Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ceber
when my BRG got rejected. First they could not figure out the difference between pounds and dollars, then they said I was using a bundled rate which I was not. William suggested I call and speak to a supervisor. I did not have the stomach for it, but finally called yesterday, spoke to an agent who said she would research the issue and email me back. Not to rub salt in the wounds, but how freaking hard can this possibly be? In theory this is all these folks do all day right? Sadly it is embarrassing at best. Maybe the email will come the same day my LTT card comes in the mail..
Forget about contacting anyone, I have done that and it's not exactly nice - I got the result I wanted but the agent was just rude. What I do is to just file another reservation file another claim, make sure that you state very clearly to avoid the same issues (in your case I'll stress it's GBP not USD).
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ceber
when my BRG got rejected. First they could not figure out the difference between pounds and dollars, then they said I was using a bundled rate which I was not. William suggested I call and speak to a supervisor. I did not have the stomach for it, but finally called yesterday, spoke to an agent who said she would research the issue and email me back. Not to rub salt in the wounds, but how freaking hard can this possibly be? In theory this is all these folks do all day right? Sadly it is embarrassing at best. Maybe the email will come the same day my LTT card comes in the mail..
William has nothing to do with BRG approvals/denials. This is why it takes forever to reach him about legitimate issues he can assist with - because everyone is bogging down with irrelevant matters.

I had a BRG denied yesterday. I re-filed it, again denied, but because they said they found a lower rate on their website that included breakfast (3rd party does not).

Well, they can't have it both ways - they wouldn't approve a claim where the 3rd party has additional items included for "free," they would compare that against the same rate plan. I called, spoke to a Supervisor, and it was quickly approved without drama or anything. No need to have a "stomach" for anything besides be able to speak to another human being for a few minutes.

Originally Posted by nacho
Forget about contacting anyone, I have done that and it's not exactly nice - I got the result I wanted but the agent was just rude. What I do is to just file another reservation file another claim, make sure that you state very clearly to avoid the same issues (in your case I'll stress it's GBP not USD).
And it's much faster and better ensures you get the lower rate before it disappears on the 3rd party site.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
I my experience cancelon.com is not allowed for BRG, this since they do not confirm your booking immediately.
Partially correct. Cancelon is not allowed, but not because of the confirm immediately rule. They are not allowed because they are a reseller of existing room reservations - most of their lower rates are someone with an existing reservation selling it at a lower price to salvage some value out of it because they can no longer use it.

That's the correct why its not eligible to BRG.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Partially correct. Cancelon is not allowed, but not because of the confirm immediately rule. They are not allowed because they are a reseller of existing room reservations - most of their lower rates are someone with an existing reservation selling it at a lower price to salvage some value out of it because they can no longer use it.

That's the correct why its not eligible to BRG.
Ok, that is not what MB BRG team communicated to me, that of course does not mean that you are incorrect probably just yet another uninformed associate
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
More surprise! One of my claim using cancelon.com had been approved a couple of months ago.
X-ON and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
China - Does anyone have a site (other than Trip.com) that is good for BRG? I have not been successful finding anything that seems to work! Feel free to PM...Thanks!!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Can I ask how the BRG works for 2 rooms of different category in the same hotel?

Both the 1 king and 2 double I want are significantly cheaper on uk hotels.com both full refundable rates. Will Marriot allow me to match both or only 1?

Reason I ask is because of the disclaimer on the site saying only 1 BRG per location per stay period but then also says up to three rooms per property?

If it is only 1 I'd match the 2 double as I can get the king on a cheaper (but non-refundable rate) if the double match was successful or even book via Hotels.com as I only get EQN for 1 of the rooms anyway.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Can I ask how the BRG works for 2 rooms of different category in the same hotel?

Both the 1 king and 2 double I want are significantly cheaper on uk hotels.com both full refundable rates. Will Marriot allow me to match both or only 1?

Reason I ask is because of the disclaimer on the site saying only 1 BRG per location per stay period but then also says up to three rooms per property?

