Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several months on - how are they doing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by EngOnAPlane
I'm still missing nights - I actually now believe those nights were the double stay and nights promo I got as an offer early this year - but it looks like my business will be moving elsewhere so it does not feel important anymore
Marriott considers this a "win".....Culled one more from the ranks.
Sorry to hear it. Those stays are yours. You EARNED them.
flying_geek likes this.

Last edited by xzh445; Sep 28, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The amount of issues reported on this forum alone is somewhat "staggering", IMHO, as I can't recall seeing anything like this before here on FT, even with other program mergers...

I can only imagine the onslaught that their support staff are experiencing, and the lack of internal support that their support staff are likely experiencing.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The amount of issues reported on this forum alone is somewhat "staggering", IMHO, as I can't recall seeing anything like this before here on FT, even with other program mergers...

I can only imagine the onslaught that their support staff are experiencing, and the lack of internal support that their support staff are likely experiencing.

I think they have drowned....... Sure this may be because people is submitting multiple queries. But I have submitted missing stay claim on 14-Sep and no response at all. Then on 22-Sep I email [email protected] and get an auto repose.

Thank you for contacting Marriott!
We have received your email. For your records, the following case number has been created: xxxxxx.
We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries.
One of our team members will review your inquiry and respond to you as soon as possible with a personal reply.
Thank you for choosing Marriott!
and until now I have not seen my stay is been posted even after more than 1 month.

Is it so difficult to process missing stays?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
No progress from Marriott on any of the above items. I have switched 6 nights worth of stays in the next few weeks to IHG. I would have reached Platinum Premier Elite for 2019 with those stays if the historical stays I am missing had posted. Until stays start posting it's pointless to stay extra nights to achieve that status. I will now start calling the individual hotels for each stay that is missing from my account and see if the front desk can resolve my issue by re-posting the stay or re-submitting the stay with one of the various SPG/Marriott numbers I have or had.
Update: I got one email from Marriott. They have now posted an award stay from mid August as a qualifying night. No action on other items. This definitely isn't happening automatically, they appear to only be fixing problems as they receive requests from members (and days/weeks later).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes, and based on the almost comically nonresponsive form emails they're sending out in response, the reps must be spending a max of like 2 minutes on each inquiry. Can you imagine an eight hour day filled with that?

Multiply say 200 email responses per agent per day by however many agents they have answering emails, and there must be literally thousands of Marriott customers receiving form email responses every day. And they're still weeks behind. Management has to be aware of the scope of the cs nightmare they've created. Which makes the "all together now" nonsense all the more dismaying.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The pre-merger transfers I did from SPG on 8/15 never showed up on the other end. Basically the response is "we don't know because our airline transfer team has not told us anything". Being a froontline employee myself, I understand the frustration when people who are not customer-facing are not providing information you need to help the customers.

Some heads have to roll on this and I think unless all these problems translate into real impact on earnings, we are not going to see anything of material to improve / apologize for the mess.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Anyone having problems getting their missing points credited?

I am missing about 15,000 pts now from stays that had either missing Green Choice points or Platinum amenity. In fact none of my stays since the merger has credited without something missing from it.

I wrote to them about 2 weeks ago, received a response that it might take up to 10 working days to respond, and I have not heard anything.

By the sound of the various posts above, I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait?

(For what it's worth, a normal Platinum with 50+ nights, Lifetime Platinum from SPG here.)

However, I had four issues on a single stay of just over 12 hours at a Courtyard (which in itself is pretty impressive - I'm not that easy to annoy, and they managed to do it at the rate of every 3 hours) and it was responded to by the hotel within about 2 weeks, after going through the Marriott channel to file a complaint because some were just so avoidable (misleading info on the website + housekeeping issues) and should be prevented in the future.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 28, 2018 at 2:00 am
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by lingua101
I still have 1 stay not crediting to my account. This stay was exactly on cut over date (18-20 Aug). When I checked out, I was told they cannot print out the folio. Later on, they sent me the folio, but no member number is there.

I have claimed missing stay using the form, 10 days ago, and until now still not show up, although I got that auto generated email.

I also have sent out to stay something email and also no response. I have contacted the hotel few times. I think they are equally frustrated as they were no reponse from Marriott. They told me they have called Marriott and was told it may take up to 3 months.

Seriously?

Why can't they just repost it manually?

So I am very nervous to merge my 2 accounts.

I also have 1 reward stay at SPG which I may need to cancel, but I am quite scare that the points will never come back.
Their last response to me was that they are unable to do any manual posting and I need to wait until they fix their system, and no anticipated timeframe for when things will be fixed. I just want to know do I check back in a week, a month, a year.....

I wonder how they would feel in our shoes. It seems they just don't care but I imagine they must, at least a little.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IT issues and new development are prioritized. So, if they are not fixing some of the serious issues - not even projecting any dates, you wonder what they are working on.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by uanj
It seems they just don't care but I imagine they must, at least a little.
What makes you think they must care a little? I have seen no indication of that whatsoever.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
Messy

Seriously the issues continue. Points are not correct, with no incite into the details. Green Choice points do not post.

Most concerning is the fact that my hard ears LTPP status isn’t even reflected in the systems. Not a single upgrade since the combination and barely status recognition.

I hope this gets fixed soon, not impressed.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:08 pm

I do wonder how much of this horrible transition is just because of things we hear from others, the vocal minority. OTOH it seems like they're doing everything they possibly can to annoy and rile up there loyal guests. Isn't the number one rule of addressing a PR issue, actually addressing it? Updating the community on a fairly regular basis makes it, at the very least, seem like you care. This whole transition just projects apathy and incompetence.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
Seriously the issues continue. Points are not correct, with no incite into the details. Green Choice points do not post.

Most concerning is the fact that my hard ears LTPP status isn’t even reflected in the systems. Not a single upgrade since the combination and barely status recognition.

I hope this gets fixed soon, not impressed.
Is your hard earned LTPP status based on having been a MR LTP with 750+ MR nights and 2,000,000+ MR points? If not--for instance if you're qualifying on the basis of SPG LTP for the ten years Plat and 750+ SPG nights, your LTPP does NOT become effective until the sweep in January. This was clearly stated when Starriott capitulated and announced alternative paths to LTPP.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Submit 2 missing stays 3 days ago.
the auto replies received straight away.
the 1st claim was handled the next day with points show up the next day.
the 2nd claim ... Still waiting.

Quite interesting that one got processed straight away and the other is delayed.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:58 pm

The wait times are horrendous with no guarantee you'll get the help you need. With peak pricing coming, I think I'm done with Starriott tbh. Definitely dont have a positive association with the company ATM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.