Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several months on - how are they doing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by christianj
So you want to ding the individual hotels with a bad TA review for something that is likely out of their control and being completely screwed up by Marriott Corporate IT? I'm sure the hotels are just as frustrated with Marriott and the integration as we are......from my experience this has been confirmed by the interactions I have had with people at the check-in desks when I mention how screwed up Marriott is. IMHO definitely NOT the say this should be handled!
I don't look at a hotel as being somehow separate from the Marriott programme. When I book a night at a hotel I expect a comfortable bed, functioning Internet and any benefits which advertised based on a local initiative or by Marriott Group. I certainly wouldn't advocate people saying "This hotel sux, never stay here" because Marriott aren't responding to your emails, but prominent Starwood hotels in particular have a clientele and reputation built in no small degree thanks to the benefits of the Starwood programme. Those hotels which might have been 5* a month ago are not unreasonably more of a 4* now. If you were to book a stay at a Courtyard expecting $10 towards free breakfast and were shortchanged because of an opportunistic reading of Marriott T&C's it wouldn't be unreasonable to again deduct some points. My review is a precis of a customer experience, and it really doesn't matter how much was 100% in the control of the local hotel vs. some partner of theirs - nor is it intended to be a personal commentary on how much I liked a receptionist. In the same way that British Airways shouldn't be able to blame Heathrow for when people in wheelchairs are left on planes for an hour or how Chipotle can't blame some farmer for providing them with poisoned food.

As customers of hotels, we are experiencing this mix of IT problems, poor customer service training, bad attitudes and unforced errors. It is to be expected that in this period these hotels are not relatively as attractive as they used to be, and it absolutely doesn't seem unreasonable for us to write accurate and proportionate reviews pointing this out.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by christianj
So you want to ding the individual hotels with a bad TA review for something that is likely out of their control and being completely screwed up by Marriott Corporate IT? I'm sure the hotels are just as frustrated with Marriott and the integration as we are......from my experience this has been confirmed by the interactions I have had with people at the check-in desks when I mention how screwed up Marriott is. IMHO definitely NOT the say this should be handled!
Time is up for being patient and being lied to just to get to the next call in line.....over and over and over. A case # means ZERO but some #'s that I have a better chance of winning the lotto with than getting a resolution to my problem. I can't believe a hospitality business thinks this is the way to go or treat people. The fact that NOBODY seems to have the power to make simple corrections to accounts like adding points, status years, etc even for their highest level clients means the integration is a complete failure and they should admit it, own it and deal with it even if that means grandfathering people for the rest of the year or 2019 or losing revenue. Simply sticking it to your loyal customers for months is not acceptable. This is no longer days or weeks.

If it takes shaming a property or hurting an individual owner's bottom line then so be it if that is what it takes now for this all to be fixed. Otherwise is us the loyal consumer/traveler who is getting screwed. Enough is Enough already.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I don't look at a hotel as being somehow separate from the Marriott programme.
And that's all you need to say.

Properties want to emblazon the Marriott brand logo on their property. Do I care about how the property procures their toilet paper if they run out and whether it is a Marriott corporate issue or property-specific issue? Nope.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:58 am

How do we get this on the news! That would be a good thing rather than hearing how positive this amalgamation went!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Bravada04
How do we get this on the news! That would be a good thing rather than hearing how positive this amalgamation went!
If it was on the evening national news it would likely light a fire under their .....to get this resolved. I am actually surprised how little coverage all of this has gotten both from a press and a blogger perspective. I guess the bloggers are critical but not overly loud on it since they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:48 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I cannot for the life of me get Marriott to credit two Ritz Carlton stays to my combined account. Seems totally random which stays have fallen through the cracks and which ones post normally. They've all been booked in the same way and the two missing ones are sandwiched between others that posted just fine on the days surrounding the missing ones. Likely will be the difference between me making PP or not. So annoying.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Last 3 trips My Plat Arrival bonus pts have not posted. My bonus points at 75% of my stay points are posting properly. So if I want the arrival points....I have to call over about 2500 pts over 3 stays. Probably will take hours to get those points I earned in my account...Not worth it vs. my time and of course Marriott wins.

Might just leave a negative review for the hotels and see if that gets someone to fix it for me. I am tired of this BS and having to spend hours on the phone to get something I earned for being loyal.
I had four stays with no welcome points. Took a couple of minutes to draft a note to customer.care @ Marriott . com. Reposted correctly within a week.

