Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CLEguy
It is marketed as a single point of contact to resolve issues, but I can assure you that the Ambassador team is not equipped to do anything except make, change, and cancel reservations; reach out to properties in advance to put you in touch with those teams; and apply SNAs. They cannot help with your account, they cannot make your Choice Benefit, and they cannot follow up on system/point issues on your behalf. Frankly, the Lurker team here is much better equipped to handle issues than the Ambassadors, in my experience.
They request Your24 for you. I've had a success with that,with one attempt, so the score is 1-0 in my favor. The hotel was legacy Marriott and I suspect I was their very first Your24 request, with my Ambassador apparently having to educate the hotel about the benefit (although the hotel did seem to have an airline contract that permitted pilots to check out very late, so they should have been accustomed to room blocking and housekeeping logistics associated with Your24).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:51 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
It is marketed as a single point of contact to resolve issues, but I can assure you that the Ambassador team is not equipped to do anything except make, change, and cancel reservations; reach out to properties in advance to put you in touch with those teams; and apply SNAs. They cannot help with your account, they cannot make your Choice Benefit, and they cannot follow up on system/point issues on your behalf. Frankly, the Lurker team here is much better equipped to handle issues than the Ambassadors, in my experience.
On the contrary, my Ambassador helped me resolve many issues with my account and account point balance. She followed up to confirm the correct point totals were applied and returned to me after the Aug 18 conversions and Cat 7 drop in redemption cost. When I noticed or believed there were errors, she actually reconfirmed the numbers and corrected me. She helped me make my Choice Benefit for the “extra” 5 SNAs for 75 nights even after I’d already chosen 10 SNAs for reaching 50 nights well before Aug 18. She has followed up on numerous awards and points issues.

I think legacy SPG Ambassadors were much more helpful in this difficult transition period. I think new Ambassadors were having a much tougher time navigating this transition period. But I also think that many if not most of the new Ambassadors have been learning quickly, and issues that were tougher for them to handle or resolve in August and September are easier for them to handle and resolve now. That’s both because the IT has improved greatly and because new Ambassadors have had the chance to learn more in these challenging first few months.

Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by bhrubin

On the contrary, my Ambassador helped me resolve many issues with my account and account point balance. She followed up to confirm the correct point totals were applied and returned to me after the Aug 18 conversions and Cat 7 drop in redemption cost. When I noticed or believed there were errors, she actually reconfirmed the numbers and corrected me. She helped me make my Choice Benefit for the “extra” 5 SNAs for 75 nights even after I’d already chosen 10 SNAs for reaching 50 nights well before Aug 18. She has followed up on numerous awards and points issues.

I think legacy SPG Ambassadors were much more helpful in this difficult transition period. I think new Ambassadors were having a much tougher time navigating this transition period. But I also think that many if not most of the new Ambassadors have been learning quickly, and issues that were tougher for them to handle or resolve in August and September are easier for them to handle and resolve now. That’s both because the IT has improved greatly and because new Ambassadors have had the chance to learn more in these challenging first few months.
Your experiences are well established as being several standard deviations from the mean, I think.
C17PSGR and Keyser like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:17 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Your experiences are well established as being several standard deviations from the mean, I think.
Actually, my experiences perhaps are off the mean only compared with this relatively fringe audience on FlyerTalk. I doubt my experiences are quite as off the mean for the actual total population of Ambassador guests. Especially among those whose spending puts them in the neighborhood of Marriott’s new $20K spending threshold.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Actually, my experiences perhaps are off the mean only compared with this relatively fringe audience on FlyerTalk. I doubt my experiences are quite as off the mean for the actual total population of Ambassador guests. Especially among those whose spending puts them in the neighborhood of Marriott’s new $20K spending threshold.
I think they are... I work with several people who have the Ambassador service and I have not heard of any positive experiences. They are not apart of the fringe audience of FT. I assumed it was spend related but my coworker with >$40k spend this year has attested that his experience is just mediocre and they've never received anything out of the ordinary.
C17PSGR, Keyser and Segments like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I called into the ambassador desk this morning.

Of course, it didn't recognize my phone. So I had to go through the process of providing my number and confirming my ID to the on-duty ambassador who answered.

After four unanswered emails and two unreturned phone calls I have had it with the ambassador assigned to me. I asked for a new ambassador to be assigned. The on-duty ambassador said she would file my request and I would be contacted by a supervisor within 48 hours. Ugh.
I received a call from someone in legacy Starwood (judging by caller ID) just now. She called because she understood that I wanted to speak with someone regarding my Ambassador. It didn't sound as if she had actually been given any notes on my call requesting a new ambassador, but at least I was contacted within 48 hours.

I had to go over everything again, including my frustration with the lack of response from my ambassador.

Apparently, they are also in the process of switching to a new system so any preferences or notes saved on your file may not be saved to the new system. I'm not sure if this is only applicable to legacy SPG ambassadors or if this is something ambassador-wide.

