Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just got a denial for a 3 night stay at a westin....the reason being that i did not book the lowest prepaid rate....i was however comparing a refundable rate with another refundable one....
margarita girl and joakgarp like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Be careful if you’re doing a claim on the app as sometimes, the app doesn’t have the "deals and packages" tab but the mobile version does, and there can be lower rates there on occasion, which is frustrating because you think you’ve booked the lowest rate! However, in your case they may have misread the flexible bit! Did you include it in the notes?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
They should do away with this

it only pisses people off, the BRG people must be recruited from people who have not finished elementary school. Dumber than a bag of hammers for sure!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by ceber
it only pisses people off...
I very much hope they don’t for whilst BRG can be frustrating and difficult I’ve successfully BRG’d 13 of my 21 paid stays so far this year saving a total of $700 on 4 of them and claimed a total of 45,000 points (instead of saving another $200) on the other 9.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:55 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Both approved last week

Hotel Name: Aloft Liverpool
Date of stay: Aug 2019 - 1/nt
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Standard Double
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 102 GBP
Competing Rate: 78 GBP
Actual Approved Rate: 78 GBP + 5,000 points

Hotel Name: Sheraton Heathrow
Date of stay: Sept 2019 - 1/nt
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Standard Double
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 107 GBP
Competing Rate: 93 GBP
Actual Approved Rate: 93 GBP + 5,000 points
Star_Guy likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob

I very much hope they don’t for whilst BRG can be frustrating and difficult I’ve successfully BRG’d 13 of my 21 paid stays so far this year saving a total of $700 on 4 of them and claimed a total of 45,000 points (instead of saving another $200) on the other 9.
I agree. Although there are frustrating times, it’s definitely worth it in the end. I think I’ve had 19 stays so far this year and 15 have been BRGs with 3 more stays on next 2 weeks also on BRGs. I’ve had about 40,000 points and will save around 2500USD this year as a result. So yes, stick with it!
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Keyser
just got a denial for a 3 night stay at a westin....the reason being that i did not book the lowest prepaid rate....i was however comparing a refundable rate with another refundable one....
Same here - got a denial for a 4 night stay. The agent claimed I didn't book member's rate and then denied my claim because he claimed the comparison rate was higher than member's rate which is a total BS. The comparison rate has refundable rate which is the same as Marriott's non-refundable rate.

Anyway, after they denied my claim they changed my claim to member's rate - which is still higher than the comparison site rate. Then I verified a even lower rate was on so I replied and made another ressie and filed another claim.

I don't understand why they have to lie like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ceber
it only pisses people off, the BRG people must be recruited from people who have not finished elementary school. Dumber than a bag of hammers for sure!

I suggest that you forget about BRGs and let the rest of us make our own decisions.

(BRGs are much harder than they used to be with a lower success rate. The discounts are not as significant as they used to be. They often require follow up on the denials to get approval, but I'm willing to put in the time if I can get a better rate.)
Twickenham and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I suggest that you forget about BRGs and let the rest of us make our own decisions.

(BRGs are much harder than they used to be with a lower success rate. The discounts are not as significant as they used to be. They often require follow up on the denials to get approval, but I'm willing to put in the time if I can get a better rate.)
Totally agree - I think BRG is price differentiation - it's for those who have the time to dig out a lower rate because they don't want to pay full price.

I got my claim through after making another ressie and then filed a separate claim, yep it shouldn't be like that in the first place and this time it's their loss because I found an even lower rate. So I total I might have spent 1 hour in going through cashback site, signed in, make reservation and filed a claim, replying to the denial email and then re-do the whole thing again (minus the replying the email). Mr will never spend his time on things like this because if his time cost is much higher than mine.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
My recent claim got partially denied since the agent compared the Marriott non-refund rate instead of my flex booking with the flex 3rd party site ... anyway after calling in it got rectified ... these things happens a little too often.... however comparing flex rate type vs, flex rate type is one features of marriott BRG making it relativity easy to find BRG opportunities.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
...however comparing flex rate type vs, flex rate type is one features of marriott BRG making it relativity easy to find BRG opportunities.
Definitely. This has dramatically improved the BRG experience from SPG times. Same with the ability to get a reply within 24 hours, instead of SPG’s average of 72 hours.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:02 am

Anyone had success getting them to match cancelon.com? Also, are the Swan and Dolphin in Orlando applicable hotels?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by PennyN
Anyone had success getting them to match cancelon.com? Also, are the Swan and Dolphin in Orlando applicable hotels?
I my experience cancelon.com is not allowed for BRG, this since they do not confirm your booking immediately.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:24 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by PennyN
Swan and Dolphin are subject to the BRG rules and quite easy to substantially BRG. Did so last year halving the cost of my stay - tasty!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
So I had contacted William

when my BRG got rejected. First they could not figure out the difference between pounds and dollars, then they said I was using a bundled rate which I was not. William suggested I call and speak to a supervisor. I did not have the stomach for it, but finally called yesterday, spoke to an agent who said she would research the issue and email me back. Not to rub salt in the wounds, but how freaking hard can this possibly be? In theory this is all these folks do all day right? Sadly it is embarrassing at best. Maybe the email will come the same day my LTT card comes in the mail..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.