Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Marriott's privacy policy includes the ability to request all personal information.
Privacy Policy: https://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi

To obtain a copy of your personal data, click Privacy Rights, then click the link 'this form'.

FWIW: Thread about requesting Hilton data: Hilton personal information request
Print Wikipost

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:09 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Sorry, but these nonsense systems are a pure money grab at the expense of guest comfort - plain and simple. Especially in certain climates, they wind up baking guests in their own beds and flat out ruin any hopes of a decent night's sleep for some of us.
Since so many are mentioning this-

How to override your hotel’s thermostat.
This also shuts off the thermostat’s motion sensors, too

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...hot-youd-like/
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Forty hours later, you are still venting. How do you read the overall reaction to your posts?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by damon88

Since so many are mentioning this-

How to override your hotel’s thermostat.
This also shuts off the thermostat’s motion sensors, too

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...hot-youd-like/
So obviously there's more than just a single brand in circulation out there - is this a universal thing? Can't wait to try it out - thanks much!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by margarita girl

If I had to wait until 1 am to get a suite I booked and paid for, I don’t think I’d be saying “It’s OK. Mistakes happen.”
I think the hotel would be paying for my bar tab.
C17PSGR and margarita girl like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:55 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
So obviously there's more than just a single brand in circulation out there - is this a universal thing? Can't wait to try it out - thanks much!

Here’s a list of instructions for more brands:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/yourmil...-settings/amp/
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm 125-150 nights a year and not worried about the database. Although I'm curious what it may say about me. Does anyone know what its called?

And while I appreciate the legitimate issues many posters have had since 8/18, from an objective perspective they seem pretty isolated. If you want an objective perspective, I suggest you review the 3rd Quarter 10Q's and conference call transcripts from the hotel operators who operate multiple franchises. None of them are reporting any impact in RevPAR, stays, or future reservations associated with the program merger and they would have every incentive to complain.

That being said, I don't think the database has anything to do with the merger and certainly not giving any shoutouts to Arne. Communication has been poor, hotels aren't embracing or adopting the program, etc.

Here’s a list of instructions for more brands:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/yourmil...-settings/amp/

Thanks! That's helpful! I haven't noticed this issue before but can think of at least one recent stay where this might have been a problem. Obviously, its a problem in a sealed room to not have air circulation while someone is sleeping and I don't begrudge OP for raising that issue.

Also, depending on LEEDS certification levels, buildings will need to remove any individual controls as an energy conservation measure. So ... this will continue to be a trend, particularly in the newer upscale properties that attribute value to being in a LEEDS building

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 26, 2018 at 10:41 pm Reason: Deleted redacted content
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Newman

Thank you Arne Sorenson for all you have done.

Newman
Specifically what?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I think bringing the database info forward was helpful.

I do get the wrongful accusation issue. Many years ago, someone called the police in my apartment complex regarding a domestic dispute that they thought was in my apartment. Despite me providing I was out of the country (hotel bills/passport stamp/airline tickets), my apartment complex wanted to fine me. To a certain extent, this is like a 360 performance evaluation. Some of the feedback from subordinates may be biased, incorrect, or based on partial information. It does, however, provide an index of perception that we should be aware about.

But, I'm assuming a random incorrect complaint in the database will age and as someone sees you had a single complaint 4-5 years ago, it won't matter in the combination of all your nights. I've dealt with far more conflict than the average FTer and have also lived in the NYC area. While I get the importance of being direct, life's too short to be anything other than nice.

The CRM isn't just to criticize you. I suspect it has things like identifying bloggers and influencers, allergies, charter flights crews who don't want to be disturbed while traveling, etc.

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 26, 2018 at 10:48 pm Reason: Removed redacted quote
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:10 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I'm 125-150 nights a year and not worried about the database. Although I'm curious what it may say about me. Does anyone know what its called?
I believe it’s called Service Cloud- Marriott switched to Salesforce in 2018. Previously they used Oracle.

. “We have been going through a lot of change for personalisation. We are using Salesforce to anticipating guests’ needs and deliver personalised experiences to them. “The challenges are big right now, and start at acquisition. We have millions of customer interactions every day. We believe the human experience will always be the heart of hospitality, but technology can certainly enhance it."

In addition, Marriott has rolled out Service Cloud to 6700 hotels to manage all customer engagement and contact centres. Linnartz said it's now able to load customer information and preferences all around the world.

“It can be frustrating for consumers to tell us the same preferences again and again. They should only have to tell us once, and now they can," he said.

C17PSGR likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:27 pm

I believe it’s called Service Cloud- Marriott switched to Salesforce in 2018. Previously they used Oracle.

. “We have been going through a lot of change for personalisation. We are using Salesforce to anticipating guests’ needs and deliver personalised experiences to them. “The challenges are big right now, and start at acquisition. We have millions of customer interactions every day. We believe the human experience will always be the heart of hospitality, but technology can certainly enhance it."

In addition, Marriott has rolled out Service Cloud to 6700 hotels to manage all customer engagement and contact centres. Linnartz said it's now able to load customer information and preferences all around the world.

“It can be frustrating for consumers to tell us the same preferences again and again. They should only have to tell us once, and now they can," he said.

Ahh ... that's right.

https://geomarketing.com/how-marriot...-of-its-guests

I remember seeing something about this -- I believe I saw a video on this and remember thinking it was a bit creepy. Although I suppose the purpose of this is to alert the hotel that I like/don't like Alexa, that I have allergies, that I like a car service to the airport, etc.

