Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : Year-to-date spend tracker for Ambassador qualification

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by controller1
The difference may be that Antarius has already qualified for Ambassador for 2020. Have you also qualified for 2020?
Not even close. 50 nights (including 15 cc nights) and less than $3000 spend.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by controller1
The difference may be that Antarius has already qualified for Ambassador for 2020. Have you also qualified for 2020?
Mine never showed though. I qualified for Ambassador last year. Jan 1, everything reset and it still did not show anything. I do not have a Marriott official spend tracker for 2020 Ambassador. Just my own tracker.

Probably just their IT system being daft.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I just recently noticed the nights and spend towards Ambassador are available in the APP. Click on "Nights this Year" below the progress bar and it will pop up with the details.

Award Wallet is matching exactly what is showing in Bonvoy so it is correctly extracting the information.

James
What progress bar? I do not have any progress bar. I have an icon of a guy with "Enjoy Ambassador Service through 01/31/2020". If I click on that (there is a little arrow to the right), it gives me a breakdown of nights (paid nights, redeemed nights, CC nights) with a comment that says "Renew Ambassador Elite at 100 nights." But zero detail on spend.

I am a current Ambassador Elite using the latest version of the Android app.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
What progress bar? I do not have any progress bar. I have an icon of a guy with "Enjoy Ambassador Service through 01/31/2020". If I click on that (there is a little arrow to the right), it gives me a breakdown of nights (paid nights, redeemed nights, CC nights) with a comment that says "Renew Ambassador Elite at 100 nights." But zero detail on spend.

I am a current Ambassador Elite using the latest version of the Android app.
This is what I see as well. Most ambassadors (qualified last year) are unable to see any spend (at least the ones who have posted here). @margarita girl seems to be an exception as a current Ambassador who sees their spend.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I think it's borderline criminal that Marriott is showing this to some and not to others (I have it, not that it matters), and that it works on some devices and not on others...I mean this is just pure incompetence.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I think it's borderline criminal that Marriott is showing this to some and not to others (I have it, not that it matters), and that it works on some devices and not on others...I mean this is just pure incompetence.
IT incompetence, sure. Criminal?

I still do not understand why you frequent this board still. If you hate Marriott so much and don't stay anymore, why agitate yourself over here?
Old May 27, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I just find it amusing WRT the continual defense of this company by some

Company requires a specific amount of money for a service/benefit
You engage said company and give money for said service/benefit
Company won't tell you how much money you have spent for said service/benefit

Yeah, I think that's "borderline criminal"...or how about "corporate malfeasance"?
Old May 27, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I just find it amusing WRT the continual defense of this company by some

Company requires a specific amount of money for a service/benefit
You engage said company and give money for said service/benefit
Company won't tell you how much money you have spent for said service/benefit

Yeah, I think that's "borderline criminal"...or how about "corporate malfeasance"?
Hyperbole much? You're so determined to .... on everything Marriott does, that you see anything that isn't a direct negative post as "defense of the company".

My relationship with Marriott is transactional, as is theirs with mine. I do not see how one can get so scorned by a corporation that it becomes this emotional.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm amused, have long moved on - knock yourselves out everyone who goes for it. This is one case where the grass actually can be greener on other sides.

A leadership change is in order for this company, that's for sure.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Hyperbole much? You're so determined to .... on everything Marriott does, that you see anything that isn't a direct negative post as "defense of the company".

My relationship with Marriott is transactional, as is theirs with mine. I do not see how one can get so scorned by a corporation that it becomes this emotional.
complainers will always complain. Drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Everyone that is happy with Marriott stay with Marriott. There are lots of other brands to hang out at if this brand is not for you.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Base room rate only, excluding taxes and fees. It's going to be way less than actual spend.
I thought we decided last year (although I could never find it stated officially) that most hotel spending during a stay would count, excluding taxes and tips. I remember a discussion of spas, and also the suggestion of dividing base points by 10 (if no stays at brands that only earn five).
Old May 27, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought we decided last year (although I could never find it stated officially) that most hotel spending during a stay would count, excluding taxes and tips. I remember a discussion of spas, and also the suggestion of dividing base points by 10 (if no stays at brands that only earn five).
mine appears to include everything to a reasonable variance but somewhere upthread someone mentioned only for hotel owned operations. So that’s a toss up on what that means.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
That's my understanding as well and how it worked last year by using the more generous approach from Marriott.

Now ...if current Ambassadors using the Android app could see what Marriott is tracking for spend!

It appears that spend is available for (a) Apple app users, (b) Android users who are currently not already Ambassador, but not for Android users who are Ambassador. Since Android has a 75 percent market share ....that's pretty stupid.
Antarius and ethernal like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well if you had read back a page, you'd see an active discussion of this issue.

My 95% experience has been just base room rate, nothing else. I did just have a stay at W Westwood post including restaurant. But that's an outlier for me . . . most everything is posting without restaurant or any other spend (and certainly not 10% of base points). For me that's thousands of dollars per year not being counted.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well if you had read back a page, you'd see an active discussion of this issue.

My 95% experience has been just base room rate, nothing else. I did just have a stay at W Westwood post including restaurant. But that's an outlier for me . . . most everything is posting without restaurant or any other spend (and certainly not 10% of base points). For me that's thousands of dollars per year not being counted.
I confess folks on here had me paranoid last year on points earnings and accuracy, so I put it in a spreadsheet. I regularly have incidental spend ranging from food, drinks, and spa. I'm getting credit and points for all those. In fact ...a fair amount of time, I'm getting credit and points for things specifically excluded, including tips and resort fees.
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.