Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Marriott's privacy policy includes the ability to request all personal information.
Privacy Policy: https://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi

To obtain a copy of your personal data, click Privacy Rights, then click the link 'this form'.

FWIW: Thread about requesting Hilton data: Hilton personal information request
Print Wikipost

Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Yes
Here is the link for US based residents:

https://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi
darthbimmer likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
It work both ways I believe? they will put any praise on that system as well?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
A quick update...

After e-mailing the [email protected] e-mail address yesterday requesting the disclosure of my personal information under the California's Consumer Privacy Act I got a response in under 24 hours redirecting me to a 3rd party portal to "manage" the case. The initial steps are to "prove" that I am who I say I am with a note that the statutory time limit for them to furnish said data does not begin until I provide the verification information.

Based on what I've read Marriott is obligated to provide the information within 45 days (they can apparently stall for an additional 45 days if they let me know within the initial period). As far as removing information (or derogatory comments) I believe Marriott has to delete said comments upon request under the CCPA.

Either way, this is more of an intellectual exercise then anything else although I'm curious now what kind of notes the W Maldives left about myself and my unruly "free ice cream" devouring spawn this past summer!

I'll report back on the process as things develop.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I imagine they will not show you your complete file
It's going to look like the FOIA releases of the Warren Commission notes.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Requested my release today, not a CA resident. However I have dual citizenship so I wonder if I could force things through EU laws? Really just curious to what they are saying or leaving on there rather than interested in deleting much as I have been generally treated fairly well, other than the usual hiccups with Bonvoy (of which there are so many it is hard to list them all).
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I think this is a good thing... I hope that it actually lasts so properties can cater to likes. Again, I've had almost wonderful stays on property. Just bad HQ CS and IT.

I miss many properties that once seemed to know my habits not know anymore. One GM from Starwood said a lot of that customer specific data was lost during integration
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:09 pm

I received my report today. No "Marty the Martian" style "Kabooms" contained within but here are the highlights.
  • Roughly 450 pdf'd pages worth of stuff.
  • The bulk of the data is screen captures from the internal CRM system with some contact information data redacted.
  • There are several fields with "Banned" and "Banned from Property date" labels in the CRM system (no, none were checked for me!). Clearly I'm not enough of an a-hole to get one of those?!
  • A full record of my stays & points awarded, looked like an HTML based report that was run.
  • A full record of the various cross-over promotions & points awarded.
  • A note that I hold a premium amex on every CRM screen capture (my guess is this is a legacy starwood entry)
  • The report started with a straight SQL query table dump, nothing exciting here, just contact information and contact preferences.
The "juicy" stuff would be contained in the screen captures from the CRM system. Literally EVERY service request you've ever made at any property (if they logged it) is going to be in there. Lots of "guest" requested extra towels type stuff. The highlight of my CRM entries was probably that a phone csr paraphrased my thoughts on trying to get the W Maldives to correctly credit night & points after a 2 week stay. "The guest called dealing with the property staff for resolution a S*** SHOW". It was unredacted! The Westin Cancun also apparently did not appreciate my tone when I upset that their wireless internet worked about 20% of the time and that my room had no electricity a couple of different times throughout my stay.

In conclusion, yes negative stuff can make it into those CRM entries but I highly doubt ANY hotel ever looks at them again after checkout. I literally had hundreds of entries ranging from "guest did not receive stay credit" to "guest requested more TP"

Last edited by bubu-SNA; Mar 23, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
I received my report today. No "Marty the Martian" style "Kabooms" contained within but here are the highlights.
  • The bulk of the data is screen captures from the internal CRM system with some contact information data redacted.
  • There are several fields with "Banned" and "Banned from Property date" labels in the CRM system (no, none were checked for me!). Clearly I'm not enough of an a-hole to get one of those?!
  • A full record of my stays & points awarded, looked like an HTML based report that was run.
  • A full record of the various cross-over promotions & points awarded.
  • A note that I hold a premium amex on every CRM screen capture (my guess is this is a legacy starwood entry)
  • The report started with a straight SQL query table dump, nothing exciting here, just contact information and contact preferences.
The "juicy" stuff would be contained in the screen captures from the CRM system. Literally EVERY service request you've ever made at any property (if they logged it) is going to be in there. Lots of "guest" requested extra towels type stuff. The highlight of my CRM entries was probably that a phone csr paraphrased my thoughts on trying to get the W Maldives to correctly credit night & points after a 2 week stay. "The guest called dealing with the property staff for resolution a S*** SHOW". It was unredacted! The Westin Cancun also apparently did not appreciate my tone when I upset that their wireless internet worked about 20% of the time and that my room had no electricity a couple of different times throughout my stay.

In conclusion, yes negative stuff can make it into those CRM entries but I highly doubt ANY hotel ever looks at them again after checkout. I literally had hundreds of entries ranging from "guest did not receive stay credit" to "guest requested more TP"

450 pages can make for a whole bunch of TP....

David
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by DELee
450 pages can make for a whole bunch of TP....

David
Especially given the shortages!
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:19 pm

indeed...but that'd create yet another request for clogged toilet
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:37 pm

Hmmm... I kind of want to do it just to bring back some good ole SPG memories! Pour a glass of wine and start reading - it would be like " oh yeah..........I remember that stay; I remember that trip and just start daydreaming what life used to be like"
cawhite and margarita girl like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA

After a two week wait, they advised they will need an additional 45 days to continue compiling my report. It is currently at 3,100+ pages. I hope none of it is bad!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by damnyourefine

After a two week wait, they advised they will need an additional 45 days to continue compiling my report. It is currently at 3,100+ pages. I hope none of it is bad!
I got mine back in August. It was 7620 pages! I think every BRG I ever submitted was in there. The only juicy tidbit was about me refusing to pay a resort fee, but no idea which hotel put it in there.

(There was a lot of duplicated stuff though,)

All the chats with the different hotels were listed. I’m glad I didn’t come across the box “Fraudulent Activity Suspected” being ticked off!

Anyone know what “Engagement Level: Level 3” means? Is that good or bad???

My FT handle was also listed as well as “HNLWKI” being my favourite property. Presumably that’s Sheraton Waikiki
SPN Lifer and anteater like this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Apr 2, 2020 at 5:32 am
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl

My FT handle was also listed
This is an interesting tidbit. Curious if you had ever voluntarily provided, or perhaps had interaction with a Marriott or SPG lurker that would have documented it? Any other way they learned and documented it would bother me a little.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k
With all of Marriott's data breaches, you think someone would leak this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.