Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
An update: a manager got back to me and agreed with me that service charge was included on the competing site and was therefore deducted in order to compare. It took 4 days but was worth persevering.

My advice: if you believe a particular agent denied the claim for a reason you believe was false, it might be better to refile with the hope of getting a competent agent. If the rejection persists with different agents, you may then want to fight and escalate.
margarita girl and joakgarp like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
i can still access my approved brg reservations....
You can access them but you can't modify even guest information. I'm not talking about changing dates or bed type but just updating a credit card number or add a Marriott number.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
How come your reservation didn’t have your Bonvoy number attached to begin with? Whenever I book through marriott.com my membership number gets assigned to all my bookings. When they get BRG adjusted, the number stays in.
I didn't say it wasn't. I was just listing things you could no longer do with the reservation even though it does not change anything but guest information. However an example of when the number might not be in there is if your company made it for you or a friend did to match theirs and your number wasn't available to them. It can happen and it seems extreme not to be able to change guest information.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I didn't say it wasn't. I was just listing things you could no longer do with the reservation even though it does not change anything but guest information. However an example of when the number might not be in there is if your company made it for you or a friend did to match theirs and your number wasn't available to them. It can happen and it seems extreme not to be able to change guest information.
I haven’t had any trouble accessing my BRG-adjusted bookings and making modifications (bed type, room preferences, change the credit card on file, etc.). Other types of modifications may have been blocked to prevent fraud regarding BRG rules, such as booking under different names and/or accounts several independent back-to-back stays and then having them all modified to the same name and account number.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Jul 28, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
You can access them but you can't modify even guest information. I'm not talking about changing dates or bed type but just updating a credit card number or add a Marriott number.
i can update my credit card number as well....haven't tried to change my marriott number since there is no need to do so....
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I have an approved reservation I made months ago but they never updated the rate. I did call and they assured me that the hotel does have the new correct rate.
I do have the email I received from LNF, but do you think I will encounter any problems when I get there?
Myself, I would call the hotel direct and confirm the rate. And write down the name of the person you speak to.
YoungBubbie likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I have an approved reservation I made months ago but they never updated the rate. I did call and they assured me that the hotel does have the new correct rate.
I do have the email I received from LNF, but do you think I will encounter any problems when I get there?
I wouldn't go via the hotel route. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago in a RI in CA. I didn't realize that LNF people didn't change the rate (as they used to do it all the time). Anyway checked in and the original rate popped up, FDC said it's the rate shown on my reservation. I dug up my email confirming the lower rate and the FDC actually had to contact LNF department to have the rate adjusted.

If I were you I'd send a friendly email to LNF to ask them to adjust the rate. Remember not all hotels are happy that you are paying a much lower rate than they charged.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I wouldn't go via the hotel route. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago in a RI in CA. I didn't realize that LNF people didn't change the rate (as they used to do it all the time). Anyway checked in and the original rate popped up, FDC said it's the rate shown on my reservation. I dug up my email confirming the lower rate and the FDC actually had to contact LNF department to have the rate adjusted.

If I were you I'd send a friendly email to LNF to ask them to adjust the rate. Remember not all hotels are happy that you are paying a much lower rate than they charged.
Thanks. I will do that.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Do you believe this one:

Hotel Name: Renaissance LHR
Date of stay: 2x Aug 2019 - 2x+1 Aug 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Standard
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 107 GBP INCL. VAT <<<==
Competing Rate: 116 GBP INCL. VAT <<<==
Actual Approved Rate: 87 GBP INCL VAT <<<==
BRG Award: 25%

Anyway got a better one so I canceled the above res.

Hotel Name: Sheraton LHR
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 117 GBP INCL. VAT
Competing Rate: 96 GBP INCL. VAT
Actual Approved Rate: 72 GBP INCL VAT
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Keyser
....haven't tried to change my marriott number since there is no need to do so....
Even an agent can’t do that! I tried before accounts were merged. Not possible!
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by X-ON
Do you believe this one:

Hotel Name: Renaissance LHR
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 107 GBP INCL. VAT <<<==
Competing Rate: 116 GBP INCL. VAT <<<==
Actual Approved Rate: 87 GBP INCL VAT <<<==
T
I dont believe you were approved with the Marriott rate 9 GBP cheaper than the competing rate.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Heathrow REN

8 of the 10 rates on hotels.com were cheaper but BRG could not figure out how to give me a lower rate. They are incompetent boobs.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG, Asia Miles, Skypass
Hotel Name: Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Date of stay: September 2019
Marriott Brand Website Rate: USD134+tax per night
Competing Rate: JPY28700 (include tax and service charge for 2 nights)
Actual Approved Rate: USD86.19 plus tax per night
Respond from: LNF

Hotel Name: Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South
Marriott Brand Website Rate: USD170+tax per night
Competing Rate: USD156.79+tax per night
Actual Approved Rate: USD117.29 plus tax per night
Respond from: BRG

Hotel Name: THE COSMOPOLITAN OF LAS VEGAS, AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION
Room Type: Terrance Studio
Marriott Brand Website Rate: USD180+tax per night
Competing Rate: USD127 include tax per night
Actual Approved Rate: USD84 plus tax per night
Respond from: LNF

Hotel Name: Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel
Marriott Brand Website Rate: USD181+tax per night
Competing Rate: USD171.23+tax per night
Actual Approved Rate: USD128.42 plus tax per night
Respond from: BRG
dagangwood likes this.

Last edited by a288bennie; Aug 1, 2019 at 11:03 am Reason: update error
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I dont believe you were approved with the Marriott rate 9 GBP cheaper than the competing rate.
Well think again, I was ...hence the "believe" expression ...
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Unless the OP found an agent who doesn't understand the concept of foreign exchange.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.