Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Question here. If I cross over 100 nights this year but don't make the spend requirements, what happens in 2019? Do the nights over 75 just roll ever to the next year qualification?...or do they roll over after the 100 level? I am pretty sure I will not make the spend but wanting to see what happens when I don't. Forgive me if this has been answered in another thread.

K
Rollover ended with the merger. Everyone starts 2019 with zero nights. [BTW, SPG never had rollover except for a few targeted promotions that permitted nights earned late in the year to also count for the following year.]
K7Beach likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Question here. If I cross over 100 nights this year but don't make the spend requirements, what happens in 2019? Do the nights over 75 just roll ever to the next year qualification?...or do they roll over after the 100 level? I am pretty sure I will not make the spend but wanting to see what happens when I don't. Forgive me if this has been answered in another thread.

K
Marriott ended rollover nights. Another “isn’t it wonderful for Marriott elites since the new program is adopting many of the legacy SPG benefits/ program design? No, not really. 🤔😢
K7Beach likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Segments

Marriott ended rollover nights. Another “isn’t it wonderful for Marriott elites since the new program is adopting many of the legacy SPG benefits/ program design? No, not really. 🤔😢
Would you rather have rollover nights OR a 4pm late checkout, breakfast at resorts & other brands not had before, SNAs, better point earning, better amenity, ability to earn an Ambassador, and a whole new pool of nicer hotels to choose from?
damon88, unclepants and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Would you rather have rollover nights OR a 4pm late checkout, breakfast at resorts & other brands not had before, SNAs, better point earning, better amenity, ability to earn an Ambassador, and a whole new pool of nicer hotels to choose from?
Well ... if we're being purely objective, the changes from the old MR program are a mixed bag with some improvements and some downgrades. For me,. its a clear downgrade but offset by the breakfast at resorts and broader selection of hotels. But ... at this point, its all irrelevant as they are what they are.

And ... as they are, I'm looking forward to 2020 when the everyone isn't a plat premier. It might even be nice if legacy SPG properties would bother to figure out who the are Plat Premier guests since we're two months into the program ....it seems odd that the guy at a random TownPlace suites understands the program but someone at the W, Westin, and LC don't.

And, of course, I appreciate the concerns that others on this thread have regarding responsiveness of their ambassadors and ability to contact properties by email, although I haven;t had that problem.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Well ... if we're being purely objective, the changes from the old MR program are a mixed bag with some improvements and some downgrades. For me,. its a clear downgrade but offset by the breakfast at resorts and broader selection of hotels. But ... at this point, its all irrelevant as they are what they are.
A downgrade? Wow. I will give you the TP debacle but besides that...green grass and blue skies for Marriott folks.
supatight80 and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Perhaps we can stick to the thread topic of good and bad Ambassador experiences. For other discussions and debates, please refer to the appropriate thread(s). Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
A downgrade? Wow. I will give you the TP debacle but besides that...green grass and blue skies for Marriott folks.
The debate on which was better is kind of irrelevant at this point but for me, no question its a downgrade ... I'm not getting anything better at legacy SPG properties than I did when I was a matched plat and there are way more PPE's at Marriott property so the degree of benefits have been watered down. I've had 4 PM checkout for years, an ambassador for at least a couple of years, but haven't had breakfast at resorts and its good to have more choices. For others it may vary. But that debate is old news ... for all of us, there have been changes -- some good, some bad. But, as always, its property dependent where a TownPlace manager has everyone go through the levels so they can understand but a Luxury Collection manager may not.

Hopefully, MR can get hotels in line with the changes so that all the properties follow the rules. The other problem is that there are now tons of PPE's and its going to take until 2020 to get those numbers back to historical levels.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Perhaps we can stick to the thread topic of good and bad Ambassador experiences. For other discussions and debates, please refer to the appropriate thread(s). Thanks.
Since both my Ambassador and the general Ambassador line has been non-responsive and the Platinum line provides massively better service .... I’ll treat the Ambassador “benefits” as a downgrade.

Only request the Platinum line hasn’t been able to address is getting Ambassadors to respond. They sent back a message saying a Supervisor for the Ambassador service claims there are no issues with broken communication. Per her, email and phone lines are all working properly and Ambassadors are all responsive to requests.

HaHaHaHa .... ROTFL. 😂
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Since both my Ambassador and the general Ambassador line has been non-responsive and the Platinum line provides massively better service .... I’ll treat the Ambassador “benefits” as a downgrade.

Only request the Platinum line hasn’t been able to address is getting Ambassadors to respond. They sent back a message saying a Supervisor for the Ambassador service claims there are no issues with broken communication. Per her, email and phone lines are all working properly and Ambassadors are all responsive to requests.

HaHaHaHa .... ROTFL. 😂
Gotta love the blinders some put on... The simple fact that another department needs to send such a request says there is a problem. Years ago I loved it when a customer suggested our CEO try to get a problem resolved to see what the customers have to put up with when calling for help. Organizations can get out of hand when there are too many people involved. The finger pointing is an easy out when you get the bean counters trying to put metrics on support. If you irritate too many customers you begin the spiral that you can't recover.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I’m a first time Amb status holder, with 90% stays in Marriott. My ambassador has been extremely responsive and helpful, both via email and phone. Just adding a data point to contradict what seems to be a recent theme.
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Every time I try to call an ambassador lately I dont get through. Either it's a few rings then *click* or the hold music never comes on and no one ever answers. I had been trying to get a few issues resolved that included miror things like a stay not crediting and m,ore important, like a property charging my card for random amounts AFTER checkout on a prepaid stay, with no explanation why it's happening - as in multiple times. The only way I got a response from my ambassador was to reach out to William after she was MIA for the better part of a week. prior to that, after the merger I didnt have any interaction with my ambassador, every email I sent to her direct address was answered by someone else on the team.

The only positive experience as of late was a nice little welcome surprise at the le meridian in london on my last stay a week ago, but the card with it was signed from the gm, and didnt mention my ambassador, so I dont know if she arraigned it or the hotel did that on their own.

Given my travel spend and nights for the year, I should have no problem re-qualifying next year, but at this rate I dont see much incentive to go beyond 75 nights next year. As other have suggested Ive discovered just calling the general platinum concierge line gets a faster response.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
My ambassador was slow in responding for the first couple weeks post merger, but now has been responding almost as quickly as she did before, usually same day. I’ve had the same Ambassador since the program started with SPG, so perhaps I’m getting better treatment from her as a result. She told me that the IT issues internally for them post Aug 18 have been extremely time consuming and it takes at least twice as long to get anything done. She also told me that each ambassador is responsible for 150-200 members, although not all of them make use of their ambassador.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver

HaHaHaHa .... ROTFL. 😂
I'd just be happy if someone could get me in contact with my Ambassador. Multiple calls and promises that they will be in touch in the next week never result in anything. I'd like to be able to at least access the benefit.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by CraigerC
I'd just be happy if someone could get me in contact with my Ambassador. Multiple calls and promises that they will be in touch in the next week never result in anything. I'd like to be able to at least access the benefit.
Yeah, mine sent me a bad phone number. If your sig line has an erroneous phone number just how should I believe you have any attention to detail to support HVC?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Yeah, mine sent me a bad phone number. If your sig line has an erroneous phone number just how should I believe you have any attention to detail to support HVC?
That's a creative way to decrease call volume.
ethernal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.