Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

This is a property issue. Element NYC was notorious for doing this. I also had it happen at Westin Nusa Dua.
Thanks. I contacted the hotel and they informed me that they still see cancellable 1 day before arrival. They think it's a glitch in Marriott's system.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Thanks. I contacted the hotel and they informed me that they still see cancellable 1 day before arrival. They think it's a glitch in Marriott's system.
This happened to me once for a hotel in Singapore. The LNF supervisor was meant to be fixing it but never did. I called the hotel and they emailed me confirmation it was still cancellable. I suggest you also get it in writing.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
It's been more like 90/10 for me. Most claims are answered within 24 hours.
Been 100% for me but I am in an Asian timezone and have always had a response when I wake up.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:31 am

Hey guys, i can't seem to find this information here. Can someone help me understand the following cancellation policy?

The rate is listed under "Prepay and Save" today (30 March 2019).

Does this mean mean that:
1) They will charge my card immediately upon booking?
2) I can cancel the booking at no charge within 24 hours? Or at 2359 local time on 31 Mar 2019?
3) Will my card be refunded if I cancel within the 24 hours deadline?

Thanks in advance!
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge until March 31, 2019.
  • Please note that we will assess a fee of 249.23 MYR if you must cancel after this deadline. If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card. This fee equals 50 percent of your room charge plus tax for your entire reservation.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by nunogomes
Hey guys, i can't seem to find this information here. Can someone help me understand the following cancellation policy?

The rate is listed under "Prepay and Save" today (30 March 2019).

Does this mean mean that:
1) They will charge my card immediately upon booking?
2) I can cancel the booking at no charge within 24 hours? Or at 2359 local time on 31 Mar 2019?
3) Will my card be refunded if I cancel within the 24 hours deadline?

Thanks in advance!
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge until March 31, 2019.
  • Please note that we will assess a fee of 249.23 MYR if you must cancel after this deadline. If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card. This fee equals 50 percent of your room charge plus tax for your entire reservation.
It should mean that you can cancel the booking until local (hotel) time 23.59 on 31MAR; your card should not be charged until that time. Which hotel is this?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:40 pm
jxd

Thumbs down

.... My LNF for the Le Meridien Ile des pins has been rejected for the past 4 or 5 tries, and then today Marriott dropped the price of the property to EXACTLY THE SAME rate as the rate i was comparing it to. What a snitch up.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Bizarre!

I was looking for a BRG at Sheraton FRA for next Oct. The rates I found are as follows:

Bonbon prepaid rate: 149 Euros
Bonbon flex rate: 166 Euros
Bonbon package rate: 215 Euros
OTA flex rate: 142 Euros

So I made a flexible reservation at 166 Euros and submitted the BRG which was denied. No surprise there. The reason it was denied per the agent, is because I didn't book the lowest rate available on the website, so she kindly modified my reservation to 117 Euros (flexible) and sent me a copy. Except, there is no rate of 117 Euros. I even called Customer Service to see if they could find it and they saw the same rates I did, 149 and 166 Euros. Not quite as good as what I was hoping for, but I guess I'll take it. Bonbon moves in mysterious ways.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:45 pm

I was looking for a BRG at Sheraton FRA for next Oct. The rates I found are as follows:

So I made a flexible reservation at 166 Euros and submitted the BRG which was denied. No surprise there. The reason it was denied per the agent, is because I didn't book the lowest rate available on the website, so she kindly modified my reservation to 117 Euros (flexible) and sent me a copy. Except, there is no rate of 117 Euros. I even called Customer Service to see if they could find it and they saw the same rates I did, 149 and 166 Euros. Not quite as good as what I was hoping for, but I guess I'll take it. Bonbon moves in mysterious ways.
Well that’s a new one!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
LNF best rate guarantee not honored

First time trying LNF and no go. I sent them the confirmation of my reservation (print out) and a link to the reservation.
What am I doing wrong?

As it turns out plans changed so I don't need this reservation but I would like to see if I can the BRG to work in future.

Reply was:
Arrival Date: April 6,2019
Reservation Confirmation Number: 88672633

When evaluating your claim we must compare the same booking conditions confirmed as your official Marriott reservation including room type, dates of stay, and cancellation policies.

Below is the best available rate I was able to find on the comparison site listed on your claim:

Rate: 174 U.S dollars plus tax. Unfortunately we are unable to accept screen shots as evidence. We have to be able to validate the lower rate at the time of review per our terms and conditions of the program.

Since the rate is lower on our website, I am unable to approve your claim.

You can review our terms and conditions here:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi

Safe Travels,

Marriott Best Rate Guarantee
The rate is still available as of this posting.
https://www.priceline.com/relax/at/4...yId=3000002531
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I have no idea except (and btw the hotel website now shows lowest rate as 132 not 174) that the priceline rate is for a STANDARD room, which type is not shown at all on the Marriott site!!????

Originally Posted by rj123456
First time trying LNF and no go. I sent them the confirmation of my reservation (print out) and a link to the reservation.
What am I doing wrong?

As it turns out plans changed so I don't need this reservation but I would like to see if I can the BRG to work in future.

Reply was:

The rate is still available as of this posting.
https://www.priceline.com/relax/at/4...yId=3000002531
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

I guess it's a wrong copy paste mistake
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

I had a similar one this week. Cancelled, re-booked, re-submitted and accepted. Not worth chasing.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cfischer
I had a similar one this week. Cancelled, re-booked, re-submitted and accepted. Not worth chasing.
Mine was outright denied because I supposedly did not book the lowest rate on MR website which was lower than OTA rate. Except, as far as I can tell, that rate doesn’t exist! But agent corrected my reservation to this new lower price I “missed”.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:02 pm

This is so Bizarrio.......I mean Bonvoyio......I just got two approved that I sent in yesterday mid day. Bizarre because I winged these two on a site I have never used and it seemed a little shaky . I can't figure it out - I send in legit ones that I feel are no-brainers and they get denied and these two get approved. LOL. The email said rates were adjusted for the first night because the Marriott site was cheaper to match it and yada, yada, yada ........I was confused and couldn't follow it. Another weird thing was I received an email from "lightspeed" which I have never before. It looked like it came from the hotel itself but the rate was incorrect? Go figure. It shows correctly on my account though so I might have to call them just to make sure everything is on the up ^ up. The other one was reflected as a Best Rate on the reservation which is good. Definitely newbies taking care of business at the LNF desks over this weekend.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Submitted my first LNF claim today via the online form. Got this email
We have received your message, and you will receive a reply from a team member soon; however, the message was received at an email account that will be discontinued soon. Please direct all future correspondence regarding Marriott’s Best Rate Guarantee to [email protected]. Thank you!
Good job Marriott....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.