Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
As for legacy Marriott and post 8/18, its definitely working under the Marriott rules which includes charges that are on the folio other than, of course, taxes and resort fees.
That's definitely not being counted for me. I stayed at SGS post 8/18 and only earned points on base room rate. And that's typically 50% (or less) of the total folio when I stay there.

I'm pretty sure as well that all my Marriott spend is not being counted either. I don't know how else you get from over $20k total spend down to $13,450 toward Ambassador.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's definitely not being counted for me. I stayed at SGS post 8/18 and only earned points on base room rate. And that's typically 50% (or less) of the total folio when I stay there.

I'm pretty sure as well that all my Marriott spend is not being counted either. I don't know how else you get from over $20k total spend down to $13,450 toward Ambassador.
I had a stay in August at one of the JW's in Caljfornia. The full spend (less taxes) was credited and it had bar charges and room service for a bottle of wine. It's my understanding from BHR that SPG didn't give credit for alcohol in Cali.

What hotel is SGS? And what examples are the types of things that didn't count?

Last edited by C17PSGR; Sep 28, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What hotel is SGS? And what examples are the types of things that didn't count?
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Restaurant, spa, car service. This has been consistent across four stays this year. Same at Vana Belle (pre 8/18), where points accrued on less than half my total bill.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Well, I asked my Ambassador to help with some account inconsistencies (missing points, certificates, etc.) and received an email back from my Ambassador with a link to the Contact Us page of the SPG site with an encouragement by my Ambassador to fill it out. I thought having an Ambassador was to get around having to deal with regular customer service like this?

I ask again - is one permitted to request a certain Ambassador as my temporary one was fantastic and I know would have handled this?
Jean97 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Restaurant, spa, car service. This has been consistent across four stays this year. Same at Vana Belle (pre 8/18), where points accrued on less than half my total bill.
BHR pointed out to me that pre 8/18, spa would not count at SPG properties (it counted at Marriott). Car service is a third party so it doesn't count under either program.

So that just leaves the restaurant as the issue. Is it a "third-party" restaurant? I've heard others report of restaurant and point issues at SPG but not sure of the rules.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
So far I am not impressed with the Ambassador service. I qualified for Ambassador service when I merged accounts and by now I have even crossed 100 SPG nights but I am still waiting for my Ambassador to contact me.

Last week my husband and I were staying 4 nights at a Luxury Collection hotel in Europe. The reservation was in my name but my husband was expecting a FedEx package from his client that was sent in his name. I called the Ambassador line and asked them to inform the hotel that he would be the second guest in the room and was expecting a package the day we were checking in. The Ambassador I spoke with assured me he would take care of this and inform the property. He also said that I had been assigned an Ambassador and he would reach out to her to contact me. We arrived at the hotel in the evening and found out that FedEx tried to deliver the package earlier that day but the hotel refused because they had no record of my husband's name in their system. He had to go to the FedEx office nearby to collect the package. I tried to find out what happened with the Ambassador request and the hotel said they never received any such request.

Immediately after this stay, we were staying at an airport Sheraton and I wanted to put in a Your24 request for an early checkin so I again called the Ambassador service and spoke with another Ambassador. She said she would put in the request for me and once again informed me that she could see I was assigned an Ambassador and she would put in a request to have her get in touch with me. I told her about my conversation with the earlier Ambassador a couple of days ago and how he said he would be asking my Ambassador to contact me as well. I also inquired about my request to add my husband's name to the reservation that apparently never made it to the hotel. She said that she could see the notes in the system but for some reason they were not sent to the hotel. She apologised and said that she would immediately be sending an email to my Ambassador to contact me.

A day before our Sheraton stay I had still not heard back from either an Ambassador or the hotel regarding my Your24 request so I once again called the Ambassador line and it turns out the request was never sent to the hotel. The Ambassador apologised and said she would send in a request for an early checkin but it was too late to put in an official Your24 request. She also told me that I have been assigned an Ambassador and was surprised she had not contacted me yet.

We are now a week removed from my last conversation and my Ambassador has yet to contact me. As I said in the beginning, so far I am not impressed with this service.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Whatever tool or system the Ambassadors use to contact hotels seems to have broken as part of the merger. I have an excellent Ambassador, but his ability to communicate with hotels is severely curtailed at the moment - this well could be part of your problem.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
BHR pointed out to me that pre 8/18, spa would not count at SPG properties (it counted at Marriott). Car service is a third party so it doesn't count under either program.

So that just leaves the restaurant as the issue. Is it a "third-party" restaurant? I've heard others report of restaurant and point issues at SPG but not sure of the rules.
The coding of eligible vs. not eligible spend seems to be yet another thing broken by the merger. In house restaurants are not correctly mapped and so I’m seeing that i’m just getting points sometimes for room rate. I’m waiting on a correction on a stay from a week ago.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:08 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

Me neither, just checked out of an STR and only received base points without my 75% bonus for being PPE. Dreading the call to my Ambassador tbh as everything I requested pre stay was not done anyway.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zol
Me neither, just checked out of an STR and only received base points without my 75% bonus for being PPE. Dreading the call to my Ambassador tbh as everything I requested pre stay was not done anyway.
At least "we" have Ambassadors who can eventually get this fixed for us without spending hours on the phone on hold...I feel sorry for regular PPEs/Plats. And I dread becoming one 2/1/19.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
At least "we" have Ambassadors who can eventually get this fixed for us without spending hours on the phone on hold...I feel sorry for regular PPEs/Plats. And I dread becoming one 2/1/19.
Of course that is presuming you have one that is willing to do the work. A properly motivated Plat agent (if there really is such a thing) can far exceed some of the ambassadors I've been reading about.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:39 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Of course that is presuming you have one that is willing to do the work. A properly motivated Plat agent (if there really is such a thing) can far exceed some of the ambassadors I've been reading about.
I can accept that not all Ambassadors are of the same quality and experience, especially now that the programs have merged. But it’s highly unlikely that any regular Platinum agent is going to be more motivated and/or have more experience and capability than an Ambassador.

Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Asked my ambassador to follow up about 2 missing stays, no reply from her.
End up using the missing stay form on Marriott website.

Got 1 processed straight away. but not the 2nd stay.
Will wait until 10 days from submit the request before resubmit.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

The coding of eligible vs. not eligible spend seems to be yet another thing broken by the merger. In house restaurants are not correctly mapped and so I’m seeing that i’m just getting points sometimes for room rate. I’m waiting on a correction on a stay from a week ago.
Originally Posted by Zol

Interesting, I wonder if Marriott didn't realize that there was spend that didn't count at SPG because it counted historically at Marriott ... I suspect this maybe an artifact of Lightspeed, the legacy SPG Property Management System. It is probably reporting spend through the system which isn't getting adjusted when it rolls into the Marriott system.

At legacy MR properties, I'm getting credit for all spend, as always, and stays are posting within a couple of days with the 75 percent bonus.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
At legacy SPG properties I’m getting base points for restaurant spend and 75% elite bonus.

Someone mentioned not getting base points for spa and car services. These are often 3rd party providers and were rarely awarded base points at legacy Marriott properties. Perhaps those not getting restaurant spend credit at legacy Starwood properties are likewise using 3rd party provider options rather than the “house” restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.