Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Between Marriott's lower service and quality standards than SPG, increased response times from my Ambassador, and lack of special requests or recognition on the property level; I see no reason to direct $20K in spend to Marriott just to have an Ambassador.

As somone who was part of the original invitation to the Ambassador program and really, really enjoyed my past engagement with the Ambassador team, I don't say the above lightly.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Between Marriott's lower service and quality standards than SPG, increased response times from my Ambassador, and lack of special requests or recognition on the property level; I see no reason to direct $20K in spend to Marriott just to have an Ambassador.

As somone who was part of the original invitation to the Ambassador program and really, really enjoyed my past engagement with the Ambassador team, I don't say the above lightly.
If you have LT status, will be nice to be a free agent going forward!!!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:00 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'm seeing the nights and spend meter as full, and a congratulation message on having Ambassador status until January 2019. Why is it showing last year's earn instead of this year? Is anyone else seeing this?

Also, I've noticed the quality of Ambassador service has gone down significantly since the merger. It takes days for responses now and I haven't heard from my own Ambassador in a long time.

Also, my account is missing nights left and right, I have reservations coming up in the system I've never heard of… and I see error messages all over the place.

This merger has been the biggest cluster.... I've seen.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I can accept that not all Ambassadors are of the same quality and experience, especially now that the programs have merged. But it’s highly unlikely that any regular Platinum agent is going to be more motivated and/or have more experience and capability than an Ambassador.
not true....i've come across some good plat agents in the past....far better than at least 2 of the ambassadors i have had over the years....
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by helvetic
I'm seeing the nights and spend meter as full, and a congratulation message on having Ambassador status until January 2019. Why is it showing last year's earn instead of this year? Is anyone else seeing this?
It is a known and acknowledged CF...web site shows I'm good to go for next year, app correctly shows I still am $9K or so short.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
It is a known and acknowledged CF...web site shows I'm good to go for next year, app correctly shows I still am $9K or so short.
Perhaps stupid question ... where do you see spend on the website? I see it on the app but not the website.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Perhaps stupid question ... where do you see spend on the website? I see it on the app but not the website.
Log in, go to Overview, scroll down. Mine is below - in reality while I'm well over 100 nights I am nowhere near $20K spend. Yet this shows I have already made the threshold.

unclepants likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Log in, go to Overview, scroll down. Mine is below - in reality while I'm well over 100 nights I am nowhere near $20K spend. Yet this shows I have already made the threshold.
Thanks!

I saw that but wasn't sure where the spend came from.

Coincidentally, while I'm well over the spend and night requirement for next year, mine shows I have ambassador service through January 2019 not 2020. If I had to guess, I suspect it has something to do with overriding the code to identify those who had ambassadors under the legacy Marriott program.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:34 pm

I may have missed the reasons for this earlier in the thread, but my app now does not list my ambassador's contact information. In fact I can't find any information on my ambassador on the website either.

What's up with getting rid of this info? Or where did it get moved to?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Thanks!

I saw that but wasn't sure where the spend came from.

Coincidentally, while I'm well over the spend and night requirement for next year, mine shows I have ambassador service through January 2019 not 2020. If I had to guess, I suspect it has something to do with overriding the code to identify those who had ambassadors under the legacy Marriott program.
That’s funny, whereas I haven’t yet had 100 nights and show my Ambassador through to 2020 :P
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i didn't realise this a couple of months ago but i am pretty close to reaching 100 spg-only nights this year....should cross that this month....still won't make it to $20k spend for the year but at least i should get an ambassador (& more importantly the your24 benefit) for next year....
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:32 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
In printing out my confirmations for our upcoming trip I realized that I should be entitled to a points refund at the Grand Bretagne. Somehow I had missed that one when calculating which awards were eligible for a points refund . I emailed my Ambassador late in the afternoon and the next morning she called to say my refund points were already deposited into my account. Now that’s service.

bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
BHR pointed out to me that pre 8/18, spa would not count at SPG properties (it counted at Marriott). Car service is a third party so it doesn't count under either program.
This was a September stay. And car service at SGS is NOT third party. They have their own fleet.

Getting skimped on points and spend credit is just the Marriott way these days . . . .
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:53 am

I joined SPG program in 2015 and qualified Ambassador service for 4 years in a row including this year.
I'm extremely disappointed with this ambassador service, my expectation was that to have the personal touch with the single point of contact, and the ambassador gets to know my personality, hobbies, requirement, etc. Disappointingly, my ambassador only responded and reacted, like a sloth, literally, when I brought issues to the ambassador.
Like someone said in this thread, I can book hotel room on Starwood website, through OTA, or even through my concierges. Any common request, I can simply raise to the hotel, I don't have to waste my time going through my ambassador, what I needed him/her to do is to have with some special requests.
I remember clearly the first year I qualified the Ambassador service, I used my suite night awards and contacted my ambassador hoping that my request can be cleared sooner with ambassador's help. I didn't know suite night awards can only be cleared automatically couples of days before arrival (Starwood declares that it's all automatic without human intervene, somehow I don't believe the bxxxxit because my other experience proved what I suspected.). Rather than explaining how the suite night awards are declared to work, my ambassador came back to me as a hotel sales representative, repeatedly suggesting me to pay for the upgrade: $35/night for oceanview and $120/night for suite. I'm like, what?! You are my ambassador, who is supposed to the bridge between clients and the hotels, not a salesperson promoting stuffs to me.
I got really frustrated, and told my ambassador that was not what I wanted, I didn't expect my ambassador to break the rules for me (maybe a little, what's why the ambassador service exists, isn't it?) but don't play the opposite. I spoke to the manager of ambassador service and requested a new ambassador. You know what, the new ambassador doesn't get any better. Each time I called, the ambassador is not available to answer my call, well, I'm in west cost while my ambassador is in east coast, fine. I left a voice message, only until couples of days later did I receive a call back. Sent an email, same, couples of days to turn over. What's worse, ever since I qualified the ambassador service, I was like a ball being kicked between customer service and ambassador. Since my ambassador is so hard to get a hold of, I sometimes spoke to the customer service, and they pulled my account and told me that, well sir, you have ambassador, you can let him/her know, or we can pass the details of your case to the ambassador and have him/her follow up with you.
So, I agree with you, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the ambassador, and the entire ambassador service, maybe some of you guys have really good ambassadors who really care about you and want you make your trip and stay better. But unfortunately, I didn't have that luck to find one.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Continued Failure

I phoned and emailed my ambassador on Monday morning this week (yes, I used all 3 variants of her email) and it’s now Friday night and have heard nothing.

I actually have not heard from my ambassador since August 20th despite numerous emails and phone calls. I have had 1 of 4 emails answered, and that one 3 days after sending and by a different ambassador.

The program, for me, is essentially over.
SeeTheLights and myko85 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.