Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Come on! You have to be joking?

And very sad reflection on the inconsistencies and mistakes that are made.
+1000

This mirrors my experience as well when I do multiple BRGs as I often travel with friends. The prices are all over the map for BRGs that are submitted within minutes of each other.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by r3cycle19
What happens when the price on Marriotts side goes down compared to when you booked ...
Is BRG not applicable then?
No.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Originally Posted by margarita girl
+1000

This mirrors my experience as well when I do multiple BRGs as I often travel with friends. The prices are all over the map for BRGs that are submitted within minutes of each other.

Most of us would be thrilled with a 5 out of 6 success rate in exchange for a few bucks up or down on the actual rate...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

its been this way for a while....last year i needed 10 rooms for a family reunion in dubai so i filed a brg for 3 rooms under my name, 3 under my wife's name, 2 under my brother's name & 2 more in different family member's names....all were filed within 15 minutes of each other against the same 3rd party site....marriott's rate was around aed 770 & the 3rd party rate was around aed 550....

my 3 rooms were approved for aed 620....

my wife's 3 rooms were approved for aed 550....

my brother's claim for 2 rooms was denied....

for the last 2 claims, one was approved for aed 600 & the other was denied....
estnet and margarita girl like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:36 am

Last year 3 of us also filed for same hotel using same site.
Two were approved and one denied. I emailed back for them to recheck as their colleague was able to see it.
Then it got approved.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Have never experienced anything related to LNF, but I am now. website indicates sold out, but Expedia is selling the room. What is the suggestion for this????
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CALMSP
Have never experienced anything related to LNF, but I am now. website indicates sold out, but Expedia is selling the room. What is the suggestion for this????
With SPG this would have been an automatic approval. With Marriott, you're SOL. No reservation, no BRG! Sorry.

On another topic, I got a denial from a new email address today. The email came from "Internet Customer Care".
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I guess I am in an alternate universe today. BRG people say they cant see the rate on expedia. send them screen shots, they say they can't see. Then they say that I am using a bundled rate, and that is simply false. Interesting they can see things that don't exist, but can't see things that do? Maybe they are wearing special glasses? They should do away with this, it is only a source of creating even more bad will for these folks.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’m having a battle with a supervisor regarding service charge (10%) not being removed from the competing site as a fair comparison. Despite having around 30 approvals from this particular website, one agent denied it (actually different agents always deny claims for inconsistent reasons) and now I’m having to explain that the website says all taxes and service fees are included but city taxes and resort fees aren’t - they don’t understood that service charge is not a city tax or resort fee.

Has anyone had similar battles before? And once it took 39 hours for a review and not even an apology.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I’m having a battle with a supervisor regarding service charge (10%) not being removed from the competing site as a fair comparison. Despite having around 30 approvals from this particular website, one agent denied it (actually different agents always deny claims for inconsistent reasons) and now I’m having to explain that the website says all taxes and service fees are included but city taxes and resort fees aren’t - they don’t understood that service charge is not a city tax or resort fee.

Has anyone had similar battles before? And once it took 39 hours for a review and not even an apology.
Imo if ota says "all taxes and charges are included" then that should be fine with a print screen of that sentence. Seems the brg team have found something they can use against your claim in the terms?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
They've now completely locked the approved BRG reservation. You can't even go in and update the credit card, the email, or add a Marriott number. This seems extreme to me. Are there any ways around this? Even the Titanium line can't do it.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
They've now completely locked the approved BRG reservation. You can't even go in and update the credit card, the email, or add a Marriott number. This seems extreme to me. Are there any ways around this? Even the Titanium line can't do it.
i can still access my approved brg reservations....
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:54 am

I have an approved reservation I made months ago but they never updated the rate. I did call and they assured me that the hotel does have the new correct rate.
I do have the email I received from LNF, but do you think I will encounter any problems when I get there?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
How come your reservation didn’t have your Bonvoy number attached to begin with? Whenever I book through marriott.com my membership number gets assigned to all my bookings. When they get BRG adjusted, the number stays in.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Imo if ota says "all taxes and charges are included" then that should be fine with a print screen of that sentence. Seems the brg team have found something they can use against your claim in the terms?
It says all taxes and fees included but in the T&Cs it says it doesn’t include resort fees, city tax etc. It doesn’t explicitent say service charge but service fees are being included in the small print. Even though it still says all taxes and fees included one agent questioned it then I had to escalate. The supervisor quoted only part of the terms so I’m now escalating with supervisor for a second time and I included the terms that said all taxes and fees included. Why do they think a website would say that they 10% would be mysteriously charged by the hotel?! It’s just crazy. And I’ve had about 30 claims from this site with no problems. I think next time it’s better to forget that claim and submit a new one with the hope of getting a sensible agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.