Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I am unsure if the restaurant breakfast is actually included as I only tried the lounge (bit of a rush, not too hungry). If so, this would appear to be a policy change.
This would be an extremely recent policy change, within the last few weeks, if that is the case. See my post here about the confusion with the restaurant breakfast.

​​​​​​​
Only allowed 2 PM late checkout - I asked for 4, which seemed to throw them off, so I moved it up to 2, and they thanked me​​​​​​​
This was my experience too. Fortunately I could change to an earlier train, but I specifically booked a 4 pm departure from Shinagawa in anticipation of the 4 pm late checkout. The Marriott has had no problem giving me one during my two stays there, and the restaurant breakfast and lounge spread are superior.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:48 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Majuki
This would be an extremely recent policy change, within the last few weeks, if that is the case. See my post here about the confusion with the restaurant breakfast.

This was my experience too. Fortunately I could change to an earlier train, but I specifically booked a 4 pm departure from Shinagawa in anticipation of the 4 pm late checkout. The Marriott has had no problem giving me one during my two stays there, and the restaurant breakfast and lounge spread are superior.
​​​​​​​Yes, +1 to the Marriott - though they would only give me 1 PM as they had upgraded me to a named premium suite, the food situation there is better. Do you remember if the restaurant was mentioned on the lounge information sheet you received? I'm curious if they give the same sheet to Seibu Prince Club and Bonvoy, which would explain the confusion.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
​​​​​​​Do you remember if the restaurant was mentioned on the lounge information sheet you received?
I kept the sheet, but there was no mention of the word restaurant on the side talking about the lounge hours. The opposite side gave information on the spa, fitness center, and in room dining.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Majuki
I kept the sheet, but there was no mention of the word restaurant on the side talking about the lounge hours. The opposite side gave information on the spa, fitness center, and in room dining.
Very interesting - I wish I had taken a photo. Mine listed the continental buffet in the lounge and then the Western buffet in the restaurant right below, so it does sound different.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
How does this hotel live up to its namesake as far as views of Sakura blooms from the rooms and around the property?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
How does this hotel live up to its namesake as far as views of Sakura blooms from the rooms and around the property?
There is a large, beautiful courtyard and garden that behind the property with Sakura trees, manicured garden landscaping and a koi fish pond. This courtyard actually connects to two other Prince hotels (non-Marriott), but in the same Hotel ownership group. They're all equally nice from what I saw in the lobbies. Look at views in Google Maps and you'll see it's like a complex with three hotels adjacent to the train station and some small residential neighborhood.

I enjoyed being in that area since it was so close to Shinagawa station. The rooms are also quite large for Japanese standards.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The garden is very nice. A true oasis inside of Shinagawa.

I stayed in a junior suite on the fourth floor during the height of sakura season. The trees were right up against the big curved windows, giving the impression of actually being inside the tree itself. It was quite a spectacular and unique experience.

I'm not sure I could speak for the view from the other rooms though, especially the other half of rooms that don't even face the garden...
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi If you cannot get a garden view then a tower view room of tokyo tower is nice ( esp at night)
Handy hotel for transport links

Regards

Tbs
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:38 am

Thank you all for the replies. Is the garden only accessible by hotel guests or can anyone enter?

Also, does anyone have the current concierge email?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Few Pics From My Recent Stay

Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:16 pm

Thank you all for the replies. Is the garden only accessible by hotel guests or can anyone enter?

Also, does anyone have the current concierge email?
Technically you could just walk through any of the hotel lobbies and enter into the garden. Who is going to stop you unless you are causing trouble? It's like most hotels in that respect. In my time there, security or personnel weren't bothering people.

However, I am pretty sure that if they see people with a bad appearance (rare in that district of Tokyo) and large groups of non-hotel guests gathering then they will probably ask questions.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by 1999driver
Technically you could just walk through any of the hotel lobbies and enter into the garden. Who is going to stop you unless you are causing trouble? It's like most hotels in that respect. In my time there, security or personnel weren't bothering people.

However, I am pretty sure that if they see people with a bad appearance (rare in that district of Tokyo) and large groups of non-hotel guests gathering then they will probably ask questions.
That makes sense. I guess what I was curious about is if the garden is only accessible through one of the hotels, or does it have a street connected public entrance as well.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1999driver
Technically you could just walk through any of the hotel lobbies and enter into the garden.
You don't even need to walk through the lobby. There are roads to enter the garden area without passing through any building. So I think it would be perfectly fine to stroll through without being a staying guest.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 12:08 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
That makes sense. I guess what I was curious about is if the garden is only accessible through one of the hotels, or does it have a street connected public entrance as well.
If you walk past the Prince Sakura, there's a small path behind it passing the entrance to a steak house and leading directly into the small garden between the three hotels. (This information is from 2017.)

HTB.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:03 am

Anyone have the current concierge email?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.