Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DELee
For me, a non-Ambassador elite, my YTD qualifying spend would show up in two places: My account summary (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi) when accessing my account via the web as well as the app.

Right now, YTD spend is only available on the app for me:

David
ok, that might be why I don't see the revenue total. I am currently platinum level. It might only show revenue towards Ambassador for people currently Titanium or Ambassador. That sort of makes sense that only someone at Titanium level would need to know about the $20,000 revenue requirement for the next level. Or current Ambassador level people would track it to keep it. We will see if it shows up for me on the app/website when I reach Titanium level next month.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RocketGoBoom
ok, that might be why I don't see the revenue total. I am currently platinum level. It might only show revenue towards Ambassador for people currently Titanium or Ambassador. That sort of makes sense that only someone at Titanium level would need to know about the $20,000 revenue requirement for the next level. Or current Ambassador level people would track it to keep it. We will see if it shows up for me on the app/website when I reach Titanium level next month.
Well, FWIW, the $56 is my year-to-date spend directly with Marriott. For me, that means that I am only $20,000 - $56 = $19,944 away from Ambassador status (assuming I also make 100 - 34 = 66 nights more this year...)

David
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Well, FWIW, the $56 is my year-to-date spend directly with Marriott. For me, that means that I am only $20,000 - $56 = $19,944 away from Ambassador status (assuming I also make 100 - 34 = 66 nights more this year...)

David
So did you get 30 nights so far from credit cards and 4 nights from using points?
And your $56 is just food or drinks?
Just a wild a$$ guess from me on your achievement.
You are definitely not their most profitable customer so far in 2020.

I am at 46 organic nights so far this year and I have spend about $7,000 so far according to the support line lady.
I have been using a 3% cash back card for all travel (Wells Fargo Amex Propel).
But I am now applying for the business and personal Amex cards for Bonvoy to get the 30 elite nights added.
So that will push me to 76 nights and Titanium level.
For my final 24 nights to reach 100, I have a crazy trip to Europe in July. Most of those are fully with the family, so I get 2 rooms for me, wife and 4 kids. The 100 nights isn't the issue. The revenue $20,000 is the issue. 100 - 30 cc elite nights = 70 organic nights per year. So that is about $285 per night. We the free upgrades to suites, I think most people don't hit that average of $285 per night. I will reach 70 nights with my business + personal travel. But most are me reserving the cheapest room on the app and getting upgraded.

When I travel with the family, I get 2 rooms usually. So while the 2nd room don't apply towards stays, it does apply towards the $20,000 revenue goal. The trip to Europe for a month will likely be 50% 14-15 nights in European category 6+ hotels. So I expect my revenue number to go up a lot during this trip. I will likely be at 90 nights (30 CC and 60 organic) and $15,000 or so by mid-August.

I figure within that final August-December 31st time frame I will easily reach 100 nights and probably $17,000 without even trying.

Last edited by RocketGoBoom; Jun 13, 2020 at 6:12 pm
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So did you get 30 nights so far from credit cards and 4 nights from using points?
And your $56 is just food or drinks?
Just a wild a$$ guess from me on your achievement.
You are definitely not their most profitable customer so far in 2020.
4 nights paid through a group rate. And, yes, 30 nights through the heritage Marriott Platinum Visa ('tho remember that 15 were from the annual nights that accompany the card).

And, yes, $54 is a pitiful amount for 2020.

However, having made Lifetime Titanium, I wasn't always as non-spendy. Been rather annoyed at the lack of incentive/Megabonii promotions over the past year so I've severely shifted my nights and spend away from Marriott for now - as well as not a huge amount of travel for at least one reason...

David
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:19 pm
Suspended

4 nights paid through a group rate. And, yes, 30 nights through the heritage Marriott Platinum Visa ('tho remember that 15 were from the annual nights that accompany the card).

And, yes, $54 is a pitiful amount for 2020.

However, having made Lifetime Titanium, I wasn't always as non-spendy. Been rather annoyed at the lack of incentive/Megabonii promotions over the past year so I've severely shifted my nights and spend away from Marriott for now - as well as not a huge amount of travel for at least one reason...

David
I will be at 90 nights (30 via credit cards and 60 organic) by the middle of August. My annual spend will be around $15,000 at that time.

