Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several months on - how are they doing?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by yapak2
I'm seeing a theme:

I have needed to remind properties that they have suites available, and they have acquiesced.
I haven’t been upgraded to a suite or anything this year for any of my stays — even though it’s supposed to be based on availability…are all of their suites always booked?
Before the merger, I would get upgrades about 99 percent of the time, since the merger, I have had one upgrade in 30 nights
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Suites but also
IT issues
poor CS / resolution
Apathetic reception at legacy Marriott properties

many common themes...if Suites were the only issue, I don’t think you see the same resignation and frustration. Despite new Marriott T and Cs I think legacy SPGers knew suites were generally done
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
How are they doing? Are they where they wanted to be at this point?
I'm sure Starriott is continuing to say that everything is stabilized and working fine, but I'm still having the consistent problem that some hotels don't see my status correctly, which isn't surprising as it isn't consistent (on almost all days when I check) on my merged but not linked accounts.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Missing stay issues are ongoing and when having them actioned, they are slow to post and post incorrectly (wrong dates, wrong stay length). I spoke to a legacy Starwood supervisor who sounded just as frustrated by the mess and when I mentioned these incorrect stays could be fixed over the phone easily before, it was met with the comment 'nothing has been made easier for address problems with the 'one contact' standard that most companies should attempt to adhere to'.

Coincidentally, a couple of hours later, I received an email from Marriott OCA that still makes me shake my head:

Dear Mr PW,

I have reviewed your further comments and have opened a ticket for our IT department to review these stay posting issues. Again, our sincerest apologies for these continued technical and service issues you are experiencing.

If there are any hotel service issues you've experienced that require further mediation with the hotel, please let me know. Also, please provide any details identifying outstanding missing stays postings, as well.

In closing, please rest assured our Senior Executives are updated daily and are diverting specialized teams to repair these issues as quickly as possible. Thanks again for your patience during this significant undertaking. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

OCA

And I check my account this morning and there is a tacky banner claiming "Lowest Member Rates" that is nothing to do with Black Friday and not even a link to a promo. Waste of time.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, I see that brightly colored banner that clashes with Starriott colors, but I can't see my reservations.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
well, still 7k points missing over 4 different stays. No responses from Marriott ... for weeks. Guess my 80 nights this year don't mean much to them ... got to take business elsewhere I guess. Hasn't been that bad ever w/ Marriott and this is far from stabilized yet. Also all this piecemeal moving of brands to the new platform is just a mess.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:10 pm

I think I'm missing about 30 nights on my MR account, They don't matter to me except for the points, so I've been waiting to the mess to improve before tackling the issue.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Suites but also
IT issues
poor CS / resolution
Apathetic reception at legacy Marriott properties

many common themes...if Suites were the only issue, I don’t think you see the same resignation and frustration. Despite new Marriott T and Cs I think legacy SPGers knew suites were generally done
The math did not work for suites. With SPG I averaged 90% or more but stayed on high rates for one night, not long stays. With the addition of the millions of Marriott members the math stinks and yes I expected my upgrades to go way down or not exist.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
It would be interesting to see how the distribution of suite upgrade eligible elites have changed at different properties post program merger ...for a company so obsessed with cookie cutter solutions and various standardization of elite benefits (like the reduction in benefits on some Asian LC properties ) it is weird that there is no standardized method to assign upgrades to elites imposed on properties ....
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Has anyone done the maths on this? We keep talking about all the new elites who are swamping hotels and hoovering up the available suite upgrades but...

1) The number of eligible elites with 50+ nights in the combined programme will be near enough the same as there were in the two separate programmes (ok, so there may be a few additional people who previously split nights between SPG and Marriott and didn't qualify at 50+ before but not huge numbers because that behaviour doesn't make sense).

2) The number of hotels and brands that give suite upgrades to 50+ elites has also remained the same in the combined programme.

So, the total number of eligible elites divided by the total number of available suites before and after will be around the same, no?

I can see how some popular, say SPG, hotels will be targeted by former Marriott elites and may cause capacity issues on a case by case basis but they're now not staying at their Marriott hotel and releasing capacity on that side.

What am I missing?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
BTW, having emailed a Design Hotel whose points hadn't posted a week after check out with a detailed breakdown of what was missing only for the points to miraculously appear a day later... I am now convinced that posting problems are not so much created by Marriott's IT but rather by delayed or error-ridden posting by individual hotels who (a) may not know how to use the Marriott system correctly and/or (b) cannot access the post and correct it after it's submitted.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I am no expert on the legacy MR rules but was legacy MR Gold eligible for suite upgrades? If no there would be a net positive inflow of suite upgrade eligible elites since all legacy MR Gold now is MPG PLT.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
BTW, having emailed a Design Hotel whose points hadn't posted a week after check out with a detailed breakdown of what was missing only for the points to miraculously appear a day later... I am now convinced that posting problems are not so much created by Marriott's IT but rather by delayed or error-ridden posting by individual hotels who (a) may not know how to use the Marriott system correctly and/or (b) cannot access the post and correct it after it's submitted.
Posting points with DH is done differently than all other brands. DH properties are only loosely affiliated with Marriott and aren’t required to have its software solutions and, as such, check-out information is not automatically submitted to Marriott and stay details have to be manually inserted through a specific online form. Many DH properties simply forget about that step.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
apparently I am not authorized to make any booking on Marriott.com today. Hope they will let me know when they want my business again

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:22 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
3 months in and I haven't had many problems. Granted, I didn't really do any stays in August or September, but I've done a lot in October and November. Mostly legacy Marriott properties (Marriott, Courtyard, Autograph), but a couple Sheratons as well. For the most part, it's been pretty consistent - no problems with lounge access, often get an upgraded room (mostly better views, but a suite or larger sized room here and there too). With 1 exception, stays have posted within a couple days (which was the old norm), and from what I can tell, welcome points + megabonus + week lounge points have posted correctly. With the F&B platinum amenity at Courtyards (and the other limited service brands), I'm now considering them, instead of as last resorts as I did pre-8/18, and have been happy with my experience thus far.

There was one case of the $10 F&B credit not being properly deducted, but I assume that's a Courtyard property-specific issue with those being new; and one stay didn't post for 2+ weeks (until I submitted the missing stay form and it "magically" showed up before the representative responded). But overall, I've been satisfied with the experience, and am excited for some more options that the SPG properties provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.