Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Yup

I copied her and corporate. I said I just assumed she retired because I never hear from her. Then I heard...
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
They should have the $100 cash guarantee

You know how some Marriott properties give you $100 cash on the spot if they don't honor certain requests or offer Platinum Amenity? They should expand that to the Ambassador program - requests made via Ambassador not honored or no response from Ambassador within 24 hours - you get $100 cash! That will fix the program.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JBauer
The fastest response ever got from my ambassador, was the response to my email to change ambassadors. I’m not sure what to make of that.

Maybe the Ambassador was happy to see your email because she now has one fewer client making requests of her.
JBauer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Look No Further

Me: Hi can you please check on my look no further guarantee. I booked 2 rooms on one reservation, and submitted the LNF claim as two rooms. The reservation was automatically split into two. However, but the claim was applied to only one room.

Ambassador: The best rate guarantee only applies to you, not your family and friends.

Me. Look no further is not an elite benefit, it applies to everyone.

Look No Further® Guarantee Claim Form

Want to get our best available rate? With our Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee, you always will. And it’s easy:
  1. Book your stay direct with us through one of our official online reservation channels, by calling our reservations line, or by visiting one of our hotels.
  2. If you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type and dates within 24 hours of making your reservation, submit a Look No Further® Guarantee claim form. We’ll review the claim, and if approved, we’ll match the rate and give you an additional 25% discount on the room or 5,000 Marriott Loyalty Program Points…it’s up to you.

Awaiting response.

I did email look no further team, a few days ago and did not get a response so I thought I would try the Ambassador.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by bhrubin
So my 5 SNAs for our StR Bal Harbour 5 night award stay didn’t clear as of yesterday...and yet we arrived today and were upgraded to a Royal Suite (2 bedrooms). So I get the massive upgrade and didn’t even use the SNAs.

I’d mentioned to my Ambassador that I’d love this 2 bedroom Royal Suite since we’ll be joined in a few days by our great friends for 2 nights of our stay (using my points for a second award stay). But I didn’t think she’d be able to get it for me. Not only that, but the hotel refunded the points for the second room despite my protests.

Let’s just be clear that the Royal Suite isn’t part of the SNA or standard suite upgrade pool. This specialty suite is the 3rd highest category suite in the hotel.

My Ambassador rocks.
Can we all convert over to your Ambassador?
C17PSGR, damon88, JBauer and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
As another data point, my stays have been crediting but I had a couple of stays in a row that didn't post. I just uploaded them to the website on Wednesday to get credit but didn't send them to my ambassador. I received an email today from my ambassador telling me that she had credited them to my account and telling me I can just email any to her in the future. That's about a 36 hour turn around and interesting that an upload to the website would get referred to her.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That’s a positive and frankly a bit of a surprise. I know back in SPG days I made a few requests of the Starwood system ignoring my Ambassador who was contacted internally when problems arose so that he could tackle them and ensure that I didn’t get a half assed answer back.

I’ve seen no evidence of the system cooperating with my Ambassador since the merger, so maybe things are on the up (I’m doing very few stays with Marriott at the moment, so I don’t have many data points).
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
I've also requested a new Ambassador after several interactions with my assigned one who was incidentally also my prior SPG Ambassador. The deal breaker for me was when I emailed her about an Autograph hotel which seemed to not be complying with providing Platinums with breakfast claiming they were "exempt". The response I got was that Autograph hotels only have to offer 1,000 points OR a $10 credit BUT if this had been a resort I would receive breakfast
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe Ambassadors should be required to pass a test on Starriott elite benefits and general program rules.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
I have had great experiences so far. It took awhile to get one assigned to me (earned it at the time of migration but was never contacted; patiently waited until I enlisted the help of Starwood Lurker a couple weeks ago). However, since my initial contact, she's been great. Had a pleasant conversation to discuss my needs and preferences, set expectations, etc. While I don't expect to use my ambassador all that much, she's been extremely helpful this past week. She's been super responsive. I sent in a list of missing points ranging from the past seven months EOD last Friday and by Monday morning the missing points had already been added. She tried to change a mistake I made in selecting my Annual Choice Benefit (completely my fault) and while unable change, she kept me apprised of her efforts; and gifted some bonus points since I never received a reply from my email sent over two months ago about this issue. I had a free night award that I previously got extended but was unable to use online when I went to book; she took care of that for me. Had a missing stay that I requested a week ago online; was going to wait but since I was emailing with her, I sent her my folio and within 30 minutes had the stay posted.