When I travel on business, I stay cheap (SpringHill, Residence Inn, Courtyard, Fairfield,etc) and just get the upgrades. When I travel with wife and 4 kids, we stay at Category 6-8. This year as kids have gotten older, we usually get 2 rooms, so that is driving my revenue spend amount up this year. I had one last weekend where my teenage daughter brought 4 girlfriends to a category 8, so I just got them their own room, which was upgraded for them to a gorgeous suite.

I have consumed 0 points this year. Saving points for something huge. I figure I will easily reach 100 elite nights with around $17,000 spend. I will likely be at 110-120 nights by the end of the year and $19,000 spend. I am thinking about just slight increasing the quality of hotels I pick and trigger the $20,000 this year.

Last edited by RocketGoBoom; Jun 13, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm surprised no one has said this yet, so I will be the one: Not worth tracking IMO. I've gotten absolutely zero from being Ambassador. Still have to fight for a decent room a good percentage of the time, just as before.

That said, the information should be available through the iOS App (it is, and previously was, for me). I seem to recall others reporting this problem, i.e., another example of Marriott's glorious IT.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:34 am

As an alternative to adding up all your folios, can’t you just add up your qualifying ‘base points’ and divide by ten? It’s easy to see that info in your account activity. All international stays not paid in USD are converted to USD to calculate base points. I always thought taxes were excluded from that.
RocketGoBoom likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm surprised no one has said this yet, so I will be the one: Not worth tracking IMO. I've gotten absolutely zero from being Ambassador. Still have to fight for a decent room a good percentage of the time, just as before.

That said, the information should be available through the iOS App (it is, and previously was, for me). I seem to recall others reporting this problem, i.e., another example of Marriott's glorious IT.
I have gotten plenty of suite upgrades even with just Platinum level. I would say well over 50% of the time. This weekend (Friday night), I didn't get a suite upgrade. I actually asked why not, because I had seen suites available on the app Friday morning before I arrived. The front desk manager told me she ran out of suites at the Titanium level. Not sure if that is true, but it seems plausible. The hotel was fairly crowded that night and the pool was packed.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I have gotten plenty of suite upgrades even with just Platinum level.
I'm not sure what that has to do with Ambassador benefits. Having spent quite a few years at various Marriott elite levels, I see no meaningful benefit beyond Titanium. They don't even assign Ambassadors any more.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
As an alternative to adding up all your folios, can’t you just add up your qualifying ‘base points’ and divide by ten?
Unless some of your stays were at properties that only provide five points per dollar, such as Residence Inns.

I that case, your true spend will be understated.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
As an alternative to adding up all your folios, can’t you just add up your qualifying ‘base points’ and divide by ten? It’s easy to see that info in your account activity. All international stays not paid in USD are converted to USD to calculate base points. I always thought taxes were excluded from that.
The problem with this is that some brands only give points at half the standard rate. There might also be some types of room charges that don't earn points but do count for spend; this has never been clear to me and I've never seen a really good statement of how spend is defined for this purpose. Hotels tend to make mistakes here or do things inconsistently.

In the past, spend was supposed to appear in one's account after staying 50 nights for the year. YMMV.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I started here in February:

Got to here in late March:
Now, at the end of June, I've spent a bit more but still on track to not ever never qualify for Ambassador in 2019:
If anyone else is shooting for el low waterline spend, please post!

David
Well, just as a follow up, I ended up at $3,442 spend in 2019 for 80 nights.

David
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm not sure what that has to do with Ambassador benefits. Having spent quite a few years at various Marriott elite levels, I see no meaningful benefit beyond Titanium. They don't even assign Ambassadors any more.
My last Ambassador contact was concerning missing point in Maldives. She was more interested to send me about the deadline of my Ambassador level than fix the missing points.
Also she did not understand points advance booking pre-peak season rules, so gave up and pay instead to explain what to do.
I will not see much difference as a Titanium probably.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Jun 14, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Unless some of your stays were at properties that only provide five points per dollar, such as Residence Inns.

I that case, your true spend will be understated.
Ah yes, of course.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

David
Well, by sometime late July, apparently I will be (75 - (34 + 38) =) 3 nights shy of requalifying for Titanium: And, unless I have any stays the rest of this year, might be able to hold to the $56 total spend for 2020...

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.