Found the video

And ... I suspect one purpose of the CRM is to identify service failures. So, for example, if I see a PPE guest was walked this week, I may want to upgrade them to a better suite tonight. Of course, that assumes that everyone is rowing together ... which is rarely the case, although aspirational can be a good thing.
damon88 and CCIE_Flyer like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:50 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Ahh ... that's right.

I remember seeing something about this -- I believe I saw a video on this and remember thinking it was a bit creepy. Although I suppose the purpose of this is to alert the hotel that I like/don't like Alexa, that I have allergies, that I like a car service to the airport .
And more !!

your whims and wishes—Loves biking! Hates bananas!—trying to crack the profound mystery that is You

How much do they know? They want to know everything: your relationship status, your income, your allergies, your preferred brand of toothpaste, how you like your eggs—all those sundry habits, peeves, and predilections, even the ones you didn’t know you had.

A rep for a prestigious Beverly Hills hotel recalls welcoming a first-time guest to the property. “We knew very little about her before she checked in, so we searched for her online...”

At One&Only Resorts, reservation teams look up incoming guests on Twitter, work-related sites, and blogs, then draw up detailed profiles (photos included) to distribute to top-level managers. The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, meanwhile, Googles every guest two weeks prior to arrival. “We actually create a little story about them—just a paragraph or so—and share that with the heads of each department at our daily NDA [next-day arrivals] meeting,” says [the] general manager

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tra...u%3fsource=dam

I am pretty sure the googling happened to me 6 or 7 years ago at the Chateau Marmont. It is the only way I can explain the effusive greeting I received and the fact that that my husband and I (one of 4 couples checking in for a birthday celebration) were the only ones who received a (several tier up) complimentary upgrade to one of the Bungalows ( the Belushi Bungalow). I happen to share a name with (at the time) a very popular European Radio personality of roughly the same age and gender. She even has a similar hairstyle and hair color. I’m almost positive I was the benificiary of mistaken identity. (Although my awed friends attributed it to my incredibly good “hotel karma” 😉
C17PSGR and Newman like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:02 pm

And more !!

your whims and wishes—Loves biking! Hates bananas!—trying to crack the profound mystery that is You

How much do they know? They want to know everything: your relationship status, your income, your allergies, your preferred brand of toothpaste, how you like your eggs—all those sundry habits, peeves, and predilections, even the ones you didn’t know you had.

A rep for a prestigious Beverly Hills hotel recalls welcoming a first-time guest to the property. “We knew very little about her before she checked in, so we searched for her online...”

At One&Only Resorts, reservation teams look up incoming guests on Twitter, work-related sites, and blogs, then draw up detailed profiles (photos included) to distribute to top-level managers. The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, meanwhile, Googles every guest two weeks prior to arrival. “We actually create a little story about them—just a paragraph or so—and share that with the heads of each department at our daily NDA [next-day arrivals] meeting,” says [the] general manager

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tra...u%3fsource=dam

I am pretty sure the googling happened to me 6 or 7 years ago at the Chateau Marmont. It is the only way I can explain the effusive greeting I received and the fact that that my husband and I (one of 4 couples checking in for a birthday celebration) were the only ones who received a (several tier up) complimentary upgrade to one of the Bungalows ( the Belushi Bungalow). I happen to share a name with (at the time) a very popular European Radio personality of roughly the same age and gender. She even has a similar hairstyle and hair color. I’m almost positive I was the benificiary of mistaken identity. (Although my awed friends attributed it to my incredibly good “hotel karma” 😉
In the pre 8/18 days of Marriott, there were some international hotels that would greet me by name when I came in the lounge. One would bring a latte automatically when I sat down for breakfast and another would bring a gin & tonic when I came in during the evening.

And, of course, there are some properties who circulate pictures of guests to staff so they can be greeted by name.

That being said, I'm not personally thrilled about hotel staff having all my info although its a balance.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Even Mastro’s and Fleming’s steakhouses have such customer management systems to keep track of guest details and preferences—and complaints. I’ve seen my list at one of those—it was hilarious to me. Reminded me of all the complaints and issues I most commonly have at restaurants: timing is critical, always medium rare and warm red center, don’t overpour glasses from purchased or BYO bottles of wine, allergies, always serve my Manhattans up, don’t bump into my chairs/booth, seat me with some decent space, I am demanding, I am fun, I have a twisted sense of humor, I can be loud, etc.

All true. But I’d rather my server know all that in advance so they can provide the appropriate service and get the concomitant great tip.

Just as I’m not terribly bothered by hotels keeping track of us. It’s inevitable. And it’s more helpful than it isn’t. As noted before, an ill-intended criticism from some disgruntled employee should and will get buried by other positive or constructive comments for anyone who stays often enough. If one has so many negative comments that don’t get buried despite so many stays, then it seems like the right message is actually being delivered.

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 26, 2018 at 10:50 pm Reason: Removed OT content
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It works on that generation of thermostats. Most newer hotel thermostats have some type of override. As for motion detectors, a helium balloon (available in the floral department at a nearby grocery store) usually does the trick.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
It works on that generation of thermostats. Most newer hotel thermostats have some type of override. As for motion detectors, a helium balloon (available in the floral department at a nearby grocery store) usually does the trick.
Really? I thought about starting to travel with a small rotary fan or something but then thought better of it because motion sensor technology usually involves a combination of heat + motion. So the balloon trick surprises me. But I am enjoying the visual of walking through the hotel lobby all alone with a balloon bouncing through the air!
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.