Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
LTPPE
Years as Platinum: 19
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
So, is Marriott double counting matched years from one program to the other? I have 11 Plat years with SPG (which is correct). My Marriott account is showing 5 yrs as Platinum Elite or higher (accts not combined yet). AFAIK, I’ve never even achieved the old Gold Marriott status so where did that number come from? Will I have 16 yrs when I combine?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Only eight years? Did you have 2MM legacy MR points?
Yes.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CIT85
LTPPE
Years as Platinum: 19
That's crazy. 19 years of 75-plus nights per year? Wow. To think, some of the people who started as rookie hotel employees when you first achieved platinum are nearing retirement in the next five or so years.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
That's crazy. 19 years of 75-plus nights per year?
Plat counter is 50+ nights/year at this point - but nevertheless 19 years is certainly impressive!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
That's crazy. 19 years of 75-plus nights per year? Wow. To think, some of the people who started as rookie hotel employees when you first achieved platinum are nearing retirement in the next five or so years.
More likely overlapping years with Marriott and SPG. Remember with SPG you could get Plat with 50 nights, or even 25 stays.

I’ll bet when I combine my accounts, I’ll have 16 yrs of Plat status even though I never earned status with Marriott. I just realized however that I did have comp Gold status with Marriott thanks to my UA 1K status. That must be why I have 5 yrs of Plat status with Marriott.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Will I have 16 yrs when I combine?
I'd say it's likely, yes - and would be very interested to hear of your outcome when you finally do combine (someday?). My own personal view is that there were some errors in favor of members in terms of linked accounts - at the very least - and this may in part explain why there haven't been a lot of reports of years count bumping in 2019 for 2018; there's already been an over-counting to some degree for a lot of accounts (anecdotally). Of course status years counting is Marriott-proprietary, so we'll never see a full accounting of how it all shook out. And also because the T&Cs in terms of clawing back erroneous LT status is stacked in Marriott's favor, there may yet be disappointments (although that would be a pretty dicey PR move given the current state of affairs).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: CX DM / Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I’m now LTPP on the website but still show as LTP on the app. I guess the app will pick that up sometime later.
Updated to LTPPE on web, but not APP. Logged out and back in, solved the issue and now APP also reflects LTPPE

Last edited by hemz88; Jan 28, 2019 at 1:11 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA, LH, BD
3years 800nighta and 2.5m ltpp
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Kudos to Marriott IT for getting this right across legacy qualifications. Well executed.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
2) No, no, and no/no.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
updated toYou are Lifetime Platinum Elite

Had 580 Nights and over 1.8 Million pts
you should have gone for the extra 20!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
My profile has been upgraded to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite
Lifetime nights: 1033
LT years as Gold or Platinum: 21
LT years as Platinum: 14
And to think I wasn't certain if I had 10 years Platinum so made sure to get 25 stays in at SPG before merger to get another year.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
​​​mine shows ltpp now. Finally
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
There was also a sweep from LTG to LTP for those who hit their 10th year and qualified on legacy nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.