Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by KRSW
Time to process: 17 hours (on a weekend, no less)
Hotel Name: Westin City Center, Washington DC
Arrival Date: 8-May
Departure Date: 10-May
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1/room
Room Type: 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $952 incl. taxes/fees
Competing Rate: $784 incl. taxes/fees
Actual Approved Rate: $725 incl taxes/fees
Savings: $226
LNF Award: 25% off

This one took two tries (my fault, not BRG), but ended up working out much better than my first attempt.
Something doesn’t make sense here. $784 less 25% = $588. Where does the $725 come from?
Old May 8, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: qantas, malaysia,starwoon,hilton
Agreed. Should be $588 approved
Old May 8, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mona lisa
Agreed. Should be $588 approved
I concur as well unless the LNF agent didn’t find the exact rate that the member sent but a different rate that was still lower on the OTA?
Old May 8, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone successfully filed a LNF claim for Hawaii recently? I’m going there next week and wanted to see if it was doable to try and save some money.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: AEROPLAN, SPG GOLD
Hotel: Ritz Carlton Pentagon City
Check In: June 28, 2019
Check Out: July 1, 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Room Type: Deluxe, Guest Room, 1 King
Rate Type: Standard, Pay at hotel, cancellation by June 25, 2019.
Marriott Rate: $685
Comparison Rate: $556

Got it approved and the new rate is $445. Only thing is it took them about 20 hours to look at it from the time I submitted the claim. As a result, the comparison rate went up to $593. Otherwise, the new rate should have been $417. Nevertheless, I am still happy with it.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Something doesn’t make sense here. $784 less 25% = $588. Where does the $725 come from?
Marriott's BRG team broke the rate down by individual days. First day was the same price for both, second day was substantially less on the OTA and they based it from that.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by KRSW
Marriott's BRG team broke the rate down by individual days. First day was the same price for both, second day was substantially less on the OTA and they based it from that.

Sigh, Marriott strikes again!
Old May 10, 2019, 3:00 am

DId they change the rule?
I thought the refund policy have to be the same to do a LNF.

I booked a flexible booking and LNF with a lower flexible rates on 3rd party site.
The agent denied my LNF citing that the prepaid rate is lower than my flexible rate on 3rd party site.
Instead of giving me 25% off the rates from 3rd party site, the agent modified my reservation to match my flexible rate to the prepaid rate on Marriott website.

What is the rule now?
Old May 10, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey

I booked a flexible booking and LNF with a lower flexible rates on 3rd party site.
The agent denied my LNF citing that the prepaid rate is lower than my flexible rate on 3rd party site.
Instead of giving me 25% off the rates from 3rd party site, the agent modified my reservation to match my flexible rate to the prepaid rate on Marriott website.

What is the rule now?
No change in the rules, just an untrained agent.

But if you've gotten a lower rate, still flexible, then you've still received a decent discount no?
Old May 10, 2019, 10:23 am

Ya but i want 25% lower than the rate
Old May 10, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey

What is the rule now?
write back and tell them they compared the wrong rates. I always give a lot a detail in the comment section and that helps ... like ‘booked and comparing to refundable rate’ plus any other details. This usually helps a lot.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:12 am

Yes...….AKA the new "DO IT YOURSELF LNF".
Old May 11, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Titanium Elite member here, and my BRG claim was rejected because of "I was unable to locate any availability on ----------- for a Deluxe King room including 20% discount at the Spa and 20% discount off of food and beverage as secured on your Marriott reservation."

I booked the cheapest member rate on Marriott.com and I believe that the 20% off Food and Spa is already a Titanium elite member benefit at Marriott hotels.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:27 pm

I have submitted 2 LNFs as of late, the first was actually better than expected. By the time they processed the claim, the agent found and honoured an even lower rate .

Marriott hotel name: JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Check-in date: 2019-11-29
Check-out date: 2019-11-30
Marriott rate reserved: 351 USD
Lower rate found or reserved: 282 USD

Comparison Rate Used: 221 USD per night inclusive of Tax and Fees
LNF Rate: 147.00 USD per night plus Tax and Fees

Now the 2nd claim I made took more persistence. It was declined at first "At the time your claim was processed, the comparison site was not allowing for a real time reservation to be processed. This is a requirement of the terms and conditions of the program. Since I cannot verify the rate, I am unable to approve your claim." I checked again, the rate was lower and I could in fact make the reservation in real time so I resubmitted the claim. This time the rate increased by the time they processed the claim.

Marriott hotel name: ROYAL PALM SOUTH BEACH MIAMI, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO RESORT
Check-in date: 2019-11-29
Check-out date: 2019-11-30
Marriott rate reserved: 404 USD
Lower rate found or reserved: 199.85 USD

Comparison Rate Used: $208.90 USD plus taxes and fees
LNF Rate: $156.68 USD plus taxes and fees

Now we have to decide downtown or Miami beach for our stay. We love the JW but thought since we arrive early a beach day would be nicer.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:57 pm

alll the Marriott prepaid rate now includes: "non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, no changes" so technically you can still cancel free of charge within 2 days........ will LNF team allow this to compete 3rd party non-refundable rate? or it's YMMV?

in above case Marriott member prepaid rate is lower, but Marriott general prepaid rate is higher, will this qualifies?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.