So, I've had nothing but great experiences so far.
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:17 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by puddy
I have had great experiences so far. It took awhile to get one assigned to me (earned it at the time of migration but was never contacted; patiently waited until I enlisted the help of Starwood Lurker a couple weeks ago). However, since my initial contact, she's been great. Had a pleasant conversation to discuss my needs and preferences, set expectations, etc. While I don't expect to use my ambassador all that much, she's been extremely helpful this past week. She's been super responsive. I sent in a list of missing points ranging from the past seven months EOD last Friday and by Monday morning the missing points had already been added. She tried to change a mistake I made in selecting my Annual Choice Benefit (completely my fault) and while unable change, she kept me apprised of her efforts; and gifted some bonus points since I never received a reply from my email sent over two months ago about this issue. I had a free night award that I previously got extended but was unable to use online when I went to book; she took care of that for me. Had a missing stay that I requested a week ago online; was going to wait but since I was emailing with her, I sent her my folio and within 30 minutes had the stay posted.

So, I've had nothing but great experiences so far.
This is where my Ambassador shines- she is like a Super Amazing Platinum Line Rep- Problem solver- Advocate. She gets things done, quickly and efficiently. Your examples are exactly the types of tasks she excels at.

I had read about other’s Ambassadors helping with upgrades and lavishing gifts and that was my initial expectation- It is hard to know for sure but I don’t really see any difference here. Of course I’ve always had great luck with upgrades for many years before I had an Ambassador and continue to do so, so that’s difficult to evaluate. All of the complimentary champagne, flowers, fruit plates, desserts etc are signed by the General Manager- I haven’t received anything signed by my Ambassador yet, although she did take note of my birthday on our initial phone call. That’s coming up so we’ll see.

To be honest I was already satisfied with the Platinum recognition I get at SPG hotels- I have been fortunate to get wonderful upgrades (I still mostly stay at legacy Starwood hotels but my recent stay at a top Marriott property was fantastic). I really don’t know how much more my Ambassador could do here.

So bottom line— I didn’t know what to expect from an Ambassador. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. As it turns out mine has been invaluable during this transition.
unclepants and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
As another data point, my stays have been crediting but I had a couple of stays in a row that didn't post. I just uploaded them to the website on Wednesday to get credit but didn't send them to my ambassador. I received an email today from my ambassador telling me that she had credited them to my account and telling me I can just email any to her in the future. That's about a 36 hour turn around and interesting that an upload to the website would get referred to her.
My ambassador will typically respond within about 6 hours after my e-mail requesting missing stay credit, after doing the credit manually himself. It's one of the best uses I found for my ambassador in this post-integration IT mess.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Well shoot. Based on some of these recent posts I’m starting to regret not trying to make 100 nights at Starriott this year. Not sure if I can reasonably hit 20 more nights this year and I’m assuming it’s still not worth burning ten nights on points just to hit the mark?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
So far, my ambassador (or her colleague) have been responding email promptly.

All the correspondence was cced to ambassador service email as the ambassador personal email seems to be not working somehow..
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by kaizen7
So far, my ambassador (or her colleague) have been responding email promptly.

All the correspondence was cced to ambassador service email as the ambassador personal email seems to be not working somehow..
My ambassador was having the same issues with email, but I think it's been resolved as of this week. Her @marriott address wasn't working properly for replies, so she requested I reply to her old @starwoodhotels address. But as of this week, she has a new marriott email, so hoping that's all worked out. Sounds like more general merge IT issues. When I finally connected with her, she apologized for not contacting me earlier (I qualified at the merge) stating she didn't have my contact info. So, lots of internal issues.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.