She told me she would get back to me within a week with a new ambassador.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I think they are... I work with several people who have the Ambassador service and I have not heard of any positive experiences. They are not apart of the fringe audience of FT. I assumed it was spend related but my coworker with >$40k spend this year has attested that his experience is just mediocre and they've never received anything out of the ordinary.
My colleague, who spends around 200 nights in hotels and plans about $250,000 of events with Marriott, has had ambassador service since August and hasn't been contacted by his ambassador.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:04 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mvitale
I'm sorry, but that's simply not correct. I've reached out to my Ambassador at least twice, and she's been able to resolve missing stay/points/nights issues for me.

-mvitale
+1
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:29 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
My Ambassador has fixed several points issues on my behalf resulting in large points refunds.

So far the only thing she hasn’t been able to help with is inability to see any activity for over 6 weeks. But to be fair, even William has not been able to help with that one.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by damon88

My Ambassador has fixed several points issues on my behalf resulting in large points refunds.

So far the only thing she hasn’t been able to help with is inability to see any activity for over 6 weeks. But to be fair, even William has not been able to help with that one.
but shouldn’t I be able to email a normal mailbox and have this sorted out quickly? I just don’t see it necessary to have a single point of contact to chase down points for me.

In the new Marriott I think this service is necessary since the platinum desk is so abysmal. In L-SPG I could chat or call in and get a helpful platinum person who could help track down lost points. I ideally would prefer a dedicated “super help desk” instead of a single point of contact.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:09 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

but shouldn’t I be able to email a normal mailbox and have this sorted out quickly? I just don’t see it necessary to have a single point of contact to chase down points for me.

In the new Marriott I think this service is necessary since the platinum desk is so abysmal. In L-SPG I could chat or call in and get a helpful platinum person who could help track down lost points. I ideally would prefer a dedicated “super help desk” instead of a single point of contact.

Absolutely!

But you may be inadvertently ascribing the crime to the wrong group. Ambassadors and the Ambassador team handled emails and calls super well and were very responsive...until Aug 18.

Then Marriott screwed the pooch with an epic series of IT fiascos and asinine tech choices. The new IT eliminated the secure servers where Ambassadors saved vital information for their guests. The new IT changed Ambassador email addresses and/or servers, causing many if not most Ambassadors to never receive the emails sent to them or be able to access voicemail messages left for them. The new IT prevented emails that otherwise would have automatically forwarded to the General Ambassador service when your own Ambassador was unavailable/away. The new IT thereby also slowed the proces by which new Ambassador guests heard from the program and even were assigned their Ambassadors. The new IT also changed and often precluded Ambassadors from doing what previously were pretty routine tasks.

That’s all in addition to the inaccurate and incorrect details that were being caused by the merged IT systems. Ambassdors were just as out of the loop to fix those as anyone else until the IT people finally got around to them. They still are trying to fix IT errors.

The Ambassadors haven’t screwed up as much as the Marriott IT team and IT choices that crippled their ability to effectively do their jobs. Those IT mistakes are slowly being remedied, and so we are seeing better Ambassador results and the Ambassadors and Ambassador team finally are getting workable systems that actually allow them to do their jobs!

Of course, you’re always welcome to contact the regular Platinum line. But you’ll soon discover that Ambassadors are far more capable to help you once they have their systems working to let them do their jobs.

Last edited by bhrubin; Nov 6, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:28 pm
Suspended

For what it's worth, I just had a senior manager from the ambassador service contact me. That's the second contact today after calling this morning to change my ambassador. So they're obviously listening. Maybe others who haven't been contacted or aren't hearing anything should call in and ask for a manager instead of just complaining on Flyer Talk.
C17PSGR and RogerD408 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:43 pm

For what it's worth, I just had a senior manager from the ambassador service contact me. That's the second contact today after calling this morning to change my ambassador. So they're obviously listening. Maybe others who haven't been contacted or aren't hearing anything should call in and ask for a manager instead of just complaining on Flyer Talk.
Been there and was assigned the “very best” ambassador. Again, the concept is great but just doesn’t have much value and cannot provide much value to the “average” ambassador level guest. It’s an average service at best and for anyone to try to claim it’s extraordinary is either an edge case or overstating the benefits their getting due solely to their ambassador.

I spent 9 months of no communications from my ambassador before being assigned my new one. With the new ambassador, I’ve never had any proactive communications and the three things I’ve reached out to were never taken care of. So much for the very best.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:05 pm
Suspended

With the new ambassador, I’ve never had any proactive communications and the three things I’ve reached out to were never taken care of. So much for the very best.
What were the three things?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:27 pm

What were the three things?
1. Missing hotel points from a stay - still pending since August
2. Booking at a higher category hotel (when the new points kicked in and weren’t bookable online) - after 1 week of no response I called in and booked myself
3. Contact name of a hotel personnel - I cannot get into the details

Great to have a single point of contact but when they cannot complete what I deem as simple task it’s hard to find the value in the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.