Dear Marriott:

Following four stays have posted without any platinum amenity points, thanks for taking care of this for me!

list of properties and stay dates

Points Scrounger MR#
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had four stays with no welcome points. Took a couple of minutes to draft a note to customer.care @ Marriott . com. Reposted correctly within a week.

Dear Marriott:

Following four stays have posted without any platinum amenity points, thanks for taking care of this for me!

list of properties and stay dates

Points Scrounger MR#
Last email I sent bounced so you are 1 up on me. Actually last contact with Marriott was 45 minutes waiting for someone to pick up the platinum line only to be disconnected before anyone answered. If it was as simple as an email none of us would be complaining. I am glad it worked for you. I may even try it to fix this issue as you suggest and report back on the experience. A week is definitely an improvement but a joke of a response time. What if you needed those points for an award stay?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
well...if you actually wanted to book a hotel through spg or marriott this afternoon, you'd be unable to--at least through the website. or at least i am unable to log in to either site. get a 404 on spg, and an error message on marriott. yeah, i get that i need to clear my cache, etc., but...sheesh. really, it's a major hotel website, it should just work.

back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:29 pm

I wonder if Marriott is intentionally trying to make customers leave the brand aka getting rid of people who expect decent customer service aka needy customers aka former SPG customers.

i am sick and tired of tweeting, calling, emailing and not have any issue resolved. What is wrong with this company ?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04
You are not going to see this in the news . One outlet- I think WSJ - correct me if I am wrong - had a story about SPG loyalists’ concerns regarding the merger . Perhaps they will follow up or you can find the article and email the reporter .

The teal audience that needs to see / hear the issues is the stock analysts who cover Marriott . They are the ones who get to ask probing questions on earnings calls .We have no idea whether any of the integration issues will affect earnings . These folks might have an interest but who knows .

The only thing that will will get attention is if the Marriott loyalists book away in large numbers. This is VERY unlikely to happen . However , folks on this thread are right - until dissatisfaction results in a degradation of revenue performance / profitability at the property level , then the status quo will remain in place. If the property owners feel the pinch , they are sure to balk. I don’t think negative reviews will do much but it is fair to point out loyalty deficiencies in a review . Remember , as the consumer you have the power to create change - by booking with the competition. We have all voiced our concerns and calling /emailing or even writing the Board of Directors will not move the needle toward change and remediation - money talks ......
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coltonatx
I wonder if Marriott is intentionally trying to make customers leave the brand aka getting rid of people who expect decent customer service aka needy customers aka former SPG customers.

i am sick and tired of tweeting, calling, emailing and not have any issue resolved. What is wrong with this company ?
It seems crazy but all their actions (or lack of them) the past month do seem to suggest exactly that

There is a MASSIVE lack of any leadership at the top it seems
KRSW likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx

While I don't think they are intentionally trying to get rid of us, what I am experiencing could be called "Marriott's war on former SPG elites" - I do feel terribly unwanted at Marriott. I feel better at Hilton now - come on, better at Hilton... What a benchmark. I am staying in a Marriott in Paris right now - in a paid junior suite (I don't think I ever got a free upgrade at Marriott that I would call an upgrade) which is quite pricy this week - and I had to wait 25 minutes to get a room service menu...- not the food - the actual menu...
No free water in the room...
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: Hard to keep one
I'm still missing nights - I actually now believe those nights were the double stay and nights promo I got as an offer early this year - but it looks like my business will be moving elsewhere so it does not feel important anymore
flying_geek likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I still have 1 stay not crediting to my account. This stay was exactly on cut over date (18-20 Aug). When I checked out, I was told they cannot print out the folio. Later on, they sent me the folio, but no member number is there.

I have claimed missing stay using the form, 10 days ago, and until now still not show up, although I got that auto generated email.

I also have sent out to stay something email and also no response. I have contacted the hotel few times. I think they are equally frustrated as they were no reponse from Marriott. They told me they have called Marriott and was told it may take up to 3 months.

Seriously?

Why can't they just repost it manually?

So I am very nervous to merge my 2 accounts.

I also have 1 reward stay at SPG which I may need to cancel, but I am quite scare that the points will never come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.