Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several months on - how are they doing?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by oopsz
Tried. From the reservation I try to apply the SNA and it kicks me to an SPG site login, where neither my current nor my previous numbers/passwords work.
That’s too bad. FYI, I’ve been able to apply SNAs since the merger, but there are numerous examples of people having issues. Not sure if HUCA would make a difference.

But at least you know you’re not missing out on being able to grab that jr suite.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by oopsz
Tried. From the reservation I try to apply the SNA and it kicks me to an SPG site login, where neither my current nor my previous numbers/passwords work.
Yes, this is an issue with pre-merger SPG bookings. I was unable to apply a SNA but was able to cancel, re-book the room, and then apply ok. Similarly, I could not cancel SNA from a pre-merger SPG booking, but when I cancelled the whole booking the SNA were instantly reavailable.

Also, and I cant find the thread I posted in before. There is still no way to remove an exisiting award certificate and reapply one for lower points. If you are trying to do this, do not let the agent do what happened to me, where they were able to remove but not reapply - so I had a booking with no award attached (this is spg legacy). One of the Lurkers has been trying to help but in the end (amazingly) availability at Xmas opened up so I could then cancel and rebook. FYI, this was the St Regis Punta Mita and I have been very impressed with their email responses and helpfulness around this. It is quite nerve-wracking playing around with reservations that show a $30,000 USD cancellation penalty!!

On other fronts my account now seems fully functional. I have done a number of transfers from AMEX that are quick.

Last edited by MaxFlying; Oct 5, 2018 at 9:53 am
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I've been relatively consistently at around 4 days. I'd give it a bit longer...
It's been 9 days now. I called and they said to wait 10 days LOL. Guess I'm calling back tomorrow like that will magically solve anything.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My missing stay is finally posted now. The posted date is 7-Oct but I still get this message
No account activity posted for the past 30 days. If your last stay was 10 or more days ago and we missed it, please let us know.
Has this never gone through corp comm?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by lingua101
My missing stay is finally posted now. The posted date is 7-Oct but I still get this message

Has this never gone through corp comm?
I have had this message since the merger, despite my two stays (one ending last weekend, for which points posted the next day). It's like they never tested the site with actual user data.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by ckendall
I have had this message since the merger, despite my two stays (one ending last weekend, for which points posted the next day). It's like they never tested the site with actual user data.
Well originally I was thinking that that message meant to say that you have not any stays (instead of posting) in the past 30 days,

My stay was on 18-20 Aug and it only get posted on 7-Oct.

But now my recent stay at Renaissance just posted today and they stay was 7-8 Oct, so I really wonder what that message suppose to mean.

I am guessing that is static message, then shouldn't they just put something like this?
"No account activity posted for the past 30 days. If your last stay was 10 or more days ago and we missed it, please let us know."
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by mr_moon
I'm still missing 610k points and starting to lose hope I'll ever see them again.

Also still waiting for my points since 1st July from SPG Amex to land.

Other problems I had such as missing nights etc have been corrected.

Lastly I'm still really disappointed Marriott withdrew the lounge access benefit for Platinum members at Luxury Collection properties.
Can you send me a link to this, I did not pick this one up, oh well even better that SGS does not have a lounge !
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I think this point posting is up to the individual hotel. I could be wrong of course.

My stay last weekend at Le Meridien Saigon posted the next day. The previous Design Hotel (Ovolo Southside) posted the next day.

I’m interested how quickly the JW Jakarta posts after I check out on Friday.

SPG Hotels are used to posting immediately. Marriott maybe not so on the ball historically. How many problems do we blame on IT that are hotel/human related...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:44 am

I don't have a lot of data points, but it seems like SPG stays are posting very quickly (next day) whilst Marriott properties are still problematic.

The website's a complete mess. Still unreliable, still non-functional. Still can't sort by price. and as of yesterday, it's not even showing the correct prices!

The only positive thing I can say is that I finally went through and combined everyone's SPG/Marriott accounts yesterday and it all worked. They're still showing "PENDING" for them, but the points & nights came across immediately and were correct.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
My impression, almost 2 months in

Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I think this point posting is up to the individual hotel. I could be wrong of course.

My stay last weekend at Le Meridien Saigon posted the next day. The previous Design Hotel (Ovolo Southside) posted the next day.

I’m interested how quickly the JW Jakarta posts after I check out on Friday.

SPG Hotels are used to posting immediately. Marriott maybe not so on the ball historically. How many problems do we blame on IT that are hotel/human related...
Much as I don't like quoting myself... to update the data on how quickly points post. I checked out of the JW Jakarta on Friday and the stay and point posted on Saturday.

Really, without any knowledge of the IT systems being used by the various chains, this appears to be down to the individual hotels and their posting practices.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Well, one property was way late on posting a 6 night stay. 3 emails to that property and 3 to customer service. Each side blaming the other and both sides saying they would push other side to get resolved.

Then... It was resolved... Then it was not. I only got 3 night credit.

I had to start process all over again. Immediate CS response was that nights were wrong but points were correct. They told me to wait and they would fix # of nights.

Waited a few more days. They added nights .And added an additional 15,000 points or so. I can't figure out how they calculated the total points.

So I have to chase things down in 1st place, get told erroneous information, and have to chase things down when initial resolution is not resolved.

12 years SPG plat, never once had to email CS for missing stay. I almost never dealt with SPG CS for problems - now it is multiple times a week.

The CEO should apologize for this. I am not sure how anyone can say everything is 99% ok. I still can't find all properties on app so have to switch to website.

I am not leaving Marriott. But I also have zero Marriott stays in the remainder of October and November for the moment. Swithed to Shangri-La and others. That might change but for not I won't deal with this.

Decemeber and January I,have 21 nights already booked (20 by points).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My stays are constantly posting wrong.
In most cases I don't get the 1000 platinum gift points / any other extra point (from special rates), for which I always try to call the hotel, that blames Marriott, then Marriott, that blames the hotel, until 10 days pass and then they can credit them manually.
I've NEVER had such problems with 4 years of loyalty to SPG, despite having had complex bookings.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Always check your if your base points make sense, in my case they seem to be off all the time
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Andy82
SNIP
In most cases I don't get the 1000 platinum gift points / any other extra point (from special rates), for which I always try to call the hotel, that blames Marriott, then Marriott, that blames the hotel, until 10 days pass and then they can credit them manually.
SNIP.
I have this at one of my recent stays at a former SPG. The Extra line only shows 2000 points (I assume the promo) when it should show 3000 (+1000 welcome points).

I'm in contact with the hotel management and have sent them screenshots of their posting and my subsequent stay at the JW Jakarta to show what 3000 Extra points looks like.

I've not had a root cause analysis from them yet. Currently I'm assuming it's human error so I don't want to name and shame but who knows really. I met the GM when there but don't want to bother him with such a trivial issue if the managers cannot resolve it. So I'll try the Platinum line if it's not done soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.