Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Another DP for Marriott plat to plat instead of plat premier. I was at Marriott plat that I got via plat challenge couple of months back.
Exact same issue here. My SPG points haven't even transferred over yet so I'm not overly concerned. I'm sure they're still working on getting everything merged so I expect to see the status update in the next few days.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by midnightblade
Exact same issue here. My SPG points haven't even transferred over yet so I'm not overly concerned. I'm sure they're still working on getting everything merged so I expect to see the status update in the next few days.
I think the reason some of us are concerned by this is that "natural" Plats are already displaying as Platinum Premier.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think the reason some of us are concerned by this is that "natural" Plats are already displaying as Platinum Premier.
By "natural" do you mean earned without a challenge or matched status? My husband was "earned" Plat for this year, and also lifetime Plat as of last month, so he should be Plat Premier now. The website and app both have him as Plat. His next stay isn't until Aug 30, so he'll give it a few days and then call.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No they are not. Numerous posts above, including mine of them having Plat status and Lifetime Plat Premier status simultaneously.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
No they are not. Numerous posts above, including mine of them having Plat status and Lifetime Plat Premier status simultaneously.
I didn't say that everyone was displaying properly. Many lifetime PP also seem to be displaying incorrectly (though that seems to be a situation where displays are inconsistent), and there may be others as well.

The main point - which you obviously missed - is that many members are reporting displaying PP. The single group that is consistently reporting an error is those of us who status challenged to Marriott Plat.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:15 pm

My new level is Platinum Elite not Platinum Premier Elite

I had a platinum challenge last year.So i still is a Platinum Elite before 8.18.But today i found my new level is Platinum Elite,not Platinum Premier Elite
As the Announce by Marriott Reward,the Platinum Elite should be a Platinum Premier Elite after 8.18Rewards Elite Tier Today
Elite Tier in August
Silver Elite with 10-24 nights
Silver Elite
Silver Elite with 25-49 nights
Gold Elite
Gold Elite
Platinum Elite
Platinum Elite
Platinum Premier Elite
Platinum Elite with 100 nights and $20k in qualifying spend
Platinum Premier Elite with ambassador
Does anyone have the same issue as me?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:24 pm

I didn't say that everyone was displaying properly. Many lifetime PP also seem to be displaying incorrectly (though that seems to be a situation where displays are inconsistent), and there may be others as well.

The main point - which you obviously missed - is that many members are reporting displaying PP. The single group that is consistently reporting an error is those of us who status challenged to Marriott Plat.
Agreed. I haven't seen a single DP of this group get PP but have other groups reporting some successful DPs of PP
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:38 pm

Many. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...reads-186.html
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not seen a single Lifetime PP say they were correctly displaying on their current status.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I have not seen a single Lifetime PP say they were correctly displaying on their current status.
Yes.

I'm a Lifetime PP.

On my computer using a web browser, when I sign in with my Rewards account and scroll down to where my points and nights are displayed, it shows "Platinum Elite." If click on my name in the upper right corner, it shows "Platinum Premier Elite."

On my iPhone, the Marriott app shows "Platinum Premier Elite."

I'm not worried about "Premier" missing in one case. I assume it will be fixed soon, but the developers still have more pressing problems to fix.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
'Unnatural' Plat. Here, waiting patiently for PP to show... on the page or in the upgraded App.

But not so patiently because I have a stay at a Ritz this Sunday, and the sooner the status maps, the best chances to give the PP only upgrades a shoot I guess!

Haven't called yet assuming the chaos, but most definitely will call if not mapped til' Wednesday.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:48 pm

Nothing in their system is correct yet. Last year I was SPG Platinum 75 which should also be Platinum Premier a but it only shows me as Platinum Elite too.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
Marriott system still not right

They still have a ways to go before things are synced up. These two screens from the new app sum it up nicely...
I was Platinum (not from a match) before the update. I am still showing current status as regular Platinum, not Premier.
​​​​

This summary info is essentially correct to the best of my knowledge.

Lifetime, not even close based on the current rules.

Last edited by WoodyWindy; Aug 20, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA (former CO), TrueBlue, Etc.
As an update, I'm a Very Unnatural Platinum - I got my status several years ago as part of a working relationship promotion... It was supposed to be for one year, and has gone on for nearly five now.

I am thinking that as nice as having the "PP" on my account might be, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

I'm actually even hesitant to combine my accounts, as Starwood always lists an "expiration date" and Marriott doesn't.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:19 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by patchmonkey
As an update, I'm a Very Unnatural Platinum - I got my status several years ago as part of a working relationship promotion... It was supposed to be for one year, and has gone on for nearly five now.

I am thinking that as nice as having the "PP" on my account might be, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

I'm actually even hesitant to combine my accounts, as Starwood always lists an "expiration date" and Marriott doesn't.

Any thoughts?
Don't ruin a good thing by being greedy.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.