Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several months on - how are they doing?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by KRSW
I'd love to know how these people are able to make reservations... I just got in a shouting match with an exec over his upcoming reservations. He should have 2 upcoming reservations, instead here's what the website is showing... and he wanted to know why I haven't booked his reservations already (which were made in April):
Watch out, Marriott apologists like Newman will blame you for not having notarised proof of booking: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30324602-post5.html

Originally Posted by lingua101
after 2 months, I finally received an email reply from Internet Customer Care on the topic of my missing stay on 18-20 Aug, which has now been credited (after I tried all the avenue). And what is the most annoying is their reply.

this is direct copy and paste from the email.

they are now 1 program and yet they telling me sorry I am M and I cannot post S. Should he seek internal help and make sure this happen rather than replying such rubbish email?

And this is after almost 2.5 months now.

btw any one has the email address of marriott CEO. maybe I should forward that email to him
[email protected]
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I just cancel a reward stay that booked prior to 18-Aug. But the points still not back to my account
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Is this the new MR way? Scrutinize every folio we have and see if the spend/points are credited correctly?

So many times there were inaccuracies when it comes to spend amount and points posting. How can MR expect us to reach the 20K spend for Ambassador service when simple items like room service and hotel dining are not added unto our account.

As an example I had a 334 USD bill (food/room charge) for a 1 night stay at the Sheraton Montreal Airport last October 20th. But my yearly spend just went up by 200$? Where did the rest go??

Countless of times this has happened. But wow this particular stay is just so glaring....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard
The missing 1000 welcome points seems to be very common and individual hotels appear to be able to do nothing about it.

Despite all my stays, nights and points posting 24-36 hours after checking out, I have 2 x 1000 missing welcome points from LeM Saigon and now from the W Guangzhou.

Both hotels emailed me after the stay asking for feedback and so I raised these missing points directly with them and they both have responded that they will investigate it. Yet, nothing changes.

Does anyone have any insight into what hotels actually post on their system. Is this due to human error at the points of posting or is it an automated process linked to the reservation that is posting incorrectly?
Agreed, I have 3 pending requests to getting it fixed ... some are now almost 2 months old ... NO RESPONSE yet. That is just so pathetic ... a PP sends in a request and within 2 months one doesn't even get a response. Just wow.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
After a few early stays that were right, 3 out of 5 of my last stays didn’t post correctly and the usual feedback loop between me and my Ambassador/ a trouble shooting team has broken down.

I’m out. I’m going to treat Marriott hotels like I would Peninsula or other random brands at least until next year and i’ll reassess. I am unable to put up with any supplier which is so dysfunctional.
jpdx, remymartin and supatight80 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My treatment as a post-merger Platinum Premiere seems to be better than it was as a pre-merger Platinum. 9 stays, 5 Marriott, 4 SPG, 15 nights, 4 continents in September. Upgrades with Marriott 100%. Upgrades with SPG 0%. Only 1 upgrade EVER with SPG since status matching and linking. Snobbish to Marriott Elites has always been my experience.

One SPG failed to offer a Welcome gift. I successfully collected the $100 USD compensation.

Points posted within 2 days of stay. One or two missed Welcome Points. Oh, well! I haven't bothered to follow up. Not worth my time. No frustration, no stress.

James
you sound as if you are working for one of the notorious Russian troll farms....
jokes aside....I envy you! And I take your experience as testament that there is light somewhere for all of us that are still stuck in a tunnel!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Still waiting on a 4PTS stay from last week to credit. In that time two MR properties have credited (and properly, at that- while I never used to worry about this before, now I actually do the math from my final bill). Come Saturday I'll have to send in a missing-stay form I guess
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which SPG properties were these?
Marriott Properties

1) Seattle Airport Marriott
  • Immediate recognition, upgraded to high floor newly renovated deluxe corner room. Stay posted with welcome points. No carpeting, very nice renovation. Breakfast in lounge.

2) Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay
  • Immediate recognition, upgraded to a junior suite (separate bedroom) and check-in a 7:30 am. I had breakfast in the Lounge on day of arrival too. Stay posted without welcome points.

3) Couryard Hong Kong
  • Upgraded to a high floor corner Harbourview room, In lieu of the 500 welcome points I took breakfast in MoMo Cafe, lounge access, impeccable service. Stay posted with 500 welcome points too.

4) Santiago Marriott Hotel
  • Spent six nights here. 5 for 4 night award, 6th night paid. Booked pre-merger @ 20K per night (now 25K per night) My most memorable stay ever at a Martiott Property. Upgraded (notification via APP too) to full suite, top floor, corner room with views of the Andes. Incredibly friendly and efficient with all staff ineractions, I had breakfast in the Restaurant in lieu of points. Stay posted correctly with welcome posts.
  • Lounge staff thanked me for my loyalty too. I was told that PPE make up less than 5% of their Elite Stays. I was treated like a king.

5) Los Angeles Airport Marriott
  • Upgraded to the top floor, concierge level with the M Lounge. Early departure. Stay posted with welcome points.

Legacy SPG Properties

1) Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
  • Last Minute booking due to Flight IRROPS. No upgrades "available." Asked for 4 PM check-out which was granted. Keycard stopped working at 3:00 pm. Return to front desk for reprogramming. At 3:30 Housekeeping was knocking on the door. At 3:45 the Phone rang, Front Desk asking if I needed to extend my stay. At 4:03 when I left the housekeepong supervisor was coming down the hall. Wow! It is now on my never return to list.

