the number isn't consistently 40+%.

So my first reaction was that the spend tracking was off
I think we may be calculating differently. I'm referring to 40% of the base rate, not 40% of the final price.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:22 am

my last stay in India rate was 9000inr per night x 7 nights plus 9500inr for airport transport plus 18970inr for meals (all not including tax). I got 12120 base points which is $1212 usd spend. So the hotel used an fx rate of around 74inr (instead of actual rate around 70inr). My credit card was a little over $1500 usd with taxes and everything. So it appeared that this stay included my restaurant spend.

I have others but shorter stay and less in house charges makes it hard to track.

It is what it is, probably not going to hit $20k anyways even though I’ll hit 100 nights.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Where is this mythical spend tracker? I've stayed over 75 paid nights and nothing.
I am Titanium with 34 nights so far this year. I don't see my spend towards Ambassador Elite in the Android APP either. Ironically though, the information is there, just not displayed. If you use AwardWallet, the $ & Nights towards Ambassador Elite Status is extracted from Bonvoy when it does it's updates.

James
Old May 20, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I am Titanium with 34 nights so far this year. I don't see my spend towards Ambassador Elite in the Android APP either. Ironically though, the information is there, just not displayed. If you use AwardWallet, the $ & Nights towards Ambassador Elite Status is extracted from Bonvoy when it does it's updates.

James
Interesting.. I wonder if that is driven by the receipt history (i.e., base points which may not equal qualifying dollars) or if it's pulling some sort of API to get the information.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Interesting.. I wonder if that is driven by the receipt history (i.e., base points which may not equal qualifying dollars) or if it's pulling some sort of API to get the information.
Hmm, I just signed up for AwardWallet to see what it said, and I see: Ambassador Qualifying Dollars:$20,000 Ambassador Qualifying Nights:100

So, I'm thinking my counter is stuck for some reason...
Old May 26, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
If that’s the case I should keep my mouth shut because my base points divided by 10 is my spend amount (with a rounding error) per the app and most of my stays I eat on property and definitely include lots of restaurant charges.
Marriott's fabulous IT in action.
Okay, I just had a stay post and the spend included restaurant. I'm not complaining, just wish there was some consistency here.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:54 pm

I just recently noticed the nights and spend towards Ambassador are available in the APP. Click on "Nights this Year" below the progress bar and it will pop up with the details.

Award Wallet is matching exactly what is showing in Bonvoy so it is correctly extracting the information.

James
Old May 26, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I just recently noticed the nights and spend towards Ambassador are available in the APP. Click on "Nights this Year" below the progress bar and it will pop up with the details.

Award Wallet is matching exactly what is showing in Bonvoy so it is correctly extracting the information.

James
It does, but not if you're already an Ambassador. Mine shows nothing.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:12 pm

That I did not know.

James
Old May 26, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
My app shows my spend as well as my Ambassador status.
acrophobia likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl

My app shows my spend as well as my Ambassador status.
The difference may be that Antarius has already qualified for Ambassador for 2020. Have you also qualified for 2020?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.