Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton personal information request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
To make a personal information request (data subject rights (DSR) request):
Per rbsq123 : You can make the request here: https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...data-requests/

FWIW: Thread about requesting Marriott data: Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Hi all. I made a data privacy request for both my Hilton and Marriott profiles. Out of the two, Marriott has the most data, ranging from the way my stay was booked (e.g. phone, call centre), to my email interactions and laundry pick-up requests. Marriott uses the same system for all interactions, with similar format of reference numbers. At the same time, I made a request with Hilton. Apart from an email interaction, past stay and app log-in, they didn’t go really to deep. Hence, I’m wondering. Does Hilton record let’s say requests for shampoo and is it being stored in their servers with a reference number, as Marriott does?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by rbsq123
Hi all. I made a data privacy request for both my Hilton and Marriott profiles. Out of the two, Marriott has the most data, ranging from the way my stay was booked (e.g. phone, call centre), to my email interactions and laundry pick-up requests. Marriott uses the same system for all interactions, with similar format of reference numbers. At the same time, I made a request with Hilton. Apart from an email interaction, past stay and app log-in, they didn’t go really to deep. Hence, I’m wondering. Does Hilton record let’s say requests for shampoo and is it being stored in their servers with a reference number, as Marriott does?
Just curious - how did you make the information request with Hilton? For Marriott, there's a website and threads discussing it in that forum. There's been little discussion so far in this forum.

David
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:25 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I would have thought requests for shampoo would just stay with the individual hotel (if they log them at all) and there is no reason for hotels to send all of this to Hilton corporate. Meaning you may have to make data requests from every hotel you've stayed at
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
Just curious - how did you make the information request with Hilton? For Marriott, there's a website and threads discussing it in that forum. There's been little discussion so far in this forum.

David
You can make the request here: https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...data-requests/
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
I would have thought requests for shampoo would just stay with the individual hotel (if they log them at all) and there is no reason for hotels to send all of this to Hilton corporate. Meaning you may have to make data requests from every hotel you've stayed at
With Marriott it doesn’t stay only within individual properties, all requests are logged into their GXP called Marsha. Whether you request shampoo from the app or operator, they will log your request and assign it with a case number (the same type of case number given to you when you send them an email). In my file, I could see all requests like shampoo, laundry and technical although in room dining and wake-up didn’t appear.
jmastron likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:58 am
Original Poster

With Marriott it doesn’t stay only within individual properties, all requests are logged into their GXP called Marsha. Whether you request shampoo from the app or operator, they will log your request and assign it with a case number (the same type of case number given to you when you send them an email). In my file, I could see all requests like shampoo, laundry and technical although in room dining and wake-up didn’t appear.

I once proposed on this forum that people could share their file (as long as they hide their personal details) but all such posts have been censored by moderators… so I gave up. But I still think that this could be informative as long as personal data is hidden.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome! Hadn't noticed this option/capability before through Hilton.

David
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
By in large the average property is not logging anything as mundane as shampoo or bedding requests. Maybe somewhere high end like a St. Regis or a Ritz but at the average HIS or HWS it's not happening. Hilton has two mechanisms that are trackable. One is if you've experienced a larger service recovery issue. That information is transmitted to corporate during the night audit process. The other thing is a Trace which are for smaller things like late checkouts, garden variety maintenance issues, etc. Either way, at the end of the day it's all about what the property does and doesn't track. Some places don't use these types of tools while others will be highly detailed about everything.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I once proposed on this forum that people could share their file (as long as they hide their personal details) but all such posts have been censored by moderators… so I gave up. But I still think that this could be informative as long as personal data is hidden.
So how often have you asked for your data from Hilton? How long does it usually take to get your report back?

David
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I live in Oregon and it said "We're sorry, only certain states allow personal data to be forwarded, etc." Now I'll never know if they see me stealing shampoo from the cart in the hall.
Zurich likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
So how often have you asked for your data from Hilton? How long does it usually take to get your report back?

David
Only asked once and I recommend that when you ask, you list out as much info as you want. I presume you can’t ask more than once within a year, which makes sense or else they would be overwhelmed by requests. My request took around 1 month, faster than Marriott or Hyatt which took 3 months. But it depends on your case I guess. If you reside in the EU, law requires them to provide within a month if that’s the first request you have within 365 days.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only asked once and I recommend that when you ask, you list out as much info as you want. I presume you can’t ask more than once within a year, which makes sense or else they would be overwhelmed by requests. My request took around 1 month, faster than Marriott or Hyatt which took 3 months. But it depends on your case I guess. If you reside in the EU, law requires them to provide within a month if that’s the first request you have within 365 days.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. With Marriott, they sent literally everything across my stays and lifetime for both MR & SPG. Hadn't thought to get specific to my Hilton info request.

I guess I'll see what they send and react accordingly.

David
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Costco Club
I’ve found that if you tip a housekeeper 1 or 2 dollars while asking for shampoo they’ll hand you a ton.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I’ve found that if you tip a housekeeper 1 or 2 dollars while asking for shampoo they’ll hand you a ton.
Yeah but do you want a ton of the current stuff? Perhaps in the day I might have done so for the Peter Thomas Roth.

David
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:53 pm

never engage hilton in the future for my next stay, not worth a single dime

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.