Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I haven't been able to see my spend, even with well over 50 nights, but yesterday my Ambassador confirmed that I've requalified. Ambassadors can apparently easily see spend (exactly) even if we can't.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Y
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I haven't been able to see my spend, even with well over 50 nights, but yesterday my Ambassador confirmed that I've requalified. Ambassadors can apparently easily see spend (exactly) even if we can't.
I found that I can see my spend on the iOS app (installed it on an ipad). My android phone and the website vanished when I made Ambassador last year.

My YTD page on an iPad

But idiotic that it doesn’t work online and on the platform with the largest mobile user base.
C17PSGR likes this.

Last edited by Antarius; Jun 29, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Antarius
Y

I found that I can see my spend on the iOS app (installed it on an ipad). My android phone and the website vanished when I made Ambassador last year.

My YTD page on an iPad

But idiotic that it doesn’t work online and on the platform with the largest mobile user base.
I think some have reported that Android users who are not already Ambassadors can see their spend.

Bizarre.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I think some have reported that Android users who are not already Ambassadors can see their spend.

Bizarre.
That's me too! I guess I will always see it as I minimize my spend to Titanium. I have no intention of ever committing $20K of my own after-tax money for an Ambassador.

James
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Karma seems to have struck those who criticize those who have (mostly) left Marriott...lol
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Y

My YTD page on an iPad

Why doesn't it indicate that you have Ambassador through 01/2021, not just 2020, which would be the status you earned last year?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why doesn't it indicate that you have Ambassador through 01/2021, not just 2020, which would be the status you earned last year?
No idea. Ever since I hit Amb last year post merger, it changed to that and the dials vanished.

It should be 2021.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spend just showed up in the Android App today.
TerryK, C17PSGR and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
for me too. Now I'm curious how it compares to my spreadsheet. The spend showing on the app looks a bit on the high side but I haven't looked at the spreadsheet in a few days and we'll have to check when I get back off the road.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
for me too. Now I'm curious how it compares to my spreadsheet. The spend showing on the app looks a bit on the high side but I haven't looked at the spreadsheet in a few days and we'll have to check when I get back off the road.
Mine is within 7 USD. ^
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Same here. About damn time. Incidentally at $19,997 in spend... should have had one more drink at Solaz this past weekend apparently.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
Same here. About damn time. Incidentally at $19,997 in spend... should have had one more drink at Solaz this past weekend apparently.
One more sip? 😉 lol
ethernal likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ethernal
Wouldn't that put you over by $100?

David
ethernal likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DELee
Wouldn't that put you over by $100?

David
Yes, but that's before considering the questionable "exchange rates" Marriott uses in calculating non-USD spend amounts...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:26 pm

I made a spreadsheet for this year since there seemed to be a lot of angst about points crediting properly.

Now that I have the total in my app, I have compared to the spreadsheet which includes a mix of stays in the US, Europe, and South America. The app shows spend that is slightly higher than I'm tracking in the spreadsheet based on actual invoices. Not sure I understand but maybe some is from a checkout on New Years Day where the nights were credited to last year and perhaps getting credit for VAT in European properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.