FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Travel Package General Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1928972-travel-package-general-discussion-thread.html)

RedSun Feb 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by potm (Post 30764302)
You get a refresh of the expiry date when you convert to a NC. Holding it as the OC until you need to convert allows you to maximise expiry time.

I'm not sure if you can get the TP OC detached. For the OC attached, it should be converted whenever it is detached. The system just has no place to keep the OC.

This is what I learnt from all the reading.

estnet Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 30766191)
I'm not sure if you can get the TP OC detached. For the OC attached, it should be converted whenever it is detached. The system just has no place to keep the OC.

This is what I learnt from all the reading.

Not quite - I detached a cert when cancelling a reservation and it shows up in my account as OC

zachary1g Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Any ideas on the upgrade cost for 5-night packages? Looking to go from OC5 to NC6.
I believe OC5 refund is 10k, so an upgrade to NC5 would be 35k?
Haven't found the numbers for NC6, can anybody lend a hand?

Data point for QP53
Description: PARTIAL PACKAGE - 5 NIGHTS CATEGORY 1-4
Reward code: QP53
Valid through: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Total points redeemed: 10,000

craigthemif Feb 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30765837)
This.

There is a reason why it is in the Wiki. It it has proven working better, why reinvent the wheel?

Yeah... but the wiki seemed more about guiding an agent to an upgrade they aren't really supposed to allow.

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl (Post 30754700)
With the upcoming category changes just announced could someone please refresh my memory: if you do a points advance booking before a hotel goes up from NC4 to NC5 can you then still attach an NC4 certificate to that reservation after the category change on March 5th? In theory the certificate should still cover the 150k points but I have a feeling they'll spin it the other way.
I would appreciate your help as every single property I'm considering for my OC1-5 is going up to NC5.

You definitely must attach the certificate before 5 March... Marriott is not holding pricing on "points advance" reservations.

craigthemif Feb 11, 2019 7:06 pm

deleted

RedSun Feb 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 30766322)
Not quite - I detached a cert when cancelling a reservation and it shows up in my account as OC

When I changed my reservation, I converted the OC to NC to my benefits. When I detached it, I kept the benefits. I'd be worse of keeping the original OC. We'll just have to balance out the cost benefits....

estnet Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 30766994)
When I changed my reservation, I converted the OC to NC to my benefits. When I detached it, I kept the benefits. I'd be worse of keeping the original OC. We'll just have to balance out the cost benefits....

?????? How is this to your benefit? I'm simply delaying to have a later expiration date

mster Feb 11, 2019 7:55 pm

-----

RedSun Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 30767034)
?????? How is this to your benefit? I'm simply delaying to have a later expiration date

There are many variables with the TP partial packages....

estnet Feb 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 30767167)
There are many variables with the TP partial packages....

So you don't want to answer the question??

pat_pat_tong Feb 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mster (Post 30767081)
Just detached an OC5 - it showed up in my account almost immediately after it was detached. Then I cancelled the reservation it was originally attached to ^

Are you going to convert it anytime soon? Just curious.

Flying for Fun Feb 12, 2019 7:08 am

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 30766994)

I had an OC8 that I attached to a property in Sydney AU prior to 8/18. Plans changed and I only needed 2 nights at the property. They were not accepting points for the nights I needed and starting rates were AUD $592 per night.

I called MR and advised that my plans had changed, that I wanted to detach my TP and I needed to change my reservation from seven nights to two nights using a FN & 35K for them.

As per instructions, the agent carried them out and detached my OC8 which remains is in my account, the seven night reservation is now a 2 night reservation and the FN certificate & 35K points were taken to pay for them. The total time of the call from dialing to completion was 4 minutes, 44 seconds.

There was no mention of a requirement to convert when detached. I will wait to convert until I decide where I want to stay for 7 nights.

James

Flying for Fun Feb 12, 2019 7:12 am

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 30767034)

I can see a benefit if you are wanting to attach to a reservation that is going up a category on March 5th.

James

pat_pat_tong Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am

Just a data point. Called UK office and got lucky that I have connected to a rep knew exactly what I am talking about. I have got it converted in less than 5 mins. Thanks all!

jrey Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am

Originally Posted by pat_pat_tong (Post 30769386)
Just a data point. Called UK office and got lucky that I have connected to a rep knew exactly what I am talking about. I have got it converted in less than 5 mins. Thanks all!

What did you convert from and to?