Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Your Ambassador really should be replying to you each time confirming that they’ve made the request if they’re any good.

I’d suggest explicitly explaining your expectations a couple of times and if that doesn’t work seek a change of Ambassador (if/ when stuff settles down)

I understand that silence is irritating (especially now when Marriott is so frequently unreliable), but I can also imagine that Ambassador Comms to internal email addresses are not always fit for public consumption.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Either way, I intend to ask the hotel very explicitly when I arrive to please tell me IF and WHEN my Ambassador did (or did not) send the Your24 request to the property. They seem to have lots of vacant rooms, including my room type, available for the date in question, so I would have expected that my odds of a yes would be pretty high for this one, but of course this depends on the hotel actually having received the request.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Either way, I intend to ask the hotel very explicitly when I arrive to please tell me IF and WHEN my Ambassador did (or did not) send the Your24 request to the property. They seem to have lots of vacant rooms, including my room type, available for the date in question, so I would have expected that my odds of a yes would be pretty high for this one, but of course this depends on the hotel actually having received the request.
I strongly suspect that hotels have no formal record of Your24 requests and so I would be quite surprised if they could reliably tell you if they received an email from your Ambassador or not (unless you happen to talk to someone who was dealing with it).
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Quick question - my ambassador used to always leave away messages whenever she was out of office (even if just gone for the night). Have sent two emails (to both her old Starwood and new Marriott address) and not received an out of office message (nor a response from her - although it's only been two days). Is this normal (no out of office message) or is it possible my ambassador is no more?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Anecdotally I believe there to be serious problems with the implementation of Your24. My Ambassador has been pushing Al Maha for a response for nearly 2 weeks now, and the RC in Barcelona are just ignoring him. Because the whole process is now offline rather than by a system my strong suspicion is that more often than not it simply won’t be addressed by the hotel.

No way to hold your Ambassador accountable on these things. I’m very lucky in that mine is utterly reliable, though right now he’s basically not a lot of use as everyone seems to be ignoring him.
I tried to use the Your24 program a couple of weeks back. The hotel had no clue what it was; their response was to have me book starting the day before if I wanted to check in at 11AM.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ethernal
Quick question - my ambassador used to always leave away messages whenever she was out of office (even if just gone for the night). Have sent two emails (to both her old Starwood and new Marriott address) and not received an out of office message (nor a response from her - although it's only been two days). Is this normal (no out of office message) or is it possible my ambassador is no more?
It may be possible she is no more, but I think also likely that she is swamped. I finally received a call from my Ambassador on Friday and she told me that they are so backlogged that sometimes, it might take a week or more to respond to things. She expressed frustration of that being the case and said that as a Starrwood Ambassador, she was accustomed to addressing needs right away, but that at this moment in time, it just is taking longer, especially with the Starwood folks trying to ramp up their knowledge of Marriott processes. It would probably be helpful if she had an auto-response explaining that for now, a response will take longer.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by sinfonia
I tried to use the Your24 program a couple of weeks back. The hotel had no clue what it was; their response was to have me book starting the day before if I wanted to check in at 11AM.
Your24 is the most useless benefit. I'm surprised they even have it. All it does it lead to missed expectations. This is one area where I would rather they just say "top priority for early check-in" rather than create a false guarantee that is never approved.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Let me guess, a legacy MR property? Did you go through your Ambassador? Not surprised a FDC not being informed. Curious what they would have done if it was approved and you showed up at 11am? The only issue with their advice, although technically correct for members without the Your24 benefit, I would expect the property to process you as a no show before your arrival and possibly cancel the rest of your rez.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:46 am