If it is only 1 I'd match the 2 double as I can get the king on a cheaper (but non-refundable rate) if the double match was successful or even book via Hotels.com as I only get EQN for 1 of the rooms anyway.
Book the 2 rooms you want on Marriott then put in one claim. Make sure you specify in your claim that you’re claiming for 2 rooms, stating the room type, how many adults and whether flexible or non refundable in the notes. You can only put one confirmation in the field on the form so as I believe each room may have a different one. So put these in the notes with the price paid / competing rate for the 2nd room. It’ll be interesting to see if they actually prefer separate claims to be submitted in this case but try this way. Does anyone have any experience with this?!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Book the 2 rooms you want on Marriott then put in one claim. Make sure you specify in your claim that you’re claiming for 2 rooms, stating the room type, how many adults and whether flexible or non refundable in the notes. You can only put one confirmation in the field on the form so as I believe each room may have a different one. So put these in the notes with the price paid / competing rate for the 2nd room. It’ll be interesting to see if they actually prefer separate claims to be submitted in this case but try this way. Does anyone have any experience with this?!
Thanks I've booked the rooms on both sites, as fully refundable for a couple weeks yet. Can still see the lower rates on Hotels.com

I originally did two separate claims then read the T&Cs in a little more detail and thought I'd see if anyone has experience of this on here. Perhaps I'll wait until I get a reply and submit a joint one as you suggest. The annoying thing is because I want two different room types I can't seem to book that as one single reservation on Marriot site
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Thanks I've booked the rooms on both sites, as fully refundable for a couple weeks yet. Can still see the lower rates on Hotels.com

I originally did two separate claims then read the T&Cs in a little more detail and thought I'd see if anyone has experience of this on here. Perhaps I'll wait until I get a reply and submit a joint one as you suggest. The annoying thing is because I want two different room types I can't seem to book that as one single reservation on Marriot site
This should work fine. Keep us posted.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by X-ON
Ok, that is not what MB BRG team communicated to me, that of course does not mean that you are incorrect probably just yet another uninformed associate
I would place far more trust in FT than I would in any random CS associate. Excuses provided to deny BRG claims are irrelevant. You simply have to try again and hope to get somebody else.

Only the lurkers have any track record at all of providing useful and accurate information, but as others have said, they are now getting bogged down in things that the phone centre should be handling...
KRSW likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Hotel Name: The Nines, Luxury Collection
Date of stay: Oct 2019 - 1/nt
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Atrium King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 303.00 USD ++
Competing Rate: 237.30 USD ++
Actual Approved Rate: 177.98 USD++
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

You can BRG any room you want, but only 3 can be rewarded (-25% or 5000 points) in the same location.

If you want 2 different room just do 2 booking and 2 BRG (one per room).
Just consolidate the bill in the first room if you want the points posted correctly for both room.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:55 pm

My experience with these BRGs has always been hit or miss. Most recently, a couple of weeks ago I made a reservation for a trip in late October. The claim was approved in about 12 hours and they even found a slightly lower rate and gave me 25% off of that rate. (I think the rate I booked was around $250, I found $195, and they approved a claim using $192 or so.)

Then, I just tried again yesterday for a stay this week, and the claim was not approved. The rate disappeared in the meantime (bookingbargains.com via trivago), but other lower rates were still available.

Makes me think that with the last-minute BRG claims, their slow response combined with prices changing a lot in the few days before check in, makes it harder to get a claim approved? Generally I seem to have had better luck farther in advance.

I just tried another BRG claim (also for my stay coming up this week) and will post how it goes. This lower rate is on amoma.com, and I've had prior success with them (I had never used, or even heard of, bookingbargains.com).
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:17 pm

Hotel Name: Dulles Airport Marriott
Date of stay: Sep 2019 - 1/nt
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 114 USD
Competing Rate: 88 USD
Actual Approved Rate: 66 USD

Hotel Name: Key Bridge Marriott Arlington
Date of stay: Sept 2019 - 1/nt
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 104 USD
Competing Rate: 85 USD
Actual Approved Rate: 61 USD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.