2) Sheraton Grand Icheon Hotel
  • No upgrades, FDC advised that hotel didn't have suites. Full Stop. Lounge was closed on arrival, departed before breakfast started. Chose Points. Posted with welcome points.

3) The Westin Tokyo
  • Reservation disappeared from My Trips, no record of it at hotel,
  • Able to accommodate but not desired bed type, no upgrades available??
  • No Welcome gift offered. Challenged the next morning and did get the $100 compensation. Stay posted without welcome points. I wasn't expecting them too with the compensation.

4) Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park*
  • No Upgrade here or the Westin earlier this year, I applied a SNA and it cleared. Upgraded to a suite on the 6th floor with a beautiful view of the roof over the entrance and a tiny peek at Hyde Park. Breakfast in the restaurant in lieu of points. Stay posted correctly.

I am more impressed with Marriott now than I was before the Merger. I was never impressed with Legacy SPG before the Merger and I am less impressed now.

I didn't get points where I should have and I got points where I shouldn't have. Pretty much comes out in the wash for me.

James
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
My missing 1000 welcome points have been solved now: The W Guangzhou fixed it themselves within 24 hours after I emailed the lounge staff. The LeM Saigon seemingly couldn't fix it despite a couple of emails with the director of rooms so the lurkers here fixed it within minutes of me sending them a PM (thanks for the intervention and prompt response).

Emboldened, I'm now sitting here with seven reservations made on the App at a mix of legacy Marriott and SPG properties between now and February next year. The only unusual thing that's taken place is that I didn't get a confirmation email for the Renaissance Barcelona reservation in February next year. But it's there on the App and on my account online.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
My first stay posted way late, second stay posted right away and third stay has not yet posted (checked out two days ago). Zero for three in getting folios by email as I requested. Mystery of extra points unresolved.

I cannot complain about the rooms (all at legacy SPG hotels I had been at before, all did more or less as expected or somewhat better) but the IT system is pathetic.

For the near term I will continue to stay at the hotels I have always stayed at (my travel patterns are pretty repetitive) but I am highly reluctant to go anywhere new.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Three months

How are they doing? Are they where they wanted to be at this point?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
3 months in, I'd still say pretty bad.

We had 2 long-planned award stays just after 8/18, but other than that have been almost exclusively staying at Hilton. I just don't trust Marriott IT right now. Here's my main problem: I'm completely unable to book a stay on the website, whether with points or cash. Sometimes it lets me get farther in the process than others, but I ALWAYS end up with some type of error message. I'm trying to firm up some plans for next year, and finally figured out I could use the app. So now I search on my laptop and then go to the app on my phone to reserve. It works, but I shouldn't have to use this workaround!

The one paid stay at Marriott since the merger was made through Concur - my husband says he didn't have any problem making it. He needs one more night to get to 50 this year, but other than that - he's at Hilton or Hyatt.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Surprisingly, things are quite settled for me and all my points, nights and reservations are present and correct. I had a SPG Cat 5 Free Night Award transfer over on August 18 into a new 40k Award Certificate and yesterday I was able to search for and apply this certificate to a Marriott brand hotel on the web site (the new Marriott Ocean Park in HK) for a Saturday night in December. This is a significant improvement to SPG who forced you to phone reservations to redeem Free Night Awards. I received no email confirmation for one reservation (the Renaissance Barcelona in February) but the reservation appears correctly in my account online and on the app.

I monitor each of my stay postings and ensure I have a contact at each hotel so that I can follow up when they post incorrectly or late. So far, all but one stay across many brands posted within 48 hours of check out. It's now a week since my Design Hotel in Guadalajara so I've emailed them directly. I was missing the 1000 Welcome Bonus from two stays (W in Guangzhou and Le Meridien Saigon) but the first was rectified within 24 hours of contacting the lounge and the second was fixed in minutes by the lurkers here when Le Meridien couldn't do it (I believe they had not moved to the Marriott IT system at the time and had limited access to customer accounts).

I had a random email from [email protected] complete with reference number about a claim for a missing stay at Ovolo Southside. The thing is, I have no missing stays from Ovolo Southside, I have not submitted a missing stay claim and I have regular contact with a mate at the front desk there so would resolve anything directly with him if I need to. Random, weird email.

My personal opinion is that it's likely to be hotel mistakes that result in incorrect stay/points postings rather than IT glitches now so I go direct to the hotel to resolve first of all. I have no cataclysmic missing points nor have I cancelled an award booking so my transactions are quite straightforward.
MePlatPremier likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
While things seem to be slowly fixing themselves on my account, an interesting thing I noticed just the last couple of days: the upcoming stays on the website did not match with the ones on the app.

I hardly ever use the app. In fact, I did not even look at it for over a year. I only refer to the website's info. Well, recently, I was just curious and looked at the app. Surprising two of my upcoming stays that I thought I had canceled on the website showed that they were still active on the app. Curious, I called CSR to see if they were indeed active, and I learned that they were. I asked the agent to cancel them for me. Not sure what happened there whether they were canceled on the website, but was never processed or what.

The moral of the story is to double check and compare between what's on the app and website. While minor, upcoming stays may be inconsistent.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:30 pm

seems like the grass is browner this side, than Skift´s....
or maybe this was heavily toned down, given people's real names are quoted.

https://skift.com/2018/11/19/h%E2%80...B-to-weigh-in/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.