It may be possible she is no more, but I think also likely that she is swamped. I finally received a call from my Ambassador on Friday and she told me that they are so backlogged that sometimes, it might take a week or more to respond to things. She expressed frustration of that being the case and said that as a Starrwood Ambassador, she was accustomed to addressing needs right away, but that at this moment in time, it just is taking longer, especially with the Starwood folks trying to ramp up their knowledge of Marriott processes. It would probably be helpful if she had an auto-response explaining that for now, a response will take longer.
Fair enough - I've been trying not to bother her ever since the merger - this is the first time I've emailed her. Here's to hoping she's still around!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Let me guess, a legacy MR property? Did you go through your Ambassador? Not surprised a FDC not being informed. Curious what they would have done if it was approved and you showed up at 11am? The only issue with their advice, although technically correct for members without the Your24 benefit, I would expect the property to process you as a no show before your arrival and possibly cancel the rest of your rez.
Indeed; a legacy MR property, albeit quite new. I did not go through my Ambassador because I did not have one at that time. I mentioned Your24 to the front desk manager a few times, stating that I did not yet have an Ambassador assigned but wished to use it. She just simply did not know what it was and so did not agree to guarantee anything before standard check-in time, and I dropped it. Maybe part of the lack of knowledge is due to the hotel still being new-ish still perhaps. In any case, I booked for starting the day before as she suggested, then later thought that was ridiculous, so I changed the booking to the day I actually wished to check in, and I DID show up at 11 AM! Not a word was said about being there too early to check in. They made a big deal about my being LPP (as if I had just achieved the status, but I was grandfathered in) and the manager came out to greet me personally. Still no mention of Your24, but judging from their recognition of LPP, I think they were just trying to make it a good stay for us, and indeed, we did appreciate it.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Your24 is the most useless benefit. I'm surprised they even have it. All it does it lead to missed expectations. This is one area where I would rather they just say "top priority for early check-in" rather than create a false guarantee that is never approved.
its actually a great benefit....i've lost count of the number of times i've been able to keep the room till late in the evening because i checked in late in the evening the previous day....my most recent your24 request let me keep the room till 11pm at night as my flight was at 2am....if it was not for your24 then i would have either had to vacate the room at 4pm of pay for an extra night....
EuropeanPete and UA-NYC like this.

Last edited by Keyser; Sep 25, 2018 at 10:36 am
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Indeed; a legacy MR property, albeit quite new. I did not go through my Ambassador because I did not have one at that time. I mentioned Your24 to the front desk manager a few times, stating that I did not yet have an Ambassador assigned but wished to use it. She just simply did not know what it was and so did not agree to guarantee anything before standard check-in time, and I dropped it. Maybe part of the lack of knowledge is due to the hotel still being new-ish still perhaps. In any case, I booked for starting the day before as she suggested, then later thought that was ridiculous, so I changed the booking to the day I actually wished to check in, and I DID show up at 11 AM! Not a word was said about being there too early to check in. They made a big deal about my being LPP (as if I had just achieved the status, but I was grandfathered in) and the manager came out to greet me personally. Still no mention of Your24, but judging from their recognition of LPP, I think they were just trying to make it a good stay for us, and indeed, we did appreciate it.
that's not how your24 request works....a request has to be sent to the hotel 24 hours before you check-in with your requested check-in & check-out times....now you can't request it yourself as it can only be done through an ambassador....
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:26 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I completely disagree. I’ve used Your24 at legacy SPG hotels for many years and have been thrilled to have that perk available to me. While it hasn’t always been approved, I’d still say I had a success rate over 60% or so over the years. I’d much rather have the benefit that isn’t always available than never have the benefit at all.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Your24 is (was) awesome.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Now that it's an email, why doesn't the Ambassador send me a copy of the request message that's sent to the hotel? That would at least reassure me that my Your24 was actually requested. At this point, I have no clue whether the Ambassador actually did anything or not and it's frustrating to just get crickets.
I have some sense that Ambassador's aren't always "calling" or "emailing" the property in the way we ordinarily think of. I think they may be sending message to the hotel or adding remarks/flags to a reservation via the internal reservations system. That doesn't mean they don't actually call on occasion (I know mine has done so at